LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Steph Curry plays at a level most players can only dream of. I'm starting to fall for the Warriors, however, I get the feeling they're like that beautiful girl that gives you a few dates and never sees you again, breaking your heart.

Welcome to my nearly 40 years of being a Warriors fan.
Haha, I have learned the same in my 21 years of following the team

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
24 turnovers? An L at home to the Spurs WITHOUT their big 3 (Ginobili, Tony P, and Duncan)? Speechless.

Not sure where Harrison's head is but his it's not in the game (obviously) and Klay has clearly regressed - not only is he playing terrible basketball right now, but he really is becoming a liability on the court. Just ugly. This is not a playoff team sad to say.

With how strong the West is this year and as the Warriors continue to regress, I do think they're headed for the lottery.
turrible.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Steph Curry plays at a level most players can only dream of. I'm starting to fall for the Warriors, however, I get the feeling they're like that beautiful girl that gives you a few dates and never sees you again, breaking your heart.

Welcome to my nearly 40 years of being a Warriors fan.
Haha, I have learned the same in my 21 years of following the team

It's both funny and sad that I'm now passing my Warriors cynicism on to my own kids...love the Dubs, they're almost always fun to watch, but they WILL break your heart and will never be legit contenders.
Andrew Bogut @andrewbogut 10h I don't usually tweet after games, but there was no excuse for that, period.

Stephen Curry @StephenCurry30 10h Bad bad bad

yeah no sh*t
I think its clear now how important Jack and Landry were to this team. Not many teams can win in the NBA without a good bench and the Warriors have far from that.

As bad as Klay looks right now I am actually more worried about Barnes. He has lost his aggression and doesnt even look like the same player that we had in the playoffs last year. The Warriors simply cannot be a playoff team without Barnes and Klay playing very well.
im not ready to start calling for the season as a failure. i still think this team is talented enough for the 5th or 6th seed. klay will snap out of it, iggy will be 100% healthy soon, and barnes will continue to get better and dig himself out of the hole he's in.

i did see an interesting idea online about starting Draymond at the 3 and having klay/barnes come off the bench. with steph, iggy, and lee handling the majority of the scoring as the starters, having the defense anchored by iggy, draymond, and bogut, it could be a fairly decent idea. and now, the bench doesn't look as bad when klay/barnes come off it.

probably won't happen, just an interesting idea.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
im not ready to start calling for the season as a failure. i still think this team is talented enough for the 5th or 6th seed. klay will snap out of it, iggy will be 100% healthy soon, and barnes will continue to get better and dig himself out of the hole he's in.

i did see an interesting idea online about starting Draymond at the 3 and having klay/barnes come off the bench. with steph, iggy, and lee handling the majority of the scoring as the starters, having the defense anchored by iggy, draymond, and bogut, it could be a fairly decent idea. and now, the bench doesn't look as bad when klay/barnes come off it.

probably won't happen, just an interesting idea.

The very highest they could get would be a 6 seed as the top 5 teams in the West are clearly better. I think Phoenix and/or Denver will fade some and the Warriors will get either a 7 or 8 seed.
I miss Carl Landry
24 turnovers? An L at home to the Spurs WITHOUT their big 3 (Ginobili, Tony P, and Duncan)? Speechless.

Not sure where Harrison's head is but his it's not in the game (obviously) and Klay has clearly regressed - not only is he playing terrible basketball right now, but he really is becoming a liability on the court. Just ugly. This is not a playoff team sad to say.

With how strong the West is this year and as the Warriors continue to regress, I do think they're headed for the lottery.

If that's where they're headed, at least this years draft class is loaded with talent. Could get a quality player. I'm almost about done with Klay, I have little faith in him. Way too inconsistent, streaky, with a disturbingly low basketball IQ. I thought he turned the corner earlier in the year but now . The kid has so much potential but he can't seem to put it all together mentally. And Barnes looks lost out there.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM ]

If that's where they're headed, at least this years draft class is loaded with talent. Could get a quality player. I'm almost about done with Klay, I have little faith in him. Way too inconsistent, streaky, with a disturbingly low basketball IQ. I thought he turned the corner earlier in the year but now . The kid has so much potential but he can't seem to put it all together mentally. And Barnes looks lost out there.

Yeah, not a good year to be a bad team in the East, which is most of them, because they're going to have 5 or 6 bad teams make the playoffs with absolutely no shot to do any damage...so they get thumped in the playoffs and miss out on the lottery.

But in the West you'll have some decent-to-good teams that won't be able to crack that Top 8 and will get a lottery pick in a loaded draft. About the only shot I see for the Warriors to not be a lottery team is Thompson + Barnes pull their heads out, plus they do have something like 25 of their last 40 games at home. But so far they haven't been anything special at home, so they've got to recapture they Roaracle magic for that slew of home games to be a signifcant factor.
I miss Carl Landry

and jarrett jack.. as much as we used to talk bad about dude
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
I miss Carl Landry

and jarrett jack.. as much as we used to talk bad about dude

He was good but turned into Simple Jack in the playoffs...never go full retard. I wouldn't mind him back either doe. Speights is like a bigger Landry who shoots more but not as well, not a fan
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]
It's Singletary all over again. They need strategists now, not motivators.
coolest sweater ever

Share 49ersWebzone