There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

Originally posted by sfout:
i hate alabama. that was the best ending ever. a 57 yarder in college from the far harsh no less, is basically unheard of. Why not just go for a hail mary or a hook and ladder? at least you'd have 5 players right next to a guy if he picks it off or you score the game winning TD.

Maybe Saban didn't feel confidant going into OT against that triple option Auburn offense. The kick is good if it's yard to the left. It looks he had been practicing that situation and felt confidant in it. Regardless poor decisions. Saban looks like the grind is getting to him. He's looked very worn down and irritable this season.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Mistake by Saban. Kicking game had been terrible all day. I know you don't expect that but play for OT

Very uncharacteristic of him. Honestly the entire team was poor at some point. McCarron had some arid throws in the 1st and the receivers has 2-3 drops. The defense looked completely confused in the 1st half. Missing tackles and assignments. The kicking game left 12 points on the field.

I hate to make excuses but I don't feel like the better team won this game. I mean this is the type of game Bama plays once a year and Auburn was very lucky in that respect.

Great game by Auburn though. Malzahn has really do something incredible with that team this season, and he should get the coach of the year award. That triple option offense is a like Ferrari on grass. Missouri/SouthCaro will have their hands full.

Admittedly I'm a student of the SEC. I could go homer all day long. I still wouldn't put a 1 loss SEC team in over Ohio St. It may be a weak excuse but I don't think it would be fair to the fans of other conferences to essentially say their teams are second rate to SEC or PAC12. Even if you don't like Ohio St. they have handled every task placed before them so they should get the nod.
Can't wait for the college football playoff. Then we won't have to deal with this question.

Ohio State should get to go to the bowl game over Auburn (assuming they win the SEC championship) but I think it would make for a much better game to have Florida St. go up against either Auburn or 'Bama.
BLACK OUT TIME!!

LETS GO MIZZOU!!!!!
Originally posted by jrg:

That's the craziest ending I've ever seen to a football game.
Originally posted by vaden:
If the SEC title winner only has one loss, I'd vote that team in over Ohio St. Michigan's anemic offense just put up 42 and 600 yards on them.

As much as I hate tOSU you can't use today's defensive performance as a measuring stick of how good they are or are not...Michigan vs tOSU is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports and bad teams have a history of playing their best ball against their most hated rival, especially when there is an added incentive ie. ruining a perfect season and ending any NCG hopes they may have.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
As much as I hate tOSU you can't use today's defensive performance as a measuring stick of how good they are or are not...Michigan vs tOSU is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports and bad teams have a history of playing their best ball against their most hated rival, especially when there is an added incentive ie. ruining a perfect season and ending any NCG hopes they may have.

you know what so funny about this comment is I could copy it and replace the team names with Bama/Auburn. With your rationale Bama would be going to the NCG.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Can't wait for the college football playoff. Then we won't have to deal with this question.

Ohio State should get to go to the bowl game over Auburn (assuming they win the SEC championship) but I think it would make for a much better game to have Florida St. go up against either Auburn or 'Bama.

I agree. Bama/FSU would be more entertaining but maybe OSU with a month to prepare can make it interesting. For some reason I feel it's foolish to just chalk this up as a win for FSU. Will see.

Honestly playoffs could not come any sooner because this system has definitely run its course.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by vaden:
If the SEC title winner only has one loss, I'd vote that team in over Ohio St. Michigan's anemic offense just put up 42 and 600 yards on them.

I'm not using it as the total measuring stick. It's just another data point weakening OSU's case. Take the Michigan rivalry into account, sure, but their defense's poor performance shouldn't just be excused.
you know what so funny about this comment is I could copy it and replace the team names with Bama/Auburn. With your rationale Bama would be going to the NCG.

Actually you couldn't because as I stated, Michigan is a bad (or not a very good) team...tOSU, Bama and Auburn are all good to great football teams depending on ones personal opinion of each.
Originally posted by jrg:

Dude no one knows what this means. If you're going to share emoticons regarding the Mizzou game at least give some context.
Love me some DGB
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I agree. Bama/FSU would be more entertaining but maybe OSU with a month to prepare can make it interesting. For some reason I feel it's foolish to just chalk this up as a win for FSU. Will see.

Honestly playoffs could not come any sooner because this system has definitely run its course.

Even though I wouldn't vote OSU in, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they kept it close or even won. They'll have the psychological advantage of being a big underdog, and the long layoff makes bowl games much harder to predict.

I still think Alabama is one of the 2 best teams, but they'll need OSU or FSU to lose, plus Missouri to lose tonight and then beat Auburn.
'