LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• lazy
  • Veteran
Who replaces Blake Griffin on Team USA? Deandre Jordan?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by hohbie:
Does anyone know the reasoning behind having the 30 day rule for trading?

IIRC, that rule was made because cleveland traded ilgauskas mid season to save money to sign a big name player, the team he went to then waved him, and then cleveland resigned him for the minimum. All in a couple of days. Everybody was like WTF, that was a b******t move. And the 30 day rule was enacted to stop teams from doing sneaky s**t like that. Or something like that.

I vaguely remember that, but didnt know this rule came out of it. Thanks for the info.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Lakers offer Byron Scott head-coaching job
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/nba-rumors.html
Originally posted by lazy:

lol...we're just giving kobe everything he wants this year. oh well, i sat through those 3 years when we sucked, 3 more wont hurt now.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by lazy:

lol...we're just giving kobe everything he wants this year. oh well, i sat through those 3 years when we sucked, 3 more wont hurt now.

For some odd reason I have a feeling that the Lakers are going to make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs it will only hurt the pick that they gave to the Phoenix Suns.
@SportsCenter: Carmelo Anthony says his decision to sign with the Knicks was not about the money. » http://t.co/WDvrdG1ySd http://t.co/mzUbZMh2xL

Riiiiight.
T-Wolves probably laughed at Knicks offer for Love
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
T-Wolves probably laughed at Knicks offer for Love

Srsly. What could they offer? Amare Stoudemire and a basketball signed by Pablo Prigioni? GTFOH
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol @ "hope"

"Hope" is exactly the right word. Though, if I was a team-mate of Derrick Rose - all my hopes and prayers would be directed towards one thing and one thing only. Actually, 3 things - two knees and Rose's mental make-up.
Originally posted by 4ML:

lol @ "hope"

"Hope" is exactly the right word. Though, if I was a team-mate of Derrick Rose - all my hopes and prayers would be directed towards one thing and one thing only. Actually, 3 things - two knees and Rose's mental make-up.

At least he speaks in real terms and just doesn't blast out that they are going to beat them every time they play, like some douches do and talk about how they're going to win "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7,"

• 4ML
  • Veteran
lol someone's butt is full of hurts from 2010 lol

pep rally in front of thousands of fans vs an actual interview...hmm - must be difficult to understand the difference lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyway...back to 2014 -

Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year

This is something a lot of players had requested. Commissioner Adam Silver said last All-Star Break that players had told him they wanted more time off around the All-Star Game.

----------------

Adam Silver >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Stern
Anyway...back to 2014 -

Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year

This is something a lot of players had requested. Commissioner Adam Silver said last All-Star Break that players had told him they wanted more time off around the All-Star Game.

----------------

Adam Silver >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Stern

No doubt. Silver > Stern, at least when it comes to relations with players and fans.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Stephen A. Smith: From what my sources told me just yesterday, and I don't know whether this is true or not so I don't have it locked down, but I'm hearing that Kevin Love is basically telling other teams 'Don't bother bringing me long-term because once my contract is up, if I have to serve this last year in Minnesota, I'm going to Cleveland. The man apparently wants to play with LeBron James.

Multiple league sources also told FOX Sports Ohio on Friday they are under the impression Love has relayed his desire for a trade to Cleveland to his agent.

Sources could not say for certain whether Love or Schwartz have made a formal trade request to the Timberwolves.
Stephen A. Smith: From what my sources told me just yesterday, and I don't know whether this is true or not so I don't have it locked down, but I'm hearing that Kevin Love is basically telling other teams 'Don't bother bringing me long-term because once my contract is up, if I have to serve this last year in Minnesota, I'm going to Cleveland. The man apparently wants to play with LeBron James.

Multiple league sources also told FOX Sports Ohio on Friday they are under the impression Love has relayed his desire for a trade to Cleveland to his agent.

Sources could not say for certain whether Love or Schwartz have made a formal trade request to the Timberwolves.

Sounds identical to the Melo situation.

Hopefully the Cavs just wait for him and keep their stock pile rather than get raped like the Knicks
Share 49ersWebzone