LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Worried about Allen

Another point.. Farrell is an dumbass. He doesnt hit for the pitcher with one out in the 9th and then pulls the guy after one single in the bottom of the 9th. Napoli rots on the bench. Then he doesnt walk Jay with 2nd and 3rd and one out to load the bases with one out to set up a DP. I have no idea what he was thinking
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Question....why isn't Dempster starting tomorrow for Boston? If there are so many question marks with Buchholz and Doubront was used tonight.
Originally posted by jrg:
Question....why isn't Dempster starting tomorrow for Boston? If there are so many question marks with Buchholz and Doubront was used tonight.

Cause he sucks
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Cause he sucks

Fully healthy though. Is he THAT much worse than Buchholz who struggled to throw earlier?

Cause he sucks

Fully healthy though. Is he THAT much worse than Buchholz who struggled to throw earlier?

I think Id still go Buchholz but they are in big trouble now. Cards should win in 6 now
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Cause he sucks

I think Id still go Buchholz but they are in big trouble now. Cards should win in 6 now

I think they'll win in 5 now. Unless we see the bad Lance Lynn again. Miller is still sitting there waiting if Matheny has to use him.

Buchholz/Lynn (worries about Clay)
Lester/Wainwright

If it goes back to Boston they get Wacha again
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Downtown I go
Honestly I am not a Red Sox fan and it doesnt make that much difference to me. I just hate to see a game end that way on a call like that. This game should have continued. I can see how someone might think it was interference but I dont think it was an obvious call at all.

Anyway, more concerned about the Niners anyway.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Middlebrooks knew he was screwed once that throw got passed him. I'm glad he didn't get away with blatant interference.

Jrg what happened to Shelby Miller? Why is he not in the playoff rotation?
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Sorry...one more...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Hunter Pence ‏@hunterpence1h
Don't think the controversy should be on the umpires here. When you throw the ball away they typically score. That's baseball
Originally posted by Muggins:
Don't think the controversy should be on the umpires here. When you throw the ball away they typically score. That's baseball

Yep. Reality is Farrell made stupid decisions down the stretch, Salty made a bad throw, Middlebrooks should have come off the bag and caught the ball, and the RedSox gave the game away. I didnt like the call but the Red Sox should blame themselves.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Yep. Reality is Farrell made stupid decisions down the stretch, Salty made a bad throw, Middlebrooks should have come off the bag and caught the ball, and the RedSox gave the game away. I didnt like the call but the Red Sox should blame themselves.

Ya, I agree with Pence. Second time this years they have made a poor throw to third. Don't learn. Oh well, sox lost so I am cool. I just don't like seeing a game of any part, especially a World Series game, end in controversy.
I thinks it's highly innacurate to even label this a controversial call. The ump has to make that call; its the right call. Kinda like flagging a blatant PI in the Super Bowl on the last play... Oh, wait...
Share 49ersWebzone