There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jrg:
apparently the spotlight isn't for him. he wants to leave brooklyn for milwaukee lol

Can't blame him actually. Brooklyn is all payroll and hype. They can't win a championship and they don't have young players to build around.

Milwaukee has new ownership, and some talented young guys. They could be a better spot long term if they play their cards right.

Agreed. I think Milwaukee has a much brighter future. Parker, Antetokounmpo, Mayo, Ilyasova is something to start with.
Agreed. I think Milwaukee has a much brighter future. Parker, Antetokounmpo, Mayo, Ilyasova is something to start with.

Yup. Apparently Antetokounmpo has grown 2 or 3 inches since last year. The kid is almost 7 feet tall now lol.

Yup. Apparently Antetokounmpo has grown 2 or 3 inches since last year. The kid is almost 7 feet tall now lol.

Holy s**t really? Damn I hadn't heard about that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

The Greek freak

link

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

I know it's crazy. Last year he was listed at 6'9" 207. Their GM said they recently measured him at 6'11" 217. When he fills out that frame he could be a beast. Him and Parker at SF/PF...not too shabby.
Holy s**t. Apparently a ball boy that has inside info in the Nets organization leaked this two days ago (even before Woj and Aldridge). Dude was dropping gems and right on the money!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1330298
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Holy s**t. Apparently a ball boy that has inside info in the Nets organization leaked this two days ago (even before Woj and Aldridge). Dude was dropping gems and right on the money!

WTF! lol
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

WTF! lol
That dude is a basketball god. Thats so badass!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
John Salmons traded for Lou Williams and Lucas Nugiera
John Salmons traded for Lou Williams and Lucas Nugiera

Sounds like the Hawks will waive him too in order to free up some more cap space.
apparently the spotlight isn't for him. he wants to leave brooklyn for milwaukee lol

Can't blame him actually. Brooklyn is all payroll and hype. They can't win a championship and they don't have young players to build around.

Milwaukee has new ownership, and some talented young guys. They could be a better spot long term if they play their cards right.

Beyond the aging roster, the Nets gave the Hawks the rights to swap 1sts for 2015, traded away unprotected 1st rounders to Boston in 2016&2018 and gave Boston the right to swap the 2017 1st rounders.

I got the feeling that Boston is going make a killing off the Garnett/Pierce trade when it's all said and done. Nets might have one or two at best decent seasons and then be a bad lottery team where their 1st rounders have already been traded away.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

Beyond the aging roster, the Nets gave the Hawks the rights to swap 1sts for 2015, traded away unprotected 1st rounders to Boston in 2016&2018 and gave Boston the right to swap the 2017 1st rounders.

I got the feeling that Boston is going make a killing off the Garnett/Pierce trade when it's all said and done. Nets might have one or two at best decent seasons and then be a bad lottery team where their 1st rounders have already been traded away.

Wow. I've been really down on Brooklyn, and that was before I knew they completely mortgaged their future for the current roster lol.

Wow. I've been really down on Brooklyn, and that was before I knew they completely mortgaged their future for the current roster lol.

Yeah I don't know how they thought an extremely old and done KG and an average Pierce were worth all that. Ainge was a genius for that trade.

Yeah, Brooklyn doesn't have any 1st rounders until 2019 ... Their future outlook appears very dim. Their roster is old as dirt, they're paying two injury prone players the max, dysfunctional management and a FO/GM that makes pretty questionable decisions to say the least. Now it seems they'll be looking for their fifth coach in the last 5/6 years. Basically the only thing going for them is being located in a big market (NY) to attract FAs. They're screwed for the foreseeable future and won't even be able to rebuild for a few years. At least s**tty teams like the Sixers and Bucks have a bright future to look forward to with the rosters they're building. After next season, the Nets will likely be a lottery team...except they'll have to watch other teams cash in on their picks. Damn . Kidd saw the impending turmoil from a mile away and ran while he still could.
You can see all the future draft pick credits and debits here

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

It's safe by far Boston is sitting the prettiest when it comes to future draft pick currency and no team is more screwed then Brooklyn when it comes to future draft picks.