There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So Derrick Rose is looking pretty f**king good. Guess that's why you don't rush back to try and play in the playoffs.

Exactly. I called it back then for him not to rush it
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
So Derrick Rose is looking pretty f**king good. Guess that's why you don't rush back to try and play in the playoffs.

He would have looked pretty good had he made his comeback after the all-star game. He was cleared by the medical team in January. He wasn't rushing back. Mos guys come back from this injury in 9-10 months. Rubio did it...RGIII is doing it. They need a couple of weeks to get over it mentally when they make it back.

It was too late to come back in playoffs...but he really should have made it back sometime in March.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
Watch Hansboro change his mind lol

https://vine.co/v/hdtJZjIVYbw

Smart man.
Originally posted by 4ML:

He would have looked pretty good had he made his comeback after the all-star game. He was cleared by the medical team in January. He wasn't rushing back. Mos guys come back from this injury in 9-10 months. Rubio did it...RGIII is doing it. They need a couple of weeks to get over it mentally when they make it back.

It was too late to come back in playoffs...but he really should have made it back sometime in March.

Seriously he could've come back mid to late March and then gotten ready for the playoffs. Instead he just sat on the bench and f**ked his teams season away
  • IT21
  • Veteran
I think rose did the right thing

Look at rgknee now dude sucks lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Seriously he could've come back mid to late March and then gotten ready for the playoffs. Instead he just sat on the bench and f**ked his teams season away

The team was already doomed by the time playoffs rolled around...too many injuries by the time they played the Heat. You point out Rubio and RGIII and those guys were/are shells of themselves. Rose definitely did the right thing...you spend that much on a player, you better make sure he's as healthy as possible..
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Tyler Hansborough
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Too bad Psycho T didn't stand his ground. I'd pay a lot of money to see Hansborough fight Artest for real.

Artest has the rep as being a tough guy, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can fight.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace 13hI would play on Tyler's team anyday.. you guys are silly!! Stop adding fire to pre season ball. Fighting doesnt make u tough. win'n does!

Metta World Peace @MettaWorldPeace
Tyler Hansbrough is a tough kid . Stop be silly people!!! He is going to be a champ one day. Keep being tough Tyler!!
10:32 PM - 21 Oct 2013

I already miss Metta, lol.

And I have no doubt that he can fight. He seems like the type of dude that would have no boundaries about what's "dirty" in order to win a fight. He'd find something to stab you with.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

And I have no doubt that he can fight. He seems like the type of dude that would have no boundaries about what's "dirty" in order to win a fight. He'd find something to stab you with.

I think we've all seen the video footage of him fighting, hahaha
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

RGIII is a bad example. RGIII got hurt in January and came back in September...he wanted to play pre-season in August lol. He is playing in NFL...where you are more likely to get hurt and 300lb linemen are diving at your knees. He still came back. That's admirable. So, he was back in less than 8 months and he may not have looked very good in Sept...but has looked pretty darn good last two weeks. Like I said, you need a few games to figure out how far you can push yourself.

Rose could have easily started playing in March (I say this because he was clearly by the Bulls medical staff in late January) and be ready for playoffs.

I remember him telling some story about how he was playing baskeball on the streets of NYC when he was a teen and a couple dudes got into a fight and one of them broke the leg off a table and stabbed the other dude in the heart. Or something like that. lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

RGIII is a bad example. RGIII got hurt in January and came back in September...he wanted to play pre-season in August lol. He is playing in NFL...where you are more likely to get hurt and 300lb linemen are diving at your knees. He still came back. That's admirable. So, he was back in less than 8 months and he may not have looked very good in Sept...but has looked pretty darn good last two weeks. Like I said, you need a few games to figure out how far you can push yourself.

Rose could have easily started playing in March (I say this because he was clearly by the Bulls medical staff in late January) and be ready for playoffs.

Yeah but with the way Rose plays, he was more likely to reinjure that knee with all the cutting and stops on the dime that he always does. Rose coming back last year to play in the playoffs would be a hesitant Rose who is nowhere near as comfortable as the Rose we are seeing today. Sure he was cleared medically, but mentally he wasn't there..and that's just as important..for basketball comparisons last year, Rubio and Shumpert come to mind, and they were clearly not the same player when they came back..Being a huge Bulls fan I was greedy and wanted to see him play last year, but ultimately it was obvious that he shouldn't come back. Only problem was that they left everybody hanging with the possibility of a return, Rose did the right thing
Originally posted by Muggins:

I remember him telling some story about how he was playing baskeball on the streets of NYC when he was a teen and a couple dudes got into a fight and one of them broke the leg off a table and stabbed the other dude in the heart. Or something like that. lol

And he wasn't making it up.