LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Hibbert is the most overrated center in the league by far. A competent defensive center can shut him down. But the pacers are a deep ass team.

They're not a deep team. Their bench scoring is below average.

But, they have a great starting 5 (one of the best IMO) - and they're built to beat Miami. PG was handed the title of Super-star after a great month of November...and he returned to 2012-2013 levels in January and Feb. That led to Larry Bird panicking and making too many changes. Maybe that's enough time to gel together and build the chemistry...(history has shown it's not) but those moves alone show that Pacers are worried. We'll see how it works out...still too early to say anything.

I still feel the series against Miami will come down a few plays here and there. It should be a great series. Miami have their own issues...they MUST keep Wade and Oden healthy. Without those guys contributing - Pacers will be extremely tough to beat.

Really? they seem so deep to me. But alright I think Evan Turner is their only reliable bench player so you're right.

PG isn't overrated to me, but he is too inconsistent to be called a superstar. He is a shutdown defender but he can't have those 0-9 kind of games that he had against the bobcats.

Miami and Indiana looks poised for a ECF rematch for sure and you are right it could go either way. I think they are managing Wade smartly and if Oden is healthy in the playoffs then I think it will be tough for the Pacers to win.
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

To go along with one of the best starting 5s in basketball.. Lol like 3 of those bench players would start for the heat
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Really? they seem so deep to me. But alright I think Evan Turner is their only reliable bench player so you're right.

PG isn't overrated to me, but he is too inconsistent to be called a superstar. He is a shutdown defender but he can't have those 0-9 kind of games that he had against the bobcats.

Miami and Indiana looks poised for a ECF rematch for sure and you are right it could go either way. I think they are managing Wade smartly and if Oden is healthy in the playoffs then I think it will be tough for the Pacers to win.

Not over-rated...I like PG...I think he will a star in this league...and is almost there but not quite. I'm a basketball fan - and I enjoy watching great players play great. I've quite a few friends who follow NBA religiously and they text me every other day - who is ahead in the MVP race now and my response is - I don't care man, I love watching these two guys going for it. I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this as they go for it. I'm not hating on Durant because I'm Lebron guy. I hope they keep pushing each other.

So, I don't want to sound like I hate PG because he is a Pacer. I played both offense & defense on my HS football team...so I respect players who can put up numbers offensively and still play stellar defense. I also don't want to have a knee-jerk reaction to PG's performance today. But, after having an excellent month of November and half of December...he has been shooting 40% since the calender turned to 2014. That's turrible.

Lance Stephenson and David West have been the best players on the Pacers past two months.
[ Edited by 4ML on Mar 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

To go along with one of the best starting 5s in basketball.. Lol like 3 of those bench players would start for the heat

I don't care if they have Muhammad "I'm hard" Bruce Lee. They score better than only 4 teams in the league lol
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

I don't care if they have Muhammad "I'm hard" Bruce Lee. They score better than only 4 teams in the league lol

And it's clearly hurt them so far leading them to the best record in the NBA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

Did you miss the part where I said they have one of the best starting 5? They've the best record in the NBA in-spite of poor bench play. That's a credit to their starting 5...their coach, and amazing start to the season.

I don't even know why you're arguing this? No one is hating on the Pacers. Stats clearly back up my point..and tune into their local broadcasts a few times and you'll hear them b***hing about poor bench play and keep reminding everyone where they rank lol
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

Did you miss the part where I said they have one of the best starting 5? They've the best record in the NBA in-spite of poor bench play. That's a credit to their starting 5...their coach, and amazing start to the season.

I don't even know why you're arguing this? No one is hating on the Pacers. Stats clearly back up my point..and tune into their local broadcasts a few times and you'll hear them b***hing about poor bench play and keep reminding everyone where they rank lol

I'm actually not even arguing anything brah
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Turner
Cj Watson
Scola
Mahinmi
Copeland
Lavoy Allen

I'm actually not even arguing anything brah

It's all good man. But, you should know - Pacers are the ONLY team that really scares me. Trust me...I'm not counting them out by any stretch of imagination. They can lose half of their games in March but I know what they can do against Miami. It's a bad match-up for Heat. Miami has been playing catch-up with them all season and finally caught up to them in the loss column. It may last only a day with a game against Spurs next up for the Heat...so let me enjoy their 2 game losing streak

We're so deep in 4MLs head, pitched a tent and blazing marshmellows sitting comfortably in his membrane.

Originally posted by GameOver:

We're so deep in 4MLs head, pitched a tent and blazing marshmellows sitting comfortably in his membrane.

Exactly
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lulz...Miami is tied in the loss column - many thought Pacers could win 70. Miami been resting dudes. Mosquito buzzes around Wade - day off - and here we're in March and Heat are a game behind. Miami is in the Pacers head. Everyone knows Pacers are a bad match-up for the Heat. Vogel f**ked up so bad by declaring in Oct. that Pacers need the home-court against Heat. It kept Miami interested in Nov. and Dec. Just a dumb move. Who declares to the World that their goal for this season is to get that no. 1 seed lool. Pacers better get that home court now.

And...it's sad that PG has gone all Ricky Rubio from the field in 2014. The dude has come crashing down. lol @ 40% shooting for over 2 months - barely playing like an all-star in 2014. But, I hope he figures it out this year. I don't want to see a short series. I want 7 games. You guys are funny...in my head? lol Pacers haven't beaten a half-decent team in almost a month lol

lulz...Miami is tied in the loss column - many thought Pacers could win 70. Miami been resting dudes. Mosquito buzzes around Wade - day off - and here we're in March and Heat are a game behind. Miami is in the Pacers head. Everyone knows Pacers are a bad match-up for the Heat. Vogel f**ked up so bad by declaring in Oct. that Pacers need the home-court against Heat. It kept Miami interested in Nov. and Dec. Just a dumb move. Who declares to the World that their goal for this season is to get that no. 1 seed lool. Pacers better get that home court now.

And...it's sad that PG has gone all Ricky Rubio from the field in 2014. The dude has come crashing down. lol @ 40% shooting for over 2 months - barely playing like an all-star in 2014. But, I hope he figures it out this year. I don't want to see a short series. I want 7 games. You guys are funny...in my head? lol Pacers haven't beaten a half-decent team in almost a month lol

Marsh, we should probably stop pooping so close to 4ML's cerebral cortex...looks like its having some adverse effects.

And Marsh, stop using his brainstem as a God damn hammock! I told you to get comfy in here but we're still only renting! No structural damage or we won't get our security deposit back. Not until Indiana wins the ship can we buy the place and stay here permanently.
[ Edited by GameOver on Mar 6, 2014 at 1:59 PM ]

Marsh, we should probably stop pooping so close to 4ML's cerebral cortex...looks like its having some adverse effects.

And Marsh, stop using his brainstem as a God damn hammock! I told you to get comfy in here but we're still only renting! No structural damage or we won't get our security deposit back. Not until Indiana wins the ship can we buy the place and stay here permanently.

question for the miami fans in here, are you miami heat fans or lebron james fans? were you cleveland fans 5 years ago? just curious because i encounter so many "heat" fans who are 30-40 years old but dont even know who glen rice, steve smith, tim hardaway, alonzo mourning are. i mean i understand if they not familiar with ronny seikley or bimbo coles. back in the day to a lot of these guys is the stan van gundy era.
Share 49ersWebzone