There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

Originally posted by Antix:
Bama still needs to beat Auburn and the SEC. Don't look too far ahead.

Oh for sure. I was just getting the smack talk started.

Baylor was the only possibility in my mind that could contest for #2. Although it was very very slim chance. That's all I was saying. I never thought Baylor was better.

Bama has their work cut out for them too. It would not be smart to right them in given they're playing a highly ranked Auburn team, and then most likely high octane Missouri team.

Auburn should be a win if Bama plays their game but those Missouri WRs are titans. Very challenging but the Bama defense found their identity against LSU and I believe this will be the best Bama d the country has seen in the Saban era.

Im getting ahead of myself but thats why I think FSU loses to Bama. Their O/D lines are going to be unlike anything FSU has seen this year. They have at least 2 studs at all the skill positions and secondary. So does FSU though but Saban has this down to a science and if you give that guy 2 months to prep for a team he can completely take it apart.

Don't get offended. I do respect FSU and what they're doing. If it does so happen they play each other it's going to be the best game of the year obviously.
How the fvuk does Northern Illinois suddenly jump Fresno State in the BCS standings? Can someone explain this to me?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
How the fvuk does Northern Illinois suddenly jump Fresno State in the BCS standings? Can someone explain this to me?

Computer rankings. In the human polls Fresno is ahead, but the computers average jumped NIU from 12th to 7th (one computer has NIU ranked 3rd) while Fresno went from 16th to 17th.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Computer rankings. In the human polls Fresno is ahead, but the computers average jumped NIU from 12th to 7th (one computer has NIU ranked 3rd) while Fresno went from 16th to 17th.

Yes, but, the computer rankings had Fresno State higher than NIU last week and the week before that. So, what's the big diff for this week? Did NIU knock off someone important? No, they played the same weak-azzed schedule that Fresno State played (hey, even I can admit we're beating up on creampuffs).

I think this is more BCS BS! Foul! I demand an investigation! Bulldogs rule! NIU drools!

This is such BS! Do the pollsters even know where men from Northern Illinois go to chase women? Family Reunions! Don't they know this?
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]

Who has Fresno State beaten? Best OOC win is against Rutgers who is currently 5-5. And that game went to OT with Rutgers on the road....

As a conference the MWC hasn't won one game against a major conference
This is probably the weakest MWC in the past 5 years. That stuff gets factored into the computer rankings.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Who has Fresno State beaten? Best OOC win is against Rutgers who is currently 5-5. And that game went to OT with Rutgers on the road....

This is probably the weakest MWC in the past 5 years. That stuff gets factored into the computer rankings.

Come on.. you dont think Cal Poly, Idaho, and New Mexico are good teams? Seriously though, I think its a joke if either Northern Illinois or Fresno St play in a BCS game with the schedules they play.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Come on.. you dont think Cal Poly, Idaho, and New Mexico are good teams? Seriously though, I think its a joke if either Northern Illinois or Fresno St play in a BCS game with the schedules they play.

They ran a fumblerooski (spelling?) on New Mexico. That is how bad their competition is.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Yes, but, the computer rankings had Fresno State higher than NIU last week and the week before that. So, what's the big diff for this week? Did NIU knock off someone important? No, they played the same weak-azzed schedule that Fresno State played (hey, even I can admit we're beating up on creampuffs).

I think this is more BCS BS! Foul! I demand an investigation! Bulldogs rule! NIU drools!

This is such BS! Do the pollsters even know where men from Northern Illinois go to chase women? Family Reunions! Don't they know this?

No, As I stated NIU was above Fresno last week in the computer rankings, and have been since the official BCS rankings started in week 9.

No, As I stated NIU was above Fresno last week in the computer rankings, and have been since the official BCS rankings started in week 9.

They were? I thought we were ahead. You mean I wuz wrong?

Edit: No KRS, you're wrong. Check your stats. NIU was NOT above Fresno State last week. They jumped four slots this week and passed us.

FOR NO GODDAMNED REASON!
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]

I would have to agree with the MWC weakness statement. Usually, Boise is in there knocking heads. We don't have them this year.

Nope, sorry, you were wrong. I just checked. Northern Illinois moved up four spots this week in the BCS Rankings. They were not ahead of us last week.

AS I MENTIONED IN MY FIRST POST: THIS IS BCS BS! We've been JOBBED!
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]

Rutgers is.actually a good OOC win.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Rutgers is.actually a good OOC win.

You think? Beating Rutgers by 1 point in overtime at home doesnt impress me that much. Espeically when you see that Rutgers lost to Cincinnati 52-17, Houston 49-14, and UCF 41-17. Obviously when they have played a pretty good team they have gotten demolished.
You think? Beating Rutgers by 1 point in overtime at home doesnt impress me that much. Espeically when you see that Rutgers lost to Cincinnati 52-17, Houston 49-14, and UCF 41-17. Obviously when they have played a pretty good team they have gotten demolished.

Rutgers beat Arkansas. Some you seem incredibly critical on OOC wins and thata one feom.the SEC so.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Rutgers beat Arkansas. Some you seem incredibly critical on OOC wins and thata one feom.the SEC so.

LOL Arkansas that is 0-7 in the SEC and has lost 8 in a row? Oh.. and losing those games in the SEC by an average of 24 pts per game. OK.. you win.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]