LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
well...gotta win tomorrow

Darkhorse strikes!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I like the Braves a lot more when they are on the road. No fricking chop BS. GO Braves and BEAT LA

You catch that article why Giants fans need to cheer for the Dodgers?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
of course im a Wacha fan, but no clue how he is starting over Miller tomorrow

I would have started them both in this series and put Lynn in the pen. The rooks were both great this year.
Both starters in Game 3 (Atl/L.A.) pitched bad today.

I knew this was going to be an interesting matchup.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I would have started them both in this series and put Lynn in the pen. The rooks were both great this year.

Matheny had to fit Lynn in some how. He was great at home and awful on the road. I believe his plan was to do Wainwright/Lynn/Kelly/Wacha/Wainwright and use Miller as long relief. I still believe the nation is going to see how good Wacha really is tomorrow. Kid has incredible stuff. Our other top pitching prospect is ready as well. Cards win tomorrow and Waino finishes it off in STL.

Matheny had to fit Lynn in some how. He was great at home and awful on the road. I believe his plan was to do Wainwright/Lynn/Kelly/Wacha/Wainwright and use Miller as long relief. I still believe the nation is going to see how good Wacha really is tomorrow. Kid has incredible stuff. Our other top pitching prospect is ready as well. Cards win tomorrow and Waino finishes it off in STL.

No he didnt. He could have used Wainwright, Kelly, Wacha, and Miller and Lynn could have come out of the pen. Lynn is not someone I would want starting game 2 of any series.
so annoyed that the A's game is at 10:00 am tomorrow

No he didnt. He could have used Wainwright, Kelly, Wacha, and Miller and Lynn could have come out of the pen. Lynn is not someone I would want starting game 2 of any series.

Would not have Wacha starting a game
Originally posted by robniner:

Because he has been bad? Or were you not impressed by his near no hitter, 65 Ks in 64 innings, or a 2.78 era? Or, maybe you just dont think a young kid can pitch in a big game. Ask Sonny Gray about that. Wacha and Miller should have been in the rotation.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Because he has been bad? Or were you not impressed by his near no hitter, 65 Ks in 64 innings, or a 2.78 era? Or, maybe you just dont think a young kid can pitch in a big game. Ask Sonny Gray about that. Wacha and Miller should have been in the rotation.

The Cards rotation is so deep but I would have had Wainwright, Miller, Lynn and Kelly. Wacha has been a good pitcher but would rather put him in the bullpen for long relief like the Red Sox is doing with their pitching staff. Gray is a special kid and its a story he was elevated to the #2 starter status.

The Cards rotation is so deep but I would have had Wainwright, Miller, Lynn and Kelly. Wacha has been a good pitcher but would rather put him in the bullpen for long relief like the Red Sox is doing with their pitching staff. Gray is a special kid and its a story he was elevated to the #2 starter status.

Well given how poorly in game 2 Lynn pitched I guess that wouldnt have been such a good call. Tell me.. who has Boston put in the bullpen that could have started over Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, or Peavy? The correct answer.. NO ONE.

Rob, do your homework. Knowing baseball is more than just reading MLB Trade Rumors.

Well given how poorly in game 2 Lynn pitched I guess that wouldnt have been such a good call. Tell me.. who has Boston put in the bullpen that could have started over Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, or Peavy? The correct answer.. NO ONE.

Rob, do your homework. Knowing baseball is more than just reading MLB Trade Rumors.

Lynn pitching in Game 2 was a head scratcher; Miller should have started there.

The Sox have Dempster and Doubront in the bullpen and they are starters-that is a smart move by Farrell and deepens their pen in arms: they can pitch in long relief and actually saves the arms of their relief core. If there are weaknesses in their rotation: its Lester (who can struggle at times) and Peavy (ups and downs)

LOL at your last sentence. You better be lucky its not a premium site because that's the kind of info you would find on a pay site.
Either someone will be swept today and lucky to see another day,or,be up 2-1.

The Sox look dangerous. They have depth all over.
Share 49ersWebzone