There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PAC 12 Champion Stanford Cardinal Football Thread

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Many Cal grads in my Easy Bay family lineage (great uncle played for Cal in the '30s). I detest Elway more than any CFB player ever and "the band is out on the field" is one of the most joyous announcements ever, ripping away Smell-way's last chance at a Rose Bowl appearance. (Ah, that never gets old.). I loved when Harbaugh came to town and whupped the University of Spoiled Children, though, and I've seen my Irish, 1/2-a dozen times over the years, battle @ Stanford.




PS- outside of usc, I always root for the PAC in BCS games.











Gooooooo Stanford!!!!
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Many Cal grads in my Easy Bay family lineage (great uncle played for Cal in the '30s). I detest Elway more than any CFB player ever and "the band is out on the field" is one of the most joyous announcements ever, ripping away Smell-way's last chance at a Rose Bowl appearance. (Ah, that never gets old.). I loved when Harbaugh came to town and whupped the University of Spoiled Children, though, and I've seen my Irish, 1/2-a dozen times over the years, battle @ Stanford.




PS- outside of usc, I always root for the PAC in BCS games.

Lol I probably hate Elway more than you do. You don't gotta hate on Stanford though. I don't hate on ND. [sad] your Cal affiliation makes sense as to why tho....
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
I was optimistic coming into this game, but I knew it was over in the first half as soon as Stanford was playing their game. It was seriously 3.5 yards a play for the Cards, which is just enough to get the first down on every 3rd down attempt. That is football torture for the opposing team when Stanford is able to pull that s**t off.

It was also just one of those games where nothing went our way... that DAT fumble at the goal line was the play of the game.

I still think Hogan is a piece of s**t though. I understand he didn't need to throw at all, but I've seen enough of him this year to know that he isn't very good. He got bailed out on that INT, which was one of the worst throws I've ever seen. I felt like a high school freshman watching the JV quarterback try to throw a deep ball. That was also a horrible PI call, but those are the kinds of calls you get with the Pac-12 refs.

But hey, thanks Stanford for screwing the Pac-12 out of having a representative in the National Championship again!
Ya not overly impressed with Hogan. They try to make him into a Luck clone but he can't throw for s**t.
That Int he got bailed out on almost looked like a Shaun Hill tipped pass
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ya not overly impressed with Hogan. They try to make him into a Luck clone but he can't throw for s**t.

Yeah, that duck he threw early in the game was pathetic. Lucky the pick was overturned because of PI. Even Shaun Hill thought it came down like a punt.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ya not overly impressed with Hogan. They try to make him into a Luck clone but he can't throw for s**t.

Yeah, that duck he threw early in the game was pathetic. Lucky the pick was overturned because of PI. Even Shaun Hill thought it came down like a punt.

I swore that f**ker was tipped lol
All you guys hating on Hogan but he made some throws and collected at least 4 1st downs with his legs. Movin doz chains. I mean damn he's probably the best you guys got so you can't be picky. They can't all be Luck calibre. Keller Chryst supposed to be da bomb tho.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:









Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:








Yea wtf was with DAT? 40 Points and then he's smiling while his team is at its lowest. s**tty as fuu.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yea wtf was with DAT? 40 Points and then he's smiling while his team is at its lowest. s**tty as fuu.

His fumble at the goal line was the play of the game, IMO. 14-7 is pretty much a whole new ball game. He's disappointed me this year.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,855
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by Garcia:

f*ggot
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,855
Originally posted by teeohh:
f*ggot

is this directed towards me?