Originally posted by valrod33:
Love for Wiggins and Thompson

Rubio/Lavine
Lavine
Wiggins
Thompson
Pek

WIMBELDON CHAMPS

IMO Cavs will look to make that trade without Wiggins. They have 1st round picks from Miami and Memphis in 2015 draft. If Lebron leaves Miami - both of those picks could be lottery picks.
it will probably be b***h ass Waiters instead of Wiggins
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by sacniner:
@Chris_BroussardSources: Cavs pursuing Mike Miller

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m LeBron James reached out to two vet free agents last week about joining him, IF he left Miami, sources tell Yahoo. Mike Miller was one.

Dayum! The speculation ramps up...

I am a big LeBron fan, and dont hold the decision against him...but if he strings Cleveland along like this and doesnt come out and say his intentions soon, this is another horrible mistake.

I hope he is stringing along Cleveland, Cleveland sucks. No one goes to Cleveland on purpose

I did once. To watch Chris Weinke lead us to a loss vs the lowly Browns
Originally posted by 4ML:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m LeBron James reached out to two vet free agents last week about joining him, IF he left Miami, sources tell Yahoo. Mike Miller was one.

I am a big LeBron fan, and dont hold the decision against him...but if he strings Cleveland along like this and doesnt come out and say his intentions soon, this is another horrible mistake.

If Cavs can't handle this - they shouldn't be in this game. Lebron hasn't made any decision. He is meeting with Heat today.

As it has been reported - they intend to make a huge offer to Parsons if Lebron stays in Miami. Cavs doing what they want to do.

I don't think Lebron goes to Cleveland as the current roster stands. Cavs missed the playoffs with this roster - and all they added is Wiggins (who is an unknown) and traded away Jack (who played 28+ minutes for them). Unless Cavs make a trade for Kevin Love...or another all-star...I just don't see any reason for Lebron to leave Miami right now to join Cavs.

Guess you missed the part about stringing them along.

Here is whats coming out of the rumors:

Lebron and the Heat are finding a way to piece together the right team again and he is coming back.

He is seriously considering the Cavs.

Given what he did last time to the home fan base, if he is not really considering the Cavs, he needs to kill the rumors because its a s**tty thing to let go on.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Even if they have better talent than Miami?

True. I think Lebron is really reflecting on that pounding they got in the Finals as the rest of his teammates around him went MIA. I think he's really putting that into consideration when he decides.

Truth is, DWade isn't the same guy he was when they all teamed up 4 years ago - he's rapidly declined and is injury prone. Bosh has basically regressed into 6'11 jump shooting big that's scared s**tless of getting his body banged up in the paint (LOL - his words not mine).

PG position is trash, still don't have a big presence in the paint, and their bench is old as dirt.

Cleveland does appear to have more promise and potential in the future but you never know - they're still a young squad with relatively little to no playoff experience. Also, what happens to Wiggins? Does he move to the 2 or do they package him in a trade? With James there, he'll be in the back seat to Irving + James.

With all that said, I still expect him to stay in Miami although I'm not as sure I was a week ago. We'll see.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM ]

I hope he is stringing along Cleveland, Cleveland sucks. No one goes to Cleveland on purpose

They don't have better talent than Miami and also have no idea how to run a franchise. If LeBron comes back they will panic and start giving out huge contracts to scrubs like Donyell Marshal.

Pretty sure he is just getting some revenge on Gilbert. Making him think this is a real possibility, have him trade some talent away, then screw him again. Will be lulz when it happens and we get to see the Letter Part II.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
They don't have better talent than Miami and also have no idea how to run a franchise. If LeBron comes back they will panic and start giving out huge contracts to scrubs like Donyell Marshal.

Pretty sure he is just getting some revenge on Gilbert. Making him think this is a real possibility, have him trade some talent away, then screw him again. Will be lulz when it happens and we get to see the Letter Part II.

I don't know man... at this point, the Heat have no roster. And it seems like if LBJ signs there, Wade and Bosh will follow suit and the rest of the roster will basically be the same as last year. Maybe some different names, but the same type of team. Haslem will be on there also. I'm sorry, but IMO McRoberts and Granger aren't game changers that will put the Heat over the top in the finals. It'll be another hodge podge of vets. Who is their starting PG?

LBJ had to play too many minutes in the reg season last year. Unless Riley has something up his sleeve, LBJ will again be depended on way too much in Miami. The more I think about it, the more Cleveland makes sense.

Who will Miami get? Will the roster really be better? How much will they have to pay Wade and Haslem who are locks for the roster? Who will run the point? A lot of stuff in the air...
for the heat fans out there its kind of a shame they didnt have some young developmental guys on the roster the past 2-3 years. all of their bench spots just went to aging dudes, yeah you'll get a yr maybe 2 out of them but thats really why they're in this situation right now.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

True. I think Lebron is really reflecting on that pounding they got in the Finals as the rest of his teammates around him went MIA. I think he's really putting that into consideration when he decides.

