LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Originally posted by robniner:
THE POSTSEASON SET IN THE NL, BUT IN THE AL.............

AL

WC Qualifying Round

#4E Tampa
#4W Texas

Loser of that matchup plays #4C Cleveland

ALDS

#1 Boston
#4 TBD

#2 Oakland
#3 Detroit

NL

WILD CARD

#4A Pittsburgh
#4B Cincinnati

NLDS
#1. St.Louis
#4 TBD

#2 Braves
#3 Dodgers

derp

i read it wrong
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

AL

WC Qualifying Round

#4E Tampa
#4W Texas

ALDS

#1 Boston
#4 TBD

#2 Oakland
#3 Detroit

NL

WILD CARD

#4A Pittsburgh
#4B Cincinnati

NLDS
#1. St.Louis
#4 TBD

#2 Braves
#3 Dodgers

wait, im confused. If Cleveland has the better record, why do they have to face Tampa for the qualifier game? Shouldn't the two 91 win team, tampa and texas, play each other AND THEN the winner plays Cleveland?

I'm confused too but after reading more into this, its the winner of the qualifying round.

Texas vs. Tampa

Winner plays Cleveland.

At first I thought the loser has to play Texas but now it makes sense. Originally it was Cleveland vs. Tampa with the loser playing Texas.

AL

WC Qualifying Round

#4E Tampa
#4W Texas

ALDS

#1 Boston
#4 TBD

#2 Oakland
#3 Detroit

NL

WILD CARD

#4A Pittsburgh
#4B Cincinnati

NLDS
#1. St.Louis
#4 TBD

#2 Braves
#3 Dodgers

wait, im confused. If Cleveland has the better record, why do they have to face Tampa for the qualifier game? Shouldn't the two 91 win team, tampa and texas, play each other AND THEN the winner plays Cleveland?

I'm confused too but after reading more into this, its the winner of the qualifying round.

Texas vs. Tampa

Winner plays Cleveland.

At first I thought the loser has to play Texas but now it makes sense. Originally it was Cleveland vs. Tampa with the loser playing Texas.

I guess Cleveland had to lose for that scenario to happen.

Texas vs. Tampa

Winner plays Cleveland.

I guess I watch the playoffs to see the dodgers lose. I have to admit, the moment when the A's and dodgers are eliminated, I will lose interest.

Texas vs. Tampa

Winner plays Cleveland.

I guess I watch the playoffs to see the dodgers lose. I have to admit, the moment when the A's and dodgers are eliminated, I will lose interest.

I doubt versus the Braves.
Originally posted by captveg:
Cool, the equivalent of 3 elimnation games this year. :)

Worst fears have been answered.

Why? I think its great. Dont want to play in those games? Then win your division.

Why? I think its great. Dont want to play in those games? Then win your division.

I guess they didn't think it was going to happen in that scenario.

Why even have a wild card then? If youre going to force them to give up any home field possibility, AND burn their ace, youre basically just handing a limping team over to the 1 seed.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Why even have a wild card then? If youre going to force them to give up any home field possibility, AND burn their ace, youre basically just handing a limping team over to the 1 seed.

And if Tampa wins this Wild Card tiebreaker (or Game 163), they will be using their #3 (Cobb) in the Wild Card game. Therefore they may have to use their #4 starter in the ALDS unless Moore can pitch under short rest.
What may be a difference in this wild card qualifying game, the Rangers activate Nelson Cruz from the suspended list. We'll see if he will become a factor.

AL WILD CARD QUALIFYING ROUND SUB-THREAD

Tampa Bay Rays vs. Texas Rangers.

[ Edited by robniner on Sep 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Rays strike first but could have been more.
Originally posted by Niners99:

And if Tampa wins this Wild Card tiebreaker (or Game 163), they will be using their #3 (Cobb) in the Wild Card game. Therefore they may have to use their #4 starter in the ALDS unless Moore can pitch under short rest.

Then win your division if you want the post-season to be easier.
Evan Longoria bombs one out to add to the Rays lead.
Kinsler cuts Rangers deficit to 3-1.
Share 49ersWebzone