10/12 @ Utah Alex Smiths

10/19 vs. UCLA Bruins

10/26 @ Oregon State Beavers

11/2 BYE

11/7 vs. Oregon Ducks

11/16 @ USC Douches

11/23 vs. CAL Golden Bears

11/30 vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

12/7 PAC 12 Championship Game: Stanford vs.
Didn't even punt, lol.

Side note I go to about 3-4 games a year and it's been awhile since I've seen Stanford stadium so packed.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Didn't even punt, lol.

Side note I go to about 3-4 games a year and it's been awhile since I've seen Stanford stadium so packed.

So packed but so quiet
You made a typo on the December 7th game.
Wow.

Don't let these guys think they have a chance or anything.
Wtf was that Hogan
  • Jiks
Army 57 Stanford 21
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Army 57 Stanford 21

Ya no s**t

Army is up for this game no doubt
Gaffney
  • Jiks
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Army 57 Stanford 21

Ya no s**t

Army is up for this game no doubt

Welp its over.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
man, hogan has a weak arm.
Originally posted by xcfan:
man, hogan has a weak arm.

He's no Andrew Luck that's for sure.
We coming for you guys!!!

I expect us to lose. Stanford 27 - ASU 21

It will be a good test for Hogan, my only hope of winning is if Hogan struggles
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Stanford wasn't very impressive against Army, although it was an early game (noon) on the east coast so that probably played into it.

ASU had to come back and squeaked by a good Wisconsin team, although if it weren't for that weird final sequence then W has a good shot at winning with a FG.

Should be a good game, Stanford better not look overlook ASU. It is good to see a good number of Pac-12 teams in the Top 25, I think it's currently five. If Stanford does win a good, close game, then I think ASU might not fall out of Top 25, and even if they did they should get back in pretty quick.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Stanford wasn't very impressive against Army, although it was an early game (noon) on the east coast so that probably played into it.

ASU had to come back and squeaked by a good Wisconsin team, although if it weren't for that weird final sequence then W has a good shot at winning with a FG.

Should be a good game, Stanford better not look overlook ASU. It is good to see a good number of Pac-12 teams in the Top 25, I think it's currently five. If Stanford does win a good, close game, then I think ASU might not fall out of Top 25, and even if they did they should get back in pretty quick.

On the Wisconsin game, regardless of the outcome ASU outplayed Wisconsin. Wisconsin's offense had one player we couldn't deal with, that was RB Melvin Gordon. That guys is like 225lbs with 4.4 speed, and his damage was run plays to the outside. Otherwise our D-Line dominated a Wisconsin O-Line. I think that bodes well for our D against Stanford BUT our D was able to do that because we avoided Wisconsin wearing them down by controlling the ball.

We don't have much depth in our front 7. We basically have DT/DE Sutton and OLB/DE Bradford, some average players as starters at other positions and freshman that aren't ready behind them.

We were CB run-blitzing Wisconsin all night, I expect that to continue. Our CBs are above average, safeties I'd say are average. Our "great pass D" is all about Sutton/Bradford getting to the QB fast.

Stanford will score and have success on the ground, I don't doubt that.

Our offense is all about assignment football. We do 5-6 yards per a play in a fast hurry up trying to mentally exhaust the other team into a blown assignment. Skill wise we are no match for most schools. Our only WR is Jaelen Strong, a sophomore, who is 6-4 and great on the jump ball. Otherwise our WRs are a nightmare, TE Coyle was dropping balls and as long as you guys play assignment he will be a non-factor. RB DJ Foster is our 2nd best receiver when he lines up in the slot, not a gamebreaker though IMO, just a great routerunner. RB Marion Grice is our best weapon, amazing vision for a runner, deceptive speed, smart player.

Offensive line is average, we cover up our weaknesses by constantly moving the pocket. I think your D could make us pay when we move the pocket (We love moving the pocket and having Kelly throw on the scramble). Passing wise, we won't do much deep unless you guys blow an assignment, we are 90% an east-west type offense going for small gains and hoping for mistakes.

I think our offense vs. your defense, we will score 20 points give or take 7. A bad game we score like 13, a great game we score like 27.

One last note, our special teams is and always will be a nightmare, its a staple of ASU football .
Share 49ersWebzone