LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Stanford Cardinal Football Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 190836:
Stanford is way to conservative. You can't win games playing like this.

They have been winning games with this approach for years . Field position has played a big part in the play calls but the call on 4th and 3 was awful.

Are they winning the game right now? Their ultra conservative BS play calling is killing them right now.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

They have been winning games with this approach for years . Field position has played a big part in the play calls but the call on 4th and 3 was awful.

Are they winning the game right now? Their ultra conservative BS play calling is killing them right now.

Did I say they were? I'm just saying that their conservative approach has gotten them into 4 straight BCS games. They are not a pass crazy team.
  • Veteran

Did I say they were? I'm just saying that their conservative approach has gotten them into 4 straight BCS games. They are not a pass crazy team.
Its not working today. Its obvious, isn't it?
The only thing more awesome than that play call was that block!

Its not working today. Its obvious, isn't it?

You said you cant win games playing conservative football. I simply pointed out that Stanford has played this way for years and have been one of the top winning programs in the country. Field position has played a big part of the play calling in this game. Pretty obvious isnt it?
Terrible play-calling by Shaw.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I didnt mind the calls early with the field position but those last 2 play calls were awful. Give Michigan St props though....... they dominated the line of scrimmage today.
Haha wow so bad.. running into a brick wall 1st and 2nd down for the entire 2nd half.
Greg Roman must be calling plays

I didnt mind the calls early with the field position but those last 2 play calls were awful. Give Michigan St props though....... they dominated the line of scrimmage today.

MSU played with a lot more heart and fire than Stanford today, and Shaw's play-calling was atrocious on that last drive.

That s**t was retarded.
  • Veteran
This is how you lose a game, by being to conservative. You must score more than the opponents to win. Its a simple math!!

This. Not sure wtf he was thinking.
That's game. Shaw went full Roman mode LOL!
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM ]
  • Veteran
Shaw = Harbaugh = conservative boring offense.
Share 49ersWebzone