There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

I know that the ACC isn't the greatest, but I don't think I've ever seen a team beat the living hell out of everyone else in their league the way that FSU has in a major CFB conference.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,067
Bye week



James Franklin is back next week tho
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Bye week



James Franklin is back next week tho

Mauk has looked pretty good doe
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,067
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Bye week



James Franklin is back next week tho

Mauk has looked pretty good doe

True. Mizzou's receivers has had a lot to do with that. Just huge and super fast.

Mauk is the future, but Franklin fits the offense and makes it dynamic.

Washing and Green-Beckham are so good

[ Edited by jrg on Nov 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
Holy s**t Aaron Murray!
LOLOLOLOLOL
The catch of the decade holds up

  • vaden
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,777
That was fun. Feel bad for Murray, although I think a better angle would've shown his knee hit before he got the ball across the goal line on that last td.

3rd game I've seen in the last 2 weeks with defenders tipping hail mary passes to a wr for a td. Nebraska/NW, Cincy/Baltimore and now this.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,067
WOW
  • vaden
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,777
this baylor/tech game is worth watching just for Gus Johnson's play-by-play
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The catch of the decade holds up


Man, Georgia is having one of those seasons. Cherry on top has never been more appropriate.


Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I know that the ACC isn't the greatest, but I don't think I've ever seen a team beat the living hell out of everyone else in their league the way that FSU has in a major CFB conference.

Bama has pretty much done it for the past 3 years against tougher competition so yea not impressed. Impressive team but the wins are a different story. Honestly after next week if Baylor beats Okla St. I think they take the #2 spot.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The catch of the decade holds up


Man, Georgia is having one of those seasons. Cherry on top has never been more appropriate.


Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I know that the ACC isn't the greatest, but I don't think I've ever seen a team beat the living hell out of everyone else in their league the way that FSU has in a major CFB conference.

Bama has pretty much done it for the past 3 years against tougher competition so yea not impressed. Impressive team but the wins are a different story. Honestly after next week if Baylor beats Okla St. I think they take the #2 spot.

Unless Bama or Florida State loses there is no chance that Baylor will be #2.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Unless Bama or Florida State loses there is no chance that Baylor will be #2.

Will see. I think Baylor has had a much harder in conference schedule. I mean the last half of their schedule makes FSUs look like a joke. FSU wins convincingly but so does Baylor. #1 O and #7 D aint too bad. The FSU D is flashy but even the eye test doesn't set them apart from Baylor. I would vote for Baylor if they were undefeated by the end the season. Out of FSU and OSU they would've navigated the toughest schedule to maintain undefeated status.

That's what it's all about, right?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Unless Bama or Florida State loses there is no chance that Baylor will be #2.

Will see. I think Baylor has had a much harder in conference schedule. I mean the last half of their schedule makes FSUs look like a joke. FSU wins convincingly but so does Baylor. #1 O and #7 D aint too bad. The FSU D is flashy but even the eye test doesn't set them apart from Baylor. I would vote for Baylor if they were undefeated by the end the season. Out of FSU and OSU they would've navigated the toughest schedule to maintain undefeated status.

That's what it's all about, right?

Florida State has just demolished everyone including a 51-14 over the team that was 3rd in the country. There isnt a chance in hell they drop below Baylor if they win out. Baylor should have done a better job of non-conference scheduling. Their first 3 games were against Wofford (WHO?), Buffalo, and UL Monroe.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Will see. I think Baylor has had a much harder in conference schedule. I mean the last half of their schedule makes FSUs look like a joke. FSU wins convincingly but so does Baylor. #1 O and #7 D aint too bad. The FSU D is flashy but even the eye test doesn't set them apart from Baylor. I would vote for Baylor if they were undefeated by the end the season. Out of FSU and OSU they would've navigated the toughest schedule to maintain undefeated status.

That's what it's all about, right?

I think Florida State has the tougher schedule than Baylor.

Who is good in the Big 12? I think its just Baylor and Oklahoma State

Big 12's OOC big games:
Oklahoma State beat Miss St (whose only won 1 game in the SEC)
Texas loses to BYU and Ole Miss and is in 3rd in the Big 12

Big 12, as a conference has one win against a major conference (Okla St over Miss St). Thats pathetic OOC scheduling

No way does the Big 12 deserve a team in the title game. As a conference they should be ashamed of themselves, how do so many teams schedule cupcakes?

The Big 10, SEC, Pac-12, and ACC all have WAYYYY more tough OOC games
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home