• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How did Bud treat you tonight?

HA! NOT DONE YET! after 1:30am (closing time in MO)

bout to head back out
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tommy Lasorda

• jrg
  • Veteran
Wacha was picked 19th overall (compensation pick for losing Pujols)...just ahead of the Dodgers who picked 18th

bout to head back out

WTF

No bars or clubs till 3 or 4?

Now news of Allen Craig coming back for the Classic makes this team dangerous.
Cards getting Allen Craig back to DH possibly. Was facing a simulated game and may get some at-bats down in Florida.

Huge boost after winning the NL pennant.
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

bout to head back out

WTF

No bars or clubs till 3 or 4?

Now news of Allen Craig coming back for the Classic makes this team dangerous.

Different rules for different areas within STL.

Yep. Craig is back now.

Good luck AL. You're lucky STL doesn't have Carpenter, Furcal, Motte, etc
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Good s**t. f**k the dodgers.

2004 is about to happen all over again.

Glad the Dodgers got knocked out. I can exhale now. That was a little too close for comfort...25 years and counting since the Dodgers last won a WS, or even a pennant!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Glad the Dodgers got knocked out. I can exhale now. That was a little too close for comfort...25 years and counting since the Dodgers last won a WS, or even a pennant!

Payback is a b***h.

Payback is a b***h.

I would be nervous if I was a Cards fan. That Fenway magic is no joke. They might not have it, but if they do, its a wave of momentum thats almost impossible to overcome. Obviously you know first hand from 2004. They came back on the Yankees from down 0-3, and they were going to steamroll whoever they played after that.

Obviously they have to win their series first, but I doubt it even goes 7. If you guys play the Tigers, you can go ahead and order the title gear before first pitch.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Payback is a b***h.

I would be nervous if I was a Cards fan. That Fenway magic is no joke. They might not have it, but if they do, its a wave of momentum thats almost impossible to overcome. Obviously you know first hand from 2004. They came back on the Yankees from down 0-3, and they were going to steamroll whoever they played after that.

Obviously they have to win their series first, but I doubt it even goes 7. If you guys play the Tigers, you can go ahead and order the title gear before first pitch.

Ha! What?! We want the Red Sox. Already dealt with Kershaw and Greinke...now Scherzer and Verlander? Nah...I'd rather take the Sox. It isn't 2004. They aren't on their crazy streak through the playoffs like they were before. I'm extremely confident regardless, but I'd prefer the Red Sox.

AL team is going to face Wainwright AND Wacha to start...then it is coming back to St. Louis.

Payback is a b***h.

Ha! What?! We want the Red Sox. Already dealt with Kershaw and Greinke...now Scherzer and Verlander? Nah...I'd rather take the Sox. It isn't 2004. They aren't on their crazy streak through the playoffs like they were before. I'm extremely confident regardless, but I'd prefer the Red Sox.

AL team is going to face Wainwright AND Wacha to start...then it is coming back to St. Louis.

The Tigers come up small in big situations, which is why they wont be going to the WS this year. Big names dont win titles, momentum does. Boston just has that momentum factor, that if they can spark it, its all over.
Share 49ersWebzone