LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
Aman, i'm on Bama so much cuz I think they are still the best team in the country regardless of the loss.

if OSU wins, they're guaranteed to face FSU right? (assuming FSU wins). I mean, no way the SEC winner can jump them in the rankings right?

Its possible that Auburn could but no chance Bama does. Mich St is going to beat Ohio St anyway.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Aman, i'm on Bama so much cuz I think they are still the best team in the country regardless of the loss.

if OSU wins, they're guaranteed to face FSU right? (assuming FSU wins). I mean, no way the SEC winner can jump them in the rankings right?

Its possible that Auburn could but no chance Bama does. Mich St is going to beat Ohio St anyway.

Duke beats FSU
Michigan State beats OSU
Auburn beats Mizzou

BOOM!!! SEC title game

Bama vs Auburn in the NCG and aman goes on suicide watch

Duke beats FSU
Michigan State beats OSU
Auburn beats Mizzou

BOOM!!! SEC title game

Bama vs Auburn in the NCG and aman goes on suicide watch

I didnt know you were into fantasy football
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

At UW, word working its way through the coaches tonight is that Woodward is meeting with Jim Mora. Expect a yes or no soon (prob tomorrow)
Originally posted by Jcool:

At UW, word working its way through the coaches tonight is that Woodward is meeting with Jim Mora. Expect a yes or no soon (prob tomorrow)

I really hope Mora stays at UCLA. His job isnt finished there.

Appalachian State's new logo.

If Mora goes to UW, its going to be such a huge coup for ASU, lolololol

We will dominate the Pac-South with Sark at USC and Mora out of UCLA.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

If Mora goes to UW, its going to be such a huge coup for ASU, lolololol

We will dominate the Pac-South with Sark at USC and Mora out of UCLA.

Why would Mora leave UCLA for UW? Isn't UCLA a little more high profile -- especially given the way he's turned this team around?

I would think that going to UW would be a step down. It isn't?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Why would Mora leave UCLA for UW? Isn't UCLA a little more high profile -- especially given the way he's turned this team around?

When Mora was fired as Atlanta's coach, part of the reason was he said UW was his dream job and he'd leave Atlanta for UW (he is an alum there).

UW also has a lot more money than UCLA and can pay Mora more than UCLA can. Mora gets paid $2million at UCLA and UW could pay him $3million.

Only coaches in the PAC12 that make less than Mora is Mike Riley (Oregon State) and Rich Rodriguez (Arizona).

Think about that, Cal's coach makes more money than Mora. Thats how little UCLA supports the football program.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Per the Univ. of Oregon, Marcus Mariota will return to school next season and not enter the NFL Draft. He'll be my No. 1 prospect for 2015

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Mora sees the Washington job the same way Shaw sees the Stanford job.

Also there is this:

"UCLA has a history of being cheap. Assistant coaches don't get paid enough to live in Southern California. UCLA is notorious for its red tape. New goal posts arrived in 2008 and sat in a storage shed for four months, awaiting paperwork before they could be installed."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ucla-football-jim-mora-steve-sarkisian-20131202,0,6135890.story#ixzz2mS9hiNdt
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Wow ... RT @schadjoe: UCLA announces new 6-year deal for Jim Mora. Bruins step up financially.

Wow ... RT @schadjoe: UCLA announces new 6-year deal for Jim Mora. Bruins step up financially.

Very cool.
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Per the Univ. of Oregon, Marcus Mariota will return to school next season and not enter the NFL Draft. He'll be my No. 1 prospect for 2015

Very cool.

big mistake, Mora will never win the PAC-12 South again
Share 49ersWebzone