There are 246 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
So is Boston the underdog then? I usually pull for the underdog when I don't really care.
Originally posted by Muggins:
So is Boston the underdog then? I usually pull for the underdog when I don't really care.

I don't think so. They will get the hype, and all the boston bandwagon fans are back out. I hate that.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I don't think so. They will get the hype, and all the boston bandwagon fans are back out. I hate that.

Yeah that is a good point about their fans. I'm an NL guy anyway. It's weird, I don't know who I'm going for until the games start lol.
For the record, I root NL no matter what, unless it's the dodgers. I hate American League baseball, no strategy, DH b******t. I wish they would lose every time.

Has an AL manager ever pulled a double switch
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
For the record, I root NL no matter what, unless it's the dodgers. I hate American League baseball, no strategy, DH b******t. I wish they would lose every time.

Has an AL manager ever pulled a double switch

In the AL, changing the pitcher in the 7th inning is strategy. Lol
If there are weaknesses in the Sox they are they tend to swing at everything which means Wainwright and Wacha may have huge strikeout games. Lester can have control issues; Peavy can be inconsistent; Buchholz has had a not so good postseason.

Do see the Cards winning this thing but let's see how they start out the series and if they can overcome that Fenway magic. The presence of Craig in the lineup should have a positive effect on the lineup.

Yeah that is a good point about their fans. I'm an NL guy anyway. It's weird, I don't know who I'm going for until the games start lol.

Never understood when people say "im an NL guy" if their team is in that league. I freakin HATE the NL outside the Giants. Most are major or minor rivals that ive been seeing play my team for years.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Never understood when people say "im an NL guy" if their team is in that league. I freakin HATE the NL outside the Giants. Most are major or minor rivals that ive been seeing play my team for years.

I guess it's different for me in baseball. It's style of play and managing that I prefer I guess.

I could never root for the Cowboys in the NFL though

I'm the total opposite - I hate seeing pitchers bat and waste opportunities. The DH is 21st century baseball, and losing the double switch is a small price to pay to see guys who bat .088 on the year flail at pitches. Pitchers don't bat in any high school or college, or in the vast majority of minor leagues, so asking them to do so in the majors is just archaic.

All that being said, I usually pull for the team that has gone longest without winning a championship when my team is out of it, but 2007 and 2011 is so recent that I've got other motivations: I'd like the Red Sox' Johnny Gomes to get a ring.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Is it Wednesday yet?

Originally posted by robniner:
If there are weaknesses in the Sox they are they tend to swing at everything which means Wainwright and Wacha may have huge strikeout games. Lester can have control issues; Peavy can be inconsistent; Buchholz has had a not so good postseason.

Do see the Cards winning this thing but let's see how they start out the series and if they can overcome that Fenway magic. The presence of Craig in the lineup should have a positive effect on the lineup.

LOL Wrong again. The Red Sox dont swing at everything. In fact, they are the most patient team in baseball.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130812&content_id=56742300&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
I would say I root for the NL 60% of the time. This year I will root for the Red Sox because I am sick of the Cards and their fans. Fk St Louis.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Guy the Red Sox are using in Game 1 wasn't too much better this year than the guy the Cardinals don't wanna use

He'll be facing...

Should be interesting...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL Wrong again. The Red Sox dont swing at everything. In fact, they are the most patient team in baseball.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130812&content_id=56742300&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Sweet article from August you damn clown. You must have Googled "Red Sox patience" Apparently 8th most K's = "most patient team in baseball"

Red Sox finished with the 8th most strikeouts of any team in 2013. 198 more than the Cardinals.

link
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Sweet article from August you damn clown. You must have Googled "Red Sox patience" Apparently 8th most K's = "most patient team in baseball"

Red Sox finished with the 8th most strikeouts of any team in 2013. 198 more than the Cardinals.

link

Look at the OB% dude. The Red Sox LED THE MAJORS with a .349 team OB%. Strikeouts dont mean anything in this regard, because called 3rd strikes and swinging 3rd strikes are rolled into one total.
Share 49ersWebzone