LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

So I had a fun time watching a wild 4th qtr of the Warriors game with my uncle tonight. This uncle used to play pro basketball in France back in the early 80s. He knows a lot about the game but I've never watched basketball with him (not since we saw the harlem globetrotters when I was a kid).

After xmas dinner we turned on the game, right after the 4th qtr had started and it was tied. But there was a LONG time out while the refs tried to sort out a double technical between Green and Griffin. Green kinda rubbed his elbow on Griffin's face while they were fighting for position. Double technical, but Green is also given a flagrant 2 foul and booted from the game.

My uncle says, "That Griffin guy is an idiot. None of the other players like him. He's talented but he's stupid. He's a hot head. What we used to do when I good player with a temper would get a tech is I'd tell the guard to let him drive to the hoop. Then I'd clobber him hard. I'd land him. Enough for him to come up swinging. Sure, we'd get double technicals. But he'd get ejected because he already had a T."

I listen to that and think, "man, that's pretty crafty..."

They finally start playing again and right away there's a big melee under the rim. Griffin and Bogut were fighting for position and Bogut got a little elbowy and did a little jersey pulling. Then it escalated with both of them all tangled up sort of elbowing each other, and other players jumping in to get between them. Double technicals. Blake is ejected for having two technicals. Bogut had just done exactly what my uncle had just described.

I said that. He said, "well Bogut played international ball. It's a totally different game..."

Then the Warriors went on to win in pretty exciting fashion. Mainly because the Clippers played without Griffin. But also because after that the Clippers just started fouling like crazy. Even Chris Paul. Not only was he fouling hard during the game when he normally wouldn't. But after the game walked right into Bogut and started another big dust up (with Curry jumping right into it of course).

It made me appreciate the value of playing that smarter, craftier kind of ball. And of not being stupid.

It also made me wonder if they had planned the whole thing going back to Green's needless elbow foul....

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Merry Christmas!!
LOL Bogut
mark jackson goon tactics lol.. anything to get the W
better win today yo..
Let's go Dubs!
Curry is 14/13/15 going into the 4th quarter! His second triple double of the season.
Wow, I'm impressed that the 2nd unit was able to maintain the big lead for 8-or-so minutes they were in...nice game to have before they go on the road.
5 game win streak

Little controversy towards the end of the 4th quarter with the dubs not fouling the cavs up three but we were able to pull it off in OT
Originally posted by YungAce:
5 game win streak

Little controversy towards the end of the 4th quarter with the dubs not fouling the cavs up three but we were able to pull it off in OT

Wasn't too surprised to see them be so sluggish, but then once they woke up they looked good right up until they managed to choke at the end of regulation...but they ended up with a road win in OT on first game of a long roadie, so hopefully they'll build on that.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
5 game win streak

Wasn't too surprised to see them be so sluggish, but then once they woke up they looked good right up until they managed to choke at the end of regulation...but they ended up with a road win in OT on first game of a long roadie, so hopefully they'll build on that.

Dray's been balling out lately. Racked up career highs tonight with 12 boards and 4 blocks (2 clutch ones on Kyrie towards the end of OT)

More minutes plz

Dray's been balling out lately. Racked up career highs tonight with 12 boards and 4 blocks (2 clutch ones on Kyrie towards the end of OT)

More minutes plz

Yes. Good things happen when Green is out there. Very cerebral player.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

More minutes plz

Yes. Good things happen when Green is out there. Very cerebral player.

Plus he's got a little bit of nasty in him....it's good to have another red-ass on the team besides just Bogut.
nice W! curry being curry.. treymond defensive anchor and the clutch 3 when it counts

that dip bogut had in the 1st quarter was nasty.. so glad this guy is healthy again

Share 49ersWebzone