LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Kevin Durant has recently been called 'The Slim Reaper', a nickname he doesn't like.

For most of his career, Durant has been simply called 'KD', which he enjoys. But Durant is now giving himself the nickname 'The Servant'.

"I like to serve everybody. My teammates. Ushers at the game. The fans," said Durant.

"I know it's kinda weird to make your own nickname, but I like that one better," Durant said.

i've always called him the durantula

Durantula, KD and The Slim Reaper

The Servant? Pass.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM ]
Bill Russell on being left off Lebron's Mt Rushmore

"Hey, thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I'm glad you did. Basketball is a team game, it's not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in high school, back-to-back NCAA championships in college, I won an NBA championship my first year in the league, an NBA championship in my last year, and nine in between. That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

"Hey, thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I'm glad you did. Basketball is a team game, it's not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in high school, back-to-back NCAA championships in college, I won an NBA championship my first year in the league, an NBA championship in my last year, and nine in between. That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.

Like a f**kin' boss.
That is like a boss, and Russell is one of the greatest of all time. But IMO, I'd take Kareem over him every single day of the week.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That is like a boss, and Russell is one of the greatest of all time. But IMO, I'd take Kareem over him every single day of the week.

Russell was the better defender and better rebounder but Kareem was by far the better scorer. Its close in my opinion.

To me the only automatic without question guy is Michael Jordan. After that I think there are 8 or 9 guys that could go there
Magic Johnson
Oscar Robertson
Kareem
Bill Russell
Lebron
Larry Bird
Wilt
Kobe
Shaq

I would probably go...
Jordan
Russell
Magic
Wilt or Kareem (so close)
Kings are trying to get Rondo. That poor b*****d!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Yep but he doesnt want to go there and wont sign extension. At least that is what was reported

Old news

Doesn't want to sign an extension here though like John said so no deal

The Sacramento Kings offered the Boston Celtics a package of Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and draft picks for Rajon Rondo, according to a source.

The deal did not go through due to Rondo's lack of interest in signing a long-term contract with the Kings.

The Celtics reportedly want multiple first round picks in a deal for Rondo.
Oh and...

The Toronto Raptors are interested in Rajon Rondo, according to multiple sources.

The Raptors like Rondo's basketball resume and he would also bring a 'star' element to the franchise. Rondo has many backers in the organization.

Rondo is scheduled to become a free agent in 2015.

The Raptors have been engaging in trade talks with Kyle Lowry, though they are prepared to keep him past the deadline. Lowry will be a free agent in July.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
f**k the sleeves
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Like a f**kin' boss.

Surprised Rusell responded to that. Who gives a f**k
Originally posted by sacniner:

Like a f**kin' boss.

I thought it was an awesome response.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Like a f**kin' boss.

You've to leave someone off if you're only gonna pick 4 guys...surprised a legend like him got the butthurts over something so insignificant. I think they have asked Lebron this question many times and he has given a different answer pretty much every time. Last time he had Dr. J in there...and Magic got pissed lol
Originally posted by 4ML:

Like a f**kin' boss.

You've to leave someone off if you're only gonna pick 4 guys...surprised a legend like him got the butthurts over something so insignificant. I think they have asked Lebron this question many times and he has given a different answer pretty much every time. Last time he had Dr. J in there...and Magic got pissed lol

lebron apologist gon' apologize

lol
Share 49ersWebzone