LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
jrg is rooting for the Cards.

hot chick that I play trivia with is rooting for the Sox.

Either way, Facebook is going to be entertaining tonight.

Dude tripped him lol
I don't think it was a bad call
That looked like the right call to me. Middlebrooks definitely tripped him, and did it intentionally. (dunno if that matters)
That looked like the right call to me. Middlebrooks definitely tripped him, and did it intentionally. (dunno if that matters)

Ya, dude lifted his legs up right when the runner was going to run past him. He clearly tripped him it was the right call
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Not the way I wanted to win, but I'll take it
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I disagree. I dont think he did it intentionally at all. He was going after the ball and his legs when up. Kind of like when a WR and a DB get tangled up and no pass interference is called.
well if it is interference, you make the call.

cant hate them on that
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I disagree. I dont think he did it intentionally at all. He was going after the ball and his legs when up. Kind of like when a WR and a DB get tangled up and no pass interference is called.

His legs went up, then went down, then went up again. That's not a natural movement in that situation.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Figures it was Jim Joyce who made the call. One of the worst umps in the game

He made the right call. Watch the last ditch effort pulling his legs back to trip Craig.

Lol ya his legs magically happened to go up perfectly timed while the game winning run in the World Series ran right over him

It was a desperate attempt to save the game and it failed
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Oct 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM ]

His legs went up, then went down, then went up again. That's not a natural movement in that situation.

I dont think that should have been called and have a WS game end that way. The Sox gave the Cards 2 wins on bad throws to 3rd
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Regardless of intention, he is blocking the base path and that is obstruction. You can't trip a player. If it was intentional, he lost his team the game. If not, he still blocked the base path.
Originally posted by jrg:
Figures it was Jim Joyce who made the call. One of the worst umps in the game

He made the right call. Watch the last ditch effort pulling his legs back to trip Craig.

Like I said... you would have been whining like a baby if that had gone against the Cards.
Like I said... you would have been whining like a baby if that had gone against the Cards.

That's just part of being a fan
Share 49ersWebzone