LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Teams awaiting direction today from agent if Miami's LeBron James will proceed to free agent meetings this week, league sources tell Yahoo.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Everyone is technically still alive ... though there is a rising sense around the league that Melo likely to choose between Knicks & Lakers

LA makes no sense. Because the West is so stacked, Lakers likely won't be contending any time soon. Chicago is his best option if he wants to win NOW. If he just wants money, he'll take the mega max deal from NY. I smell smokescreens. We'll find out tomorrow.
Diaw back with the Spurs on a 3-year deal. F*ck yes!

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/6/5875495/boris-diaw-spurs-sign-nba-free-agency-2014
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Spencer Hawes.... Can someone give me a breakdown of his game?

Never heard of him until he signed with the clippers.

Never heard of him? That explains your basketball related posts... You don't know s**t.

and you are a kings fan....

• lazy
  • Veteran
I'm happy for Boris Diaw, he flourishes in the Spurs system.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

If Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant were playing ball at UCLA today, one thing's for sure, source tells Yahoo: Kevin Love wasn't with them.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Diaw back with the Spurs on a 3-year deal. F*ck yes!

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/6/5875495/boris-diaw-spurs-sign-nba-free-agency-2014

f**k yea
  • lazy
  • Veteran

If Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant were playing ball at UCLA today, one thing's for sure, source tells Yahoo: Kevin Love wasn't with them.

Come on Suns, do a sign and trade for Kevin Love.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · 2h

Clippers use biannual exception to replace Darren Collison w/ex-Laker Jordan Farmar, per sources, for two years, $4.2M.

Good pick up for the Clippers.
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA

So today we've had people track a plane, Dan Gilbert deny he was on said plane, and a pickup game that may or may not have happened. Fun.

and you are a kings fan....

Ummm... maybe I should bandwagon to whatever team is winning like you... then I may know who starting centers in the NBA are.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Everyone is technically still alive ... though there is a rising sense around the league that Melo likely to choose between Knicks & Lakers

LA makes no sense. Because the West is so stacked, Lakers likely won't be contending any time soon. Chicago is his best option if he wants to win NOW. If he just wants money, he'll take the mega max deal from NY. I smell smokescreens. We'll find out tomorrow.

He'll go to New York probably. But I hope he takes the Lakers deal... If he goes to NY, he'll be doing Laker fans a big favor.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
So if you were Flip Saunders, what would you do to trade Kevin Love and put your team in the best position to compete in this upcoming season?

If the Cavs can land LeBron James in free agency, I think Kevin Love instantly becomes a target for them. Once they get rid of Jack's contract, they can do something like:

Waiters + Thompson + Bennett + 2015 Draft Picks for Martin and Love.

PG: Rubio/Shved/Barea
SG: Waiters/Levine
SF: Brewer/Budinger/Moute
PF: Bennett/Thompson
C: Pekovic/Dieng/Turiaf

You got younger talent and draft picks to provide potential now and multiple options in 2015.
Originally posted by GEEK:
So if you were Flip Saunders, what would you do to trade Kevin Love and put your team in the best position to compete in this upcoming season?

If the Cavs can land LeBron James in free agency, I think Kevin Love instantly becomes a target for them. Once they get rid of Jack's contract, they can do something like:

Waiters + Thompson + Bennett + 2015 Draft Picks for Martin and Love.

PG: Rubio/Shved/Barea
SG: Waiters/Levine
SF: Brewer/Budinger/Moute
PF: Bennett/Thompson
C: Pekovic/Dieng/Turiaf

You got younger talent and draft picks to provide potential now and multiple options in 2015.

Can the Cavs afford three max deals? (Love, LBJ and Kyrie)

I don't think the Cavs make any move for Love unless they know he'll sign there long term. And then they'll have to hand out three max deals in your scenario... but, don't worry. LBJ ain't going to Cleveland.
Wiggins for Love. DO IT
Share 49ersWebzone