LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 216 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

• Antix
  • Veteran
Dude, Eon, my man.

FSU will be in the national champsionsip if we win out. Every expert says it and where I usually don't quote experts in sports its kinda important since they vote who goes where in the polls.

FSU has demolished every team its played, has a heisman front runner and is very clearly at least the second best team in the country. The only ones who disagree are Bama fans. They'll play each other and we'll see. Bama might win FSU might win. It'd be a great game and a whole lot better than that Oregon Bama NC game that you were talking bout earlier.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Florida State has just demolished everyone including a 51-14 over the team that was 3rd in the couhttp://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/174398-2013-college-football-thread/page20/#replyntry. There isnt a chance in hell they drop below Baylor if they win out. Baylor should have done a better job of non-conference scheduling. Their first 3 games were against Wofford (WHO?), Buffalo, and UL Monroe.

Baylor has scored at least 70 points against 4 opponents.
#1 O and #7 D.

FSU's OOC schedule?

4-7 Nevada and those 4 win are from UC Davis, Air Force, Hawaii, and San Jose.
1-9 Idaho
9-2 Bethune-Cookman.(WHO?)

Wow. Tough. Bethune-Cookman is going to win the MEAC this year so that OOC win is saying a lot.

Point being quit this "Baylor has a weak OOC schedule" like it's a valid point. If it is indeed a valid point then it works both ways therefore holds 0 weight in the conversation.
Originally posted by Antix:
Dude, Eon, my man.

FSU will be in the national champsionsip if we win out. Every expert says it and where I usually don't quote experts in sports its kinda important since they vote who goes where in the polls.

FSU has demolished every team its played, has a heisman front runner and is very clearly at least the second best team in the country. The only ones who disagree are Bama fans. They'll play each other and we'll see. Bama might win FSU might win. It'd be a great game and a whole lot better than that Oregon Bama NC game that you were talking bout earlier.

You sound pretty confidant. Good for you.

Honestly have you even watched a Baylor game this year? The reason I ask is because most people don't really respect the program, and it's unfortunate because that's a really good Baylor team. I'm just wondering if you're viewing this objectively. The thing is I never said Baylor was a better team. I've enjoyed watching FSU over the past 3 years. All I said was Baylor has a tougher in conference schedule schedule to navigate in order to maintain unbeaten status. But even that is debatable. You're probably right though. Voters clearly place more value in FSUs conference wins, and Clemson is a sig win. If Baylor was still undefeated after their CCG I would send them to the NCG. I'm I wouldn't be the only voter but I would most likely be in the minority. Either way this is the reason 4 team playoffs are an obv.

One things for sure if Bama and FSU do indeed play for the trophy FSU better be ready. The entire Bama season is built on getting to that game. They still have to get past #6 Auburn and #8 Missouri though. Pretty challenging.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Baylor has scored at least 70 points against 4 opponents.
#1 O and #7 D.

FSU's OOC schedule?

4-7 Nevada and those 4 win are from UC Davis, Air Force, Hawaii, and San Jose.
1-9 Idaho
9-2 Bethune-Cookman.(WHO?)

Wow. Tough. Bethune-Cookman is going to win the MEAC this year so that OOC win is saying a lot.

Point being quit this "Baylor has a weak OOC schedule" like it's a valid point. If it is indeed a valid point then it works both ways therefore holds 0 weight in the conversation.

How do you know the Big 12 is any good as a conference? As a conference, who have they played OOC?

And you are excluding Floirda from FSU's OOC
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Bama has pretty much done it for the past 3 years against tougher competition so yea not impressed. Impressive team but the wins are a different story. Honestly after next week if Baylor beats Okla St. I think they take the #2 spot.

If Florida State wins out Baylor will have very little chance at leap frogging them because FSU is tied for 1st in the Computer rankings. I would think FSU needs to struggle in a couple games that end with close margins while Baylor wins out in a lopsided manor for that little chance to happen, and even then...
ESPN's real top 10:

1 and 2. Florida State/Alabama tied
3. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Stanford
6. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
8. Arizona State
9. Auburn
10. Missouri

Pretty accurate if you ask me
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The Georgia Southern Eagles got paid $555K to come play at Florida today, and were more than a four touchdown underdog.

They won, 26-20, without completing a pass.

link
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Smart Football ‏@smartfootball

Texas A&M has 40+ points and 480+ yards of offense in every game this year. Today they have 10 points and 211 yards at the end of the 3Q.
FSU would crush Baylor
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports

UPSET ALERT: No. 5 Oregon falls to Arizona, 42-16. Ka'Deem Carey broke two UofA records: 48-206, 4 TD Mariota: 27-41, 308 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INT

• jrg
  • Veteran
Mizzou/Ole Miss tonight on ESPN
Derek Carr 27/37 527 yards and 7 Tds through 3 quarters
Originally posted by jrg:
The Georgia Southern Eagles got paid $555K to come play at Florida today, and were more than a four touchdown underdog.

They won, 26-20, without completing a pass.

link

I just saw that......mind completely obliterated, not a single yard passing, everything was on the ground, they took it back to the old school, crazy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I just saw that......mind completely obliterated, not a single yard passing, everything was on the ground, they took it back to the old school, crazy.

nothing in college football is surprising
  • jrg
  • Veteran
17-3 Mizzou at half

Man..that South Carolina loss is hurting more and more lately..
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone