There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
Aftermath of lebrons decision. Now you have to pay for potential early to keep guys like Favors.

I mean he's clearly talented but paying based on potential instead of paying based on proven production is dangerous.

And its not like favors gave them a discount either

Thats exactly what I'm worried about. He's shown flashes of what he could be but I definitely feel like we overpaid him and we will probably overpay Hayward as well.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Aftermath of lebrons decision. Now you have to pay for potential early to keep guys like Favors.

I mean he's clearly talented but paying based on potential instead of paying based on proven production is dangerous.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about. He's shown flashes of what he could be but I definitely feel like we overpaid him and we will probably overpay Hayward as well.

It has to be hard to get a quality FA to come to Utah, after trading Deron Williams. I feel it. We overpaid Scola, Lowry, etc... But finally got 2 stars.

And yeah, probably over pay for Hayward. But he looked good. NBA is so different then NFL in terms of the cap, and money spent. I hate Soft Cap, I am use to Hard Cap. And pretty much 95% of contracts are guaranteed. The Rockets have more than 15 contracts guaranteed, or parts guaranteed. Tough cut time.

C'mon bro, it has nothing to do with Lebron's decision. Lebron signed his rookie extension as well and played in Cleveland for 7 years. Derrick Favors was in the last year of his rookie contract. This was an excellent move by the Utah FO. Favors would have gotten a max offer as a RFA next season and Utah would have been forced to sign that. This is exactly what happened with Roy Hibbert.

If teams can't put together a good squad around super-star players - they won't stick around. Lebron wasn't the first one to leave and he isn't the last one.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

C'mon bro, it has nothing to do with Lebron's decision. Lebron signed his rookie extension as well and played in Cleveland for 7 years. Derrick Favors was in the last year of his rookie contract. This was an excellent move by the Utah FO. Favors would have gotten a max offer as a RFA next season and Utah would have been forced to sign that. This is exactly what happened with Roy Hibbert.

If teams can't put together a good squad around super-star players - they won't stick around. Lebron wasn't the first one to leave and he isn't the last one.

All of this.
Originally posted by jrg:

Looking to fill 1 more spot!

Currently
-jrg
-SacRock
-valrod
-LA9erFan
-Boise
-ninerlifer
-crzy
-Fincham
-MoistButtCheeks
-Dino
-NinerFanMT
-???

Draft is tonight at 8PM CST

Currently
-jrg
-SacRock
-valrod
-LA9erFan
-Boise
-ninerlifer
-crzy
-Fincham
-MoistButtCheeks
-Dino
-NinerFanMT
-???

So the draft isn't until next Sunday?

Currently
-jrg
-SacRock
-valrod
-LA9erFan
-Boise
-ninerlifer
-crzy
-Fincham
-MoistButtCheeks
-Dino
-NinerFanMT
-???

Couldn't get everyone in. Are you Justin's Swell Team?

Currently
-jrg
-SacRock
-valrod
-LA9erFan
-Boise
-ninerlifer
-crzy
-Fincham
-MoistButtCheeks
-Dino
-NinerFanMT
-???

Couldn't get everyone in. Are you Justin's Swell Team?

I changed that stupid name today to just "MT," but yeah it was me.
Alright...so Dino hasn't joined.
I'll join email me
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I'll join email me

PM me your email
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I'll join email me

PM me your email

You PM me first
Nerlins noel out for season
Watch Hansboro change his mind lol

https://vine.co/v/hdtJZjIVYbw
So Derrick Rose is looking pretty f**king good. Guess that's why you don't rush back to try and play in the playoffs.