There are 302 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

This all but assures that if Alabama-Oregon win out, that'll be the championship matchup. Ducks still have a No. 5 Stanford, Oregon State and potentially UCLA again. FSU doesn't play anyone after Miami (unless a 3-loss Florida can sneak into the rankings.)
Undefeated Fresno State up to #16 in the BCS

Anyone else notice the 3 top 10 matchups in the next 10 days?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Anyone else notice the 3 top 10 matchups in the next 10 days?

oregon-stanford, FSU-Miami and who?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
This all but assures that if Alabama-Oregon win out, that'll be the championship matchup. Ducks still have a No. 5 Stanford, Oregon State and potentially UCLA again. FSU doesn't play anyone after Miami (unless a 3-loss Florida can sneak into the rankings.)

IF Oregon and Alabama are undefeated, IMO no brainer for the title game matchup.

More likely IMO is one of them loses a game, and FSU or Ohio State sneaks in.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

IF Oregon and Alabama are undefeated, IMO no brainer for the title game matchup.

Yeah who knows... but I will feel pretty darn confident that we'll run the table if we get past Stanford.
Yeah who knows... but I will feel pretty darn confident that we'll run the table if we get past Stanford.

on paper, yes.

Okla-Baylor.

Who does Bama lose to?

Their only remotely challenging opponent will be LSU week 11, and Auburn week 12. Neither of those teams will be able to break Bamas defense, and their offense is starting to roll. Maybe the SECCG against Mizzou, but Bama is set up to beat a team like Mizzou, and I just don't see Bama falling apart that close to the big game.

IMO the most likely teams lose are:

Oregon vs Stanford.

Or FSU vs Miami/Florida/AACCG. I don't see them losing though.

Or Ohio St. vs Michigan/B10CG.

My prediction; Bama vs Oregon
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]

Okla-Baylor.

Who does Bama lose to?

Their only remotely challenging opponent will be LSU week 11, and Auburn week 12. Neither of those teams will be able to break Bamas defense, and their offense is starting to roll. Maybe the SECCG against Mizzou, but Bama is set up to beat a team like Mizzou, and I just don't see Bama falling apart that close to the big game.

Oregon vs Stanford.

my prediction: Ohio State vs. Florida State

nah just kidding, I think it will actually be Alabama v. Ohio State. FSU and Oregon each have 1 loss, controversy about the Buckeyes getting in over them.

My personal rankings on top 20 based on who I think the best teams are:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. Mizzou w/ a healthy Franklin
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. LSU
8. Ohio State
9. Auburn
10. Miami
11. Baylor
12. Wisconsin
13. Texas A&M
14. South Carolina
15. UCF
16. Michigan
17. Oklahoma
18. UCLA
19. Louisville
20. ASU

nah just kidding, I think it will actually be Alabama v. Ohio State. FSU and Oregon each have 1 loss, controversy about the Buckeyes getting in over them.

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. LSU
8. Ohio State
9. Auburn
10. Miami
11. Baylor
12. Wisconsin
13. Texas A&M
14. South Carolina
15. UCF
16. Michigan
17. Oklahoma
18. UCLA
19. Louisville
20. ASU

So the Ducks lose to Stanford or ASU(PAC12CG)? Honestly, I was going to make an argument for that, but my gut tells me this is their year.

IMO Stanford is a better team then they were last year. They turned over their defense from last year, and that D with another year of prep should be frightening for any Oregon fan. I watched the Stanford vs Oregon St. game; that Stanford front 7 was primed. The Stanford offense turned it over 3-4 times vs Oregon st., and that is simply unacceptable vs Oregon.
So the Ducks lose to Stanford or ASU(PAC12CG)? Honestly, I was going to make an argument for that, but my gut tells me this is their year.

IMO Stanford is a better team then they were last year. They turned over their defense from last year, and that D with another year of prep should be frightening for any Oregon fan. I watched the Stanford vs Oregon St. game; that Stanford front 7 was primed. The Stanford offense turned it over 3-4 times vs Oregon st., and that is simply unacceptable vs Oregon.

Yeah obviously that front-7 scares the s**t out of me, but Stanford has been more sloppy than usual lately. That game vs. Oregon State was very close to going to overtime. And more importantly, Stanford's offense does not scare me one bit. Yes, their line is massive and Gaffney has been winning me over a little more each week, but I think Hogan is incredibly overrated. Quite frankly, I think he's garbage. The only thing I've seen him do well in his two years is throw on the run, but that's all I'll give him. Outside of that, he's inaccurate, has little arm strength and has a pretty slow release. He'll pretty much be a non-factor against the Ducks' secondary.

Let's hope we learned something from last year and get the short passing game going like Utah did. They gave us a blueprint to move the ball on Stanford's defense, and Huff/Addison are both having great years.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Oct 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame

Okla-Baylor.

Who does Bama lose to?

Oregon vs Stanford.

Bama wins.

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. LSU
8. Ohio State
9. Auburn
10. Miami
11. Baylor
12. Wisconsin
13. Texas A&M
14. South Carolina
15. UCF
16. Michigan
17. Oklahoma
18. UCLA
19. Louisville
20. ASU

LOL

Ohio State at #8? And you think I'm biased.

Also LSU is hot garbage. They are living off their reputation. They aren't a top ten team.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
LOL

Also LSU is hot garbage. They are living off their reputation. They aren't a top ten team.

Other than beating Wisconsin at home by 7, what has Ohio State done this year?

Ohio State faces 2 quality opponents all year, Wisconsin and Michigan.

s**t, UCF has a tougher schedule than Ohio State.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
LOL

I'm not trying to be rude, but how many LSU games have you seen?

Calling them hot garbage is ridiculous. They have one of the best power backs in the nation. A great WR tandem. A highly underrated QB in Mett. And one of the best Olines in the country. They're defense has been off but that just goes to show the quality of opponents.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]