LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

LOL
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Wow. What a f**king joke. It looks like the other team paid him off.
And here's Harden torpedoing a key offensive possession in crunch time as well. Lin's trying to get him over to the wing, and Harden ignores it and walks away. Happens around 0:07.

• Jiks
James Harden is 24 years old. He will get better on D.

But bring the hate. I love it. First you guys said he sucked in college and wasn't a top player. Then you guys say he was drafted way too high. Then you guys talked s**t about him being a bench player. Then you guys said he can't be a teams top player and he was overpaid.

Now you are putting together gifs and youtube clips to attack his defense (because we all know every NBA player plays 100% D all the time and never takes plays off, I mean thats what the NBA is known for right? Consistent tough tenacious D every single possession).

So EAD a b***hes, Harden will lead the Rockets to playoffs as a 4 or 5 seed.

Oh and who was the person that said Harden would be a top 10 scorer in the league and Houston would grab the 8th playoff spot last year? Oh that was me.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

That's terrible.

Scoring 25 a game is meaningless if you're giving up 25-30 at the other end.
Originally posted by 4ML:
That's terrible.

Harden can play D, he just isn't consistent. Like I said 24 years old and this is his 2nd year starting. He will get there.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

But bring the hate. I love it. First you guys said he sucked in college and wasn't a top player. Then you guys say he was drafted way too high. Then you guys talked s**t about him being a bench player. Then you guys said he can't be a teams top player and he was overpaid.

Now you are putting together gifs and youtube clips to attack his defense (because we all know every NBA player plays 100% D all the time and never takes plays off, I mean thats what the NBA is known for right? Consistent tough tenacious D every single possession).

Oh and who was the person that said Harden would be a top 10 scorer in the league and Houston would grab the 8th playoff spot last year? Oh that was me.

Harden's defense has been a problem since his OKC days, and it's hardly just "haters" that point it out. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=246150

Houston had a .515 winning percentage, then added Harden, Jeremy Lin, & Omer Asik, and got all the way up to .549 with them. They were hardly some out of nowhere story. Harden's numbers are simply a function of increased opportunity. He's considerably less efficient on his play usage than he was in OKC, and he's turning the ball over at a historic rate this year. His play hasn't impacted wins and losses in Houston, he's simply put up gaudy numbers in what was the fastest paced offense in the league, while getting the most touches. They'll be better this year, but that's because they added Dwight Howard.

Harden's a good player, but he's incredibly overrated.

That's terrible.

Harden can play D, he just isn't consistent. Like I said 24 years old and this is his 2nd year starting. He will get there.

Most guys who end up as good defenders are playing good defense by the time they're 24. He has the ability to do it, but not the mentality. His defense is embarrassing because he barely cares.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I like James Harden too but I'm not sure how you can defend that. It's the effort. Of course, players take a play off here and there...but all those possessions are from the same game.
Harden's defense has been a problem since his OKC days, and it's hardly just "haters" that point it out. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=246150

Houston had a .515 winning percentage, then added Harden, Jeremy Lin, & Omer Asik, and got all the way up to .549 with them. They were hardly some out of nowhere story. Harden's numbers are simply a function of increased opportunity. He's considerably less efficient on his play usage than he was in OKC, and he's turning the ball over at a historic rate this year. His play hasn't impacted wins and losses in Houston, he's simply put up gaudy numbers in what was the fastest paced offense in the league, while getting the most touches. They'll be better this year, but that's because they added Dwight Howard.

Harden's a good player, but he's incredibly overrated.

lolololololol

How do you watch so much basketball and coach it and say something so wrong.

Here, learn some basketball:
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/7/31/4573944/breaking-down-james-hardens-offensive-game

or

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/hardens-season-in-a-word-great/?_r=0

As far as turnovers this season go, were not even at the 10 game mark!!! Mr. Nate Silver's #1 fan should know that for reliable statistics you need to have ample data, otherwise the stats are too misleading by unusual performances (8 TO's against Portland).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
Most guys who end up as good defenders are playing good defense by the time they're 24. He has the ability to do it, but not the mentality. His defense is embarrassing because he barely cares.

Yeah I'm sure a 24 year old NBA player never improved on his defensive game
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
That's terrible.

Yea...plus I don't think starting has anything to do with it.
Share 49ersWebzone