There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

• Antix
  • Veteran

I'll take it. Not sure how long it'll last, but at least I know where my team stands for at least the next day or so.
I think Baylor loses @ Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State choked against West Virginia, but they are a pretty good team
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think Baylor loses @ Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State choked against West Virginia, but they are a pretty good team

I've been saying it for a couple of weeks. Baylor is relevant. If you don't put up points early against Baylor your chances of winning Are slim. That offense gets better as it goes. They have athletes at WR and they know how to breakdown coverages. You have to pick your poison though because you can't stack the box because it opens up too much space in the back. Baylors run game will gash you all day. You have to dominate the LOS and I don't think Texas tech or Okla st can do that. I don't think Baylor will play a better dline then Oklahomas so I think things willl get easier from an offensive standpoint. Tech and Okla st may be able to win a shootout but the secondary is so good too. The safeties are great in run support and the CBs manned up all game. Tech has the #1 passing o in college so will see if that's a weakness.
Originally posted by jrg:
Guy is HUGE 6'6" 225lbs

came to play today

4 TDs
Nvm
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Alabama is ridiculously good
Originally posted by 4ML:
Alabama is ridiculously good

I was worried about Cam Cameron/Mettenberger because of all the weapons at their disposal. That was the best half of defense I have ever seen in college especially the last 4 minutes. I doubt there's an offense that will unlock this D. Bamas getting the 3peat.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
UCLA freshman linebacker Miles Jack with a 66 yard td, one of the best runs I've seen all a year. He's leading the team with 120 yards rushing on 6 carries.
Originally posted by vaden:
UCLA freshman linebacker Miles Jack with a 66 yard td, one of the best runs I've seen all a year. He's leading the team with 120 yards rushing on 6 carries.

He plays LB too. He was running sideline to sideline thumping players. He's going to be one of the nations dominant ILBs and a 1st rounder.
Guy is HUGE 6'6" 225lbs

came to play today

4 TDs

Niners need to somehow get this guy. Can't have too many studs from Mizzou. Even Haroman can't screw up how to use a WR like this.
I'm surprised this thread is so quiet. Matchups this week for teams still in the hunt for NCG:

#1 Alabama @ Miss St - I'd be surprised if Miss St gets a TD
#2 FSU vs. Syracuse - 'Cuse has been playing well last 2 weeks but on the road? No way its close
#3 Ohio State @ Illinois - Illinois hasn't won a Big 10 game all year...
#4 Stanford @ USC - Trojans are 4-1 under the new coach and playing MUCH better. I think USC will keep it close.
#5 Baylor vs. Texas Tech (neutral location) - Tech has dropped 3 straight and will continue to lose
#6 Oregon v. Utah - If it were at Utah I'd give them a chance
#7 Auburn v. #25 Georgia - Gurley is back and Georgia's offense will be revived but their terrible D will get eaten up by QB Nick Marshall
#9 Mizzou - on a bye. But if Mizzou wins out they can sneak into the NCG (this would mean they win the SEC).

Most likely to lose this week ranking:
1. Stanford
2. Auburn
3. Baylor
4. Florida State
5. Oregon
6. Alabama
7. Ohio State
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brian Finkel ‏@thefinktank

BREAKING: Jameis Winston being investigated for sexual assault #WOAH

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Sexual assault complaint against Jameis Winston was file December 7, 2012. Why is it just now coming up?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
AP Top 25 ‏@AP_Top25

AP source: Baylor coach Art Briles gets new 10-year deal (@hawkaptexas) #sicem
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268753/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=sFpsGeJc
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Can't find the video highlight yet, but there was this amazing play by Jordan Lynch tonight, a crucial 3rd & 10 where he was going to be sacked for a 10-yard loss, he inexplicably escaped and got the first down:

http://gif.mocksession.com/2013/11/lynch-spin/

[ Edited by vaden on Nov 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by vaden:
Can't find the video highlight yet, but there was this amazing play by Jordan Lynch tonight, a crucial 3rd & 10 where he was going to be sacked for a 10-yard loss, he inexplicably escaped and got the first down:

http://gif.mocksession.com/2013/11/lynch-spin/

Well thats a new break tackle move. Bend over with the guy on top of your back, and as a 2nd player comes in to hit you use his force to spin and throw the guy off your back. Genius.