LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

• Antix
  • Veteran
Forgot to slurp my team in this thread yesterday, but this is how it goes....

FSU is the best team in the counrty and AT WORST number 2. We've beaten the s**t outta everybody and the Miami game was an off game. 2 wins against two top 7 teams by an average of 30 pts is ridiculous. Honestly my vote goes Oregon v FSU in the NCG. I'm hoping that Bama loses because these are the teams I think that are most deserving. However I believe FSU belongs in there above both other teams. I'm homering and I dont give a f**k.

I've been through the dog s**t years of FSU with Rix, Weatherford, Sexton, Lee and a host of other losers I can't even remember. Things got better with Manuel and now Winston is the new FSU legend. This feels as good for me as 2011 did for Niners.

Beating the s**t outta UF will feel awesome.
Originally posted by Antix:

FSU is the best team in the counrty and AT WORST number 2. We've beaten the s**t outta everybody and the Miami game was an off game. 2 wins against two top 7 teams by an average of 30 pts is ridiculous. Honestly my vote goes Oregon v FSU in the NCG. I'm hoping that Bama loses because these are the teams I think that are most deserving. However I believe FSU belongs in there above both other teams. I'm homering and I dont give a f**k.

I've been through the dog s**t years of FSU with Rix, Weatherford, Sexton, Lee and a host of other losers I can't even remember. Things got better with Manuel and now Winston is the new FSU legend. This feels as good for me as 2011 did for Niners.

But how do you feel about FSU?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

But how do you feel about FSU?

See above quoted text for reference.

Too much homer.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Too much homer.

Bama agrees.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Too much homer.

So...

I'm taking it you think somebody is better than FSU?

State your case then. I stated mine.

So...

I'm taking it you think somebody is better than FSU?

State your case then. I stated mine.

To begin with I think on any given Saturday Missouri, Oregon, Stanford, or Baylor could beat FSU. I would put my money on Alabama without even thinking twice.

Yes, FSU has been winning in a very convincing fashion, but scoring 50 on Maryland, Neveda, or Bethune-Cookman isn't saying much.

Do you realize how easy FSU's schedule is?

The SEC eats itself. Georgia, Florida, Bama, Missouri, Texas AM, LSU are all capable of beating each other on the right day. The lower tier conference games have the potential of being a trap because they're so competitive and there's no margin for error.

The PAC12 eats itself. Oregon, Stanford, Oregon St, Washington, ASU, USC are all capable of beating each other. Although this year the degree of separation between Stanford/Oregon and the rest of the PAC is much wider. Regardless Stanfords loss to Utah showed how easily lesser program in conference can steal a win.

The Big 12 eats itself.Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, Okla St., Texas Tech are all capable of beating each other. If you want to talk about blowout wins Baylor has been averaging 70 points of game, and BTW their remaining schedule is Okla 10, Okla St. 14, Texas Tech 25, TCU, Texas, and then the BIG10CG. Baylors schedule is monumentally harder than FSU therefore is more indicative of a high ranking.

FSU gets top teir recruiting classes and then faces bottom rung opponents.

Sure. Miami and Clemson are ranked but those are not signature wins IMO. Both teams had glaring weaknesses that any top tier could exploit. When FSU wasn't playing Miami or Clemson they were playing nobodies. They will continue to play nobodies till the ACCCG. Baylor, Oregon, and Alabama have had exponentially harder roads to travel and while I wouldn't deny FSU if they were one of two undefeated team I wouldn't vote them in ahead of undefeated Oregon, Baylor, or Alabama.

Now let me clarify something. I think FSU is a great team. They're a good team at every phase, but I've watched Oregon, Baylor, and Alabama perform at the highest level at every phase week in and week out all year though against tougher competition. If Oregon and Bama go undefeated I highly doubt anyone is going to say that FSU is more deserving.
Lol Oregon and Bama more than deserve to be in the Natty if they both win out, and that's how it's going to work out.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Oregon vs Bama would be fun to watch but it would also be cool to see Bama lose a game and miss out on the ncg
Originally posted by teeohh:
Oregon vs Bama would be fun to watch but it would also be cool to see Bama lose a game and miss out on the ncg

I want the 3 peat. People keep waiting on Bama to fall off but in alot of ways Bama is stronger than last year. And let me tell you Bama has a defense full of 5 stars returning next year. Not to mention this year they landed the #1 player in the country who is a LT and they also landed a 5* guard, 2 4* tackles, and 4* center. If you think Warmack and Fluker were good hold your breath because Bama is brewing the beat.college oline ever.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Lol Oregon and Bama more than deserve to be in the Natty if they both win out, and that's how it's going to work out.