Truth is, DWade isn't the same guy he was when they all teamed up 4 years - he's rapidly declined and is injury prone. Bosh has basically regressed into 6'11 jump shooting big that's scared s**tless of getting body banged up in the paint (LOL - his words not mine).

PG position is trash, still don't have a big presence in the paint, and their bench is old as dirt.

Cleveland does appear to have more promise and potential in the future but you never know - they're still a young squad with relatively little to no playoff experience. Also, what happens to Wiggins? Does he move to the 2 or do they package him in a trade? With James there, he'll be in the back seat to Irving + James.

Or be the pivotal #3 guy they need because I don't think Dion Waiters is that guy. He's a great SG which they need but I wouldn't have him be their third man in the long run. For the next year sure but after Wiggins gains some experience I think he'll be able to fill that spot nicely. Plus when the Cavs would play small ball that would be a solid lineup regardless of who's at center now that Zeller is gone.

C: Varajao
PF/SF: James
PF/SF: Wiggins
SG: Waiters
PG: Irving

Bench
Tristan Thompson
Anthony Bennett
Mike Miller
Ray Allen
Alonzo Gee

They definitely need some more depth at PG and C but that's not a horrible team. In the east they could easily be a top 4 seed.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Truth is, DWade isn't the same guy he was when they all teamed up 4 years ago - he's rapidly declined and is injury prone. Bosh has basically regressed into 6'11 jump shooting big that's scared s**tless of getting his body banged up in the paint (LOL - his words not mine).

With all that said, I still expect him to stay in Miami although I'm not as sure I was a week ago. We'll see.

Wiggins and waiters for klay + Barnes + future 1st. BOOM
[ Edited by YungAce on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]

Oh stop. Irving and Wiggins are better than anyone on the heat.

But I still don't believe he'd go back to CLE.. Idk.

Shabaz Napier would be the heat PG

Or be the pivotal #3 guy they need because I don't think Dion Waiters is that guy. He's a great SG which they need but I wouldn't have him be their third man in the long run. For the next year sure but after Wiggins gains some experience I think he'll be able to fill that spot nicely. Plus when the Cavs would play small ball that would be a solid lineup regardless of who's at center now that Zeller is gone.

C: Varajao
PF/SF: James
PF/SF: Wiggins
SG: Waiters
PG: Irving

Bench
Tristan Thompson
Anthony Bennett
Mike Miller
Ray Allen
Alonzo Gee

They definitely need some more depth at PG and C but that's not a horrible team. In the east they could easily be a top 4 seed.

Talk about a small ball lineup.

And lol at top 4 seed. You realize the big 3 + crap = #1 seed in the east right?

C: McRoberts
PF: Bosh
SF: LeBron
SG: Wade
PG: Napier

Bench:
Ray Allen
Granger
Haslem
Andersen
Cole

That is a pretty solid team.
Talk about a small ball lineup.

And lol at top 4 seed. You realize the big 3 + crap = #1 seed in the east right?

C: McRoberts
PF: Bosh
SF: LeBron
SG: Wade
PG: Napier

Bench:
Ray Allen
Granger
Haslem
Andersen
Cole

That is a pretty solid team.

Wade is a wildcard. Common sense suggest he'll be even worse this year and may play even less in the regular season. Ray Allen didn't play too well last year and is a year older. The backcourt has a lot of red flags and question marks (a 20 something pick rookie as a starting PG). McRoberts is decent but no depth behind him. That team will not win the finals. Everyone talks about the easy path to the finals in the East, but it doesn't matter if LBJ just makes the finals. He has to win a ring for his legacy. Not lose in the finals.

The Cavs have more financial flexibility than the Heat. If they add LBJ they won't be done.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM ]
Mcroberts is more of a 3 then a 5
Wade is a wildcard. Common sense suggest he'll be even worse this year and may play even less in the regular season. Ray Allen didn't play too well last year and is a year older. The backcourt has a lot of red flags and question marks (a 20 something pick rookie as a starting PG). McRoberts is decent but no depth behind him. That team will not win the finals.

The Cavs have more financial flexibility than the Heat. If they add LBJ they won't be done.

After adding LBJ they will still have their exceptions, so they could add some players like McRoberts or Granger. Meh.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wade is a wildcard. Common sense suggest he'll be even worse this year and may play even less in the regular season. Ray Allen didn't play too well last year and is a year older. The backcourt has a lot of red flags and question marks (a 20 something pick rookie as a starting PG). McRoberts is decent but no depth behind him. That team will not win the finals. Everyone talks about the easy path to the finals in the East, but it doesn't matter if LBJ just makes the finals. He has to win a ring for his legacy. Not lose in the finals.

If the Cavs sign James they would be able to get just enough money to give him a max deal and have maybe 1.5 million left. The only move they would have would be to trade for Love.
Share 49ersWebzone