There are 160 users in the forums

Best Sports Logos?

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SoCold:
can someone explain the A's logo to me, never got it

The "Athletics" name originates from the late 19th century "athletic clubs", specifically the Philadelphia Athletics baseball club. They are most prominently nicknamed "the A's", in reference to the Gothic script "A", a trademark of the team and the old Athletics of Philadelphia. This has gained very prominent use, and in some circles is used more frequently than the full "Athletics" name. They are also known as "the White Elephants" or simply "the Elephants", in reference to then New York Giants' manager John McGraw's calling the team a "white elephant".[1] This was embraced by the team, who then made a white elephant the team's mascot, and often incorporated it into the logo or sleeve patches.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by boast:
i would love for the Niners to have a new throwback helmet with this logo on it. it would look awesome.

lol the NFL would never allow a logo with a character shooting a gun. It would "promote violence".

thanks Obama!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SoCold:
can someone explain the A's logo to me, never got it

The "Athletics" name originates from the late 19th century "athletic clubs", specifically the Philadelphia Athletics baseball club. They are most prominently nicknamed "the A's", in reference to the Gothic script "A", a trademark of the team and the old Athletics of Philadelphia. This has gained very prominent use, and in some circles is used more frequently than the full "Athletics" name. They are also known as "the White Elephants" or simply "the Elephants", in reference to then New York Giants' manager John McGraw's calling the team a "white elephant".[1] This was embraced by the team, who then made a white elephant the team's mascot, and often incorporated it into the logo or sleeve patches.

that's stupid someone mocks your team and you make it a logo?

now I hate them even more
Originally posted by valrod33:

That Buccaneer looks F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S
  • mod
  • Veteran
I f**kin love the old buccaneer logo... they dont use it enough lololololol
Share 49ersWebzone