LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

Stanford Cardinal Football Thread

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Gardner is so full of HEART!! I hope he makes it in the NFL. Stanford just needs to pep up their pass game a little to go with this BEST DEFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL and they'll for sure make a BCS bowl!!

Bama defense is better but I love Stanford D. s**t they could be playing for a Natl championship. Their lines are top 5. They could carry then undefeated I wanted to say this preseason but I didn't have the balls.

Carl Bradford is singlehandedly wrecking.Stanford oline tho
Jaelen Strong is a one man army.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Stanford has one hell of a team right now, their D is stacked.

Game went as I expected, although our "comeback" surprised me.

I actually hate our OC, I can't stand his play calls and design of an offense. Its too much gimmicks that won't work on good teams. I like our Defensive game plan though, we just don't have the D-Line yet to make it work against a team like Stanford. We have a few great players on D but no depth which is what we really need.

Offense was way better in the 2nd half because we ran more of a "traditional" offense and started forcing the ball to our best player(s) (Jaelen Strong).

In the end, I knew our team had no business beating a top 5 team on the road. We are a #20-#30 caliber team.

Most troubling though was our O-Line got MURDERED, I hope this doesn't happen the rest of the season
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Stanford has one hell of a team right now, their D is stacked.

Game went as I expected, although our "comeback" surprised me.

I actually hate our OC, I can't stand his play calls and design of an offense. Its too much gimmicks that won't work on good teams. I like our Defensive game plan though, we just don't have the D-Line yet to make it work against a team like Stanford. We have a few great players on D but no depth which is what we really need.

Offense was way better in the 2nd half because we ran more of a "traditional" offense and started forcing the ball to our best player(s) (Jaelen Strong).

In the end, I knew our team had no business beating a top 5 team on the road. We are a #20-#30 caliber team.

Most troubling though was our O-Line got MURDERED, I hope this doesn't happen the rest of the season

That was one of the worst examples of playing-to-not-lose I've seen in quite a while...Shaw was trying to run out the clock at the start of the 4th qtr, all the while ASU kept scoring TDs. Should've never got as close as it did.

But ASU is a good team, and I thought they might stay in the Top 25. Out of their next 4 games, 3 are vs USC, Notre Dame, and Washington. But are all at ASU and I think they've got a decent shot to win them all or no worse than 3-1.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
That was one of the worst examples of playing-to-not-lose I've seen in quite a while...Shaw was trying to run out the clock at the start of the 4th qtr, all the while ASU kept scoring TDs. Should've never got as close as it did.

But ASU is a good team, and I thought they might stay in the Top 25. Out of their next 4 games, 3 are vs USC, Notre Dame, and Washington. But are all at ASU and I think they've got a decent shot to win them all or no worse than 3-1.

totally agree.
offense clicking
stanford just kilt two guys on the same int return
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol that QB got f**ked up.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Both QBs got knocked out now.
wsu is getting flattened

Stanford vs. Alabama Nat'l Title Game
Huskies are killing themselves with penalties and they suck on 3rd down.
Montgomery is killing it
Keith Price is a heckuva player
How he not turn that up. He went outside and got caught when he had 5 yards in front of him for free.
Share 49ersWebzone