There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Thread!

Holy s**t...FSU up 35-0 through 1 quarter. Already 274 yards offense and 13 first downs LOL.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Holy s**t...FSU up 35-0 through 1 quarter. Already 274 yards offense and 13 first downs LOL.

I wanna see Winston go up against that Bama defense. That kid is unreal.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He's amazing. I hope someone drops Oregon just to make sure we get Alabama-FSU in the title game.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Best prospect since Luck.

Since 1983, the "holy s**t omg QB overall #1s":
1983 Elway
1998 Peyton Manning
2012 Andrew Luck
2016 Jameis Winston
It was only NC state. Im sure a lamp post could put up big numbers against NC state, Maryland BU, Pitt, and and Bethune. FSU has the easiest schedule in the top 10. I like Winstone tho I think he's a Heisman.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
It was only NC state. Im sure a lamp post could put up big numbers against NC state, Maryland BU, Pitt, and and Bethune. FSU has the easiest schedule in the top 10. I like Winstone tho I think he's a Heisman.

Did he not just f**k up Clemson in their house last week?
Oregon called a great punt fake and Hundley threw an INT so they're down 7, but UCLA is playing just as well as Oregon is right now.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Best prospect since Luck.

Since 1983, the "holy s**t omg QB overall #1s":
1983 Elway
1998 Peyton Manning
2012 Andrew Luck
2016 Jameis Winston

Who would you compare him to? I can't think of a good comparison. Roethlisberger is the only guy that comes to mind, but only sorta.
Did he not just f**k up Clemson in their house last week?

Sure. You could say that.

FSU defense caused 5 turnovers, 1 td, and held Clemson to 174 yards.

Clemson gets scored on more than V tech, Miami, Wake Forest, NC State, and FSU obviously.

The Clemson win wasn't impressive. Maryland put up 27 that ferocious Clemson D today

He hasn't played a legit secondary and unfortunately he won't be facing V Tech.

Florida will be the only legit secondary he has to face.

Its all hype at this point.

Its kind of funny everyones on Winstons jock.

Aaron Murray was passing his team to victory or at least keeping his team in the game with a mediocre defense and decimated offense yet Winston puts up big numbers on weak opponents and he's the next elway.

Like I said I like the kid but its all hype at this point.

At least wait till the bowl game to crown him the GOAT.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Who would you compare him to? I can't think of a good comparison. Roethlisberger is the only guy that comes to mind, but only sorta.

I think its a good comparison

Clemson gets scored on more than V tech, Miami, Wake Forest, NC State, and FSU obviously.

The Clemson win wasn't impressive. Maryland put up 27 that ferocious Clemson D today

Aaron Murray was passing his team to victory or at least keeping his team in the game with a mediocre defense and decimated offense yet Winston puts up big numbers on weak opponents and he's the next elway.

its clearly not all hype....

"crowning him" the GOAT is premature. But I'm talking about hype, I can't think of another player that will be as hyped as Winston will be other than Andrew Luck. Like Luck, Winston looks like he could step in and outplay QBs in the NFL right now, which is crazy since he is just a redshirt frosh.
Originally posted by jrg:
Mizzou beat South Carolina tonight?

14-0

[ Edited by jrg on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]

Maryland scored more than half of their points in garbage time today, when the game was already over. This is like saying that NC State scored 17 on FSU's defense today.

Prior to the FSU game, Clemson had only given up more than 14 points once, in the first week against Georgia.

Sure, FSU's defense whooped on Clemson, but so did Winston. He did anything he wanted to do against the #3 ranked team in country, in their house. He's absolutely destroyed everyone he's faced, every week. No one's crowned him the GOAT, but you're blind if you can't see he's special.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM ]

"crowning him" the GOAT is premature. But I'm talking about hype, I can't think of another player that will be as hyped as Winston will be other than Andrew Luck. Like Luck, Winston looks like he could step in and outplay QBs in the NFL right now, which is crazy since he is just a redshirt frosh.

It is pretty incredible how well he has done.

Don't get me wrong. I watched his first game against Pitt. I think he had one incompletion, and broke the PY record for a RS fresh debut.

I just think he is physically superior then most of the competition in the ACC.

He's allowed to play a style of yard ball where his physical presences allows him to create time for his receivers, and eventually coverages break down.

I want to see him play against a secondary that doesn't know how to break down, and a front 7 that can rush and contain him in the pocket.

What happens when his defense can't 3 and out an opponent for half.

What happens when he has to play from behind?

What happens when he has to use his intelligence to win games?

That's why I was in love with Luck as a prospect. I've never seen a college QB understand the position to the degree he does. It's incredible.

I don't know if Winston can do that. Steamrolling weak opponents doesn't count.

Florida has a legit defense. They're offense is awful to the nth degree so FSU will win, but that defense will be an accurate barometer to Winstons ability IMO.

And the bowl game ofcourse.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
Maty Mauk

9/22 so far

It is pretty incredible how well he has done.

Don't get me wrong. I watched his first game against Pitt. I think he had one incompletion, and broke the PY record for a RS fresh debut.

I just think he is physically superior then most of the competition in the ACC.

He's allowed to play a style of yard ball where his physical presences allows him to create time for his receivers, and eventually coverages break down.

I want to see him play against a secondary that doesn't know how to break down, and a front 7 that can rush and contain him in the pocket.

What happens when his defense can't 3 and out an opponent for half.

What happens when he has to play from behind?

What happens when he has to use his intelligence to win games?

That's why I was in love with Luck as a prospect. I've never seen a college QB understand the position to the degree he does. It's incredible.

I don't know if Winston can do that. Steamrolling weak opponents doesn't count.

Florida has a legit defense. They're offense is awful to the nth degree so FSU will win, but that defense will be an accurate barometer to Winstons ability IMO.

And the bowl game ofcourse.

Sorry man, I could not disagree more. Jameis doesn't play "yard ball," I have no idea how you can even conclude that. If anyone in CFB does that, its Manziel.

Winston plays an NFL style game, and shows extremely high football iq
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]