LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

Originally posted by eonblue:
Cool. I read that a year ago.I realize you're jealous of the attention the SEC gets but they get it for a reason. Maybe the hype is slightly overblown but that's a product of the media not the conference.

You have to admit they get the hype for a reason. It has 3 coaches that have won national championships and up until 2 years ago it had 4. LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Alabama have all recently won a championship. If the cards fall right Auburn might be in the game too. Georgia and South Carolina are always in the discussion to win the SEC and almost by default get into the NCG. Last year Georgia and South Carolina played the Big10(Nebraska and Michigan) and came out with a W.

I mean what else do you have to do to be considered the strongest conference?

I think it just steps on people toes because they feel like their program is being tossed aside.

That's not what it means at all.

It's hard to deny that top to bottom and resume considered that the SEC has RECENTLY been the strongest conference. That doesn't mean FSU, Oregon, Clemson, Stanford, OSU, Michigan, Okla, Texas, or USC could not meet the SEC on neutral ground and give them the business. Last year Florida and LSU we're beaten by the ACC. Clemson and Louisville gave them the business although Florida beat FSU at the end of that season.

I think people don't like the fact that it's almost been accepted that the strongest team in nation will be in the SEC, and up until this year that has been the case.

I'm glad that the playoffs start next year. Hopefully people will stop complaining when their conference is represented postseason, Honestly it's a better method too. You never know who's going to play their best football when it really counts, and getting the best football is the point. Plus I think the playoffs will increase the chances of the SEC getting in.

lol did you even read the article bro? SEC isn't the best conference. It's a good conference, on par with the Pac-12 and Big 12 in most years, that is overrated bc they are financially in bed with ESPN and CBS.

FYI, I have never said the Big 10 is better than the SEC.
If you want the 2 best teams in football to be in the NCG then it should be FSU and Alabama.

If you want the 2 most deserving teams then it should be FSU and the winner of Auburn/Missouri.

I have a hard time putting OSU in there given that they gave up 41 points to a mediocre Michigan team and played such a weak schedule.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol did you even read the article bro? SEC isn't the best conference. It's a good conference, on par with the Pac-12 and Big 12 in most years, that is overrated bc they are financially in bed with ESPN and CBS.

FYI, I have never said the Big 10 is better than the SEC.

Like I said, I read the article at least a year ago. You must have misinterpreted my post. It was in no way declaring this conference is better than this conference. I said recently the SEC has been the dominant conference therefore the "best conference" title is partially justified. Most unbiased college analysts will tell you the conference top to bottom is the strongest. It consistently puts the most players into the NFL through the draft so obviously it's doing something right.

Yea maybe it would be in CBS/ESPNs best interest that the SEC succeeds. I think personally the analysts are better than that. In fact all of CFB Daily said OSU deserves to get in over Auburn if they win out. Danny Crennel was on sportscenter saying the same thing. I mean ofcourse they're going to have the conversation. The same conversation we're having on this forum. I guess that means the Auburn supports are in bed with CBS.

Personally I think the article is just paranoiac jealousy. This is the way America works. When you don't have something, and somebody else has it you're trying to figure out a way to take it from them. This country punishes success because it's been engrained in most peoples heads that it's bad thing. If you are successful it's because you're a thief or a cheat.

The funny thing is while everyones having a socratic circle type exchange you're just talking about how much you hate the SEC which is really small.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If you want the 2 best teams in football to be in the NCG then it should be FSU and Alabama.

If you want the 2 most deserving teams then it should be FSU and the winner of Auburn/Missouri.

I have a hard time putting OSU in there given that they gave up 41 points to a mediocre Michigan team and played such a weak schedule.

Aren't you an FSU fan?

Aren't you an FSU fan?

I believe the old man is a Stanford fan

Aren't you an FSU fan?

Not at all.
Not at all.

Ah. Sorry. Some of angles you argued made it seem like you were an FSU fan. This is what happens when I start making assumptions.

Originally posted by vrabbit:

Go Trees! My most favorite college stadium in the country.
Not at all.

Ah. Sorry. Some of angles you argued made it seem like you were an FSU fan. This is what happens when I start making assumptions.

well THAT is f**king odd
Not at all.

Rabbit is right about Stanford being my favorite college team. Having said that, I do watch plenty of college FB and just think FSU is an elite team right now. That will change if Winston isnt allowed to play though.
Not at all.

well THAT is f**king odd

Awesome campus but I dont know about the stadium.

Not at all.

well THAT is f**king odd

Awesome campus but I dont know about the stadium.

agreed

Well said.
well THAT is f**king odd

Is it really that odd?

The way it's hidden inside all the trees is really unique. It's not magnificent architecturally speaking but the layout is cool.
well THAT is f**king odd

Is it really that odd?

The way it's hidden inside all the trees is really unique. It's not magnificent architecturally speaking but the layout is cool.

ok I can see that, sort off, at least you were honest on the architecture part of it. The fan base ain't that great either (they don't sell out and stuff, and it's not really an intimidating place to play at)
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Aman, i'm on Bama so much cuz I think they are still the best team in the country regardless of the loss.

if OSU wins, they're guaranteed to face FSU right? (assuming FSU wins). I mean, no way the SEC winner can jump them in the rankings right?
Share 49ersWebzone