Coming from a duck fan this comment hurts my case. :p

Jk. I hope our teams get to meet. The country deserves this match.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Pac 12 and SEC bias comin through strong...

I don't understand how @Clemson by 40 points in arguably the most hostile environment in the country is NOT a signature win. I'll give you that Miami isn't a great win but it's still a very good one and if it wasn't for Winston INTs it coulda been a shut out. But you gotta be kidding me on the Clemson game not being a signature win. I'm guessing if 3 Oregon beats 5 Stanford (who lost to an unranked Utah) by 40 it's a signature win, but when FSU beats 3 Clemson (who was undefeated, had beaten Georgia when Georgia was healthy in what was considered a huge win at the time) in dominating fashion on the road in Death Valley it doesn't count?

I understand the ACC isn't the greatest of conferences, but I'm not sure how you can make that case.

When it comes down to it, I understand if all three teams win out FSU won't make it. However, I do still believe FSU would beat all the teams you mentioned. You wanna talk about FSU's schedule to this point? Go take a look at who Baylor has played. They haven't played the meat of their schedule yet. Misou beat Georgia but thats about it and lost to SC. Stanford lost to Utah and is probably about to lose to Oregon. I'll give you Oregon but I said that in my original post (but even they haven't beaten a top 10 team yet).

The feeling I get from most people is the general theme of your post. FSU is a great team, but they "haven't played anybody" and would lose to any top 10 non conference team. I do not agree but unfortunately I probably won't find out for sure. All I know is they've dominated everybody they've played in all 3 phases and have athletes all over the field that would compete with anybody in the nation.

Also, this is a rebuilding year.
Pac 12 and SEC bias comin through strong...

I don't understand how @Clemson by 40 points in arguably the most hostile environment in the country is NOT a signature win. I'll give you that Miami isn't a great win but it's still a very good one and if it wasn't for Winston INTs it coulda been a shut out. But you gotta be kidding me on the Clemson game not being a signature win. I'm guessing if 3 Oregon beats 5 Stanford (who lost to an unranked Utah) by 40 it's a signature win, but when FSU beats 3 Clemson (who was undefeated, had beaten Georgia when Georgia was healthy in what was considered a huge win at the time) in dominating fashion on the road in Death Valley it doesn't count?

I understand the ACC isn't the greatest of conferences, but I'm not sure how you can make that case.

When it comes down to it, I understand if all three teams win out FSU won't make it. However, I do still believe FSU would beat all the teams you mentioned. You wanna talk about FSU's schedule to this point? Go take a look at who Baylor has played. They haven't played the meat of their schedule yet. Misou beat Georgia but thats about it and lost to SC. Stanford lost to Utah and is probably about to lose to Oregon. I'll give you Oregon but I said that in my original post (but even they haven't beaten a top 10 team yet).

The feeling I get from most people is the general theme of your post. FSU is a great team, but they "haven't played anybody" and would lose to any top 10 non conference team. I do not agree but unfortunately I probably won't find out for sure. All I know is they've dominated everybody they've played in all 3 phases and have athletes all over the field that would compete with anybody in the nation.

Also, this is a rebuilding year.

Lol what college team isn't rebuilding?

It must be pretty lean to return 4/5ths your Oline; replace your QB with a 5*; and cycle a top 5 class over the past 5 years.

The Clemson win wasn't impressive. It's funny you cry bias but then use Georgia as an affirmation of Clemsons strength.

To be honest I don't even care to change you're mind.

FSU is good.

If Baylor wins out their better.

If Oregon wins out their the best.

And the entire country is waiting on Bama to lose.

You can say FSU can beat the Patriots but it's all hyperbole until bowl season.

I would say goodluck but with that schedule FSU doesn't need it.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Awesome game tonight, been looking forward to it the last couple days.

Anyway Go Cardinal! (no offense to Ducks fans, it's business, not personal)
Tooooo muuuuch spoooooortsss!!!

Okla v Baylor
Vikes v Skins
Stanford v Ducks
Rockets(Dwight's return) v Lakers
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone