There are 252 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Baseball is so uptight. Unwritten rules up the wazoo.

The players aren't, just Bud Selig. He is retiring and that will change, but the unwritten rules make baseball great

Which unwritten rules do you speak of that makes baseball great?

Don't steal when you are killing em, don't squeeze to break up a no no, etc. doesn't mean you have to follow them , but watching how they play in a game is cool
  • jrg
  • Veteran
come on descalso

The players aren't, just Bud Selig. He is retiring and that will change, but the unwritten rules make baseball great

Not for me. It mutes personalities. Part of the reason that Puig brought me back to baseball this year is that he doesn't give a damn. He plays with passion and personality, and he's irreverent. I like Bryce Harper for the same reason, and I liked Bonds because of that too. God forbid you have some swagger in baseball.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
28 years ago today Ozzie Smith hit a walk off HR and Jack Buck had that famous call.

Cardinals won 3-2

Dodgers currently have 2 runs
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
Bonds would do a bat flip and a pirouette

Don't steal when you are killing em, don't squeeze to break up a no no, etc. doesn't mean you have to follow them , but watching how they play in a game is cool

It seems to me like most of 'em are about not showing up the other team.
He was a douche and a cheater (bonds)
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Bonds would do a bat flip and a pirouette

Yeah, after he hit a ball 450+ feet into the cove.
K
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ugh...

Yes!! Suck it adams

I never bought into the dont steal crap. I mean, hell, why not? The other team can still throw you out. If the game is so out of hand that you cant do everything to score then call the game off as a mercy killing.

It seems to me like most of 'em are about not showing up the other team.

Ya, but baseball has long been about the team, not the individual players like other sports. When Selig changes out, I think you will see a change in the way they market players. Like I said, they don't always follow them, and that's alright when its your team, but when its not, it brings the lolz sometimes.
Wonder what the odds of Greinke, Kershaw, & Wainwright going 0-3 were.
at @BestFansStLouis on twitter. Some real winners tweeting.
Share 49ersWebzone