LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Team is a joke right now. Makes me sick to watch them throw games away on stupid turnovers and lazy defense. Jackson needs to kick some ass.

He can start by pulling Klay early when his head is not in the game. He seems like a scared little boy out there at times. Tough guys like Leonard, Chandler Parsons, Tony Allen own him. He needs to man up. You're highly skilled and in the NBA. Have some freakin' confidence in what you're doing.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM ]
Well.. you might be right but I didnt think the Warriors could trade their 2014 pick since they traded away their 2013 pick. The NBA prohibits a team from moving its first rounder two years in a row.

Yea, the nba is very tricky and the rules can/has been contorted.

On the sidenote, the team is relatively healthy right now and has a string of home games.
lol lost to the spurs without their 3 best players? wut
At home too? You guys have a great crowd

I told you guys currys carelessness would hurt you guys
Originally posted by marshniners24:

lmao at blaming Curry, I guess 30 pts and 15 ast and 3 stl isnt enough anymore. The whole team is careless, not just Curry but Curry is the only reason why they are even in games anymore.
Klay Thompson sucks

DId you watch the game Marsh? Curry didnt have his best game ever but he wasnt the reason they lost. Klay sucks, Barnes is lost and scored 0 pts, and the team had 24 turnovers (5 for Steph). The Warriors suck right now.. almost Kings like.

DId you watch the game Marsh? Curry didnt have his best game ever but he wasnt the reason they lost. Klay sucks, Barnes is lost and scored 0 pts, and the team had 24 turnovers (5 for Steph). The Warriors suck right now.. almost Kings like.

Lol no I didnt. Didnt even look at the box score. I was just trolling but I was not far off
24 turnovers? An L at home to the Spurs WITHOUT their big 3 (Ginobili, Tony P, and Duncan)? Speechless.

Not sure where Harrison's head is but his it's not in the game (obviously) and Klay has clearly regressed - not only is he playing terrible basketball right now, but he really is becoming a liability on the court. Just ugly. This is not a playoff team sad to say.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Team is a joke right now. Makes me sick to watch them throw games away on stupid turnovers and lazy defense. Jackson needs to kick some ass.

He can start by pulling Klay early when his head is not in the game. He seems like a scared little boy out there at times. Tough guys like Leonard, Chandler Parsons, Tony Allen own him. He needs to man up. You're highly skilled and in the NBA. Have some freakin' confidence in what you're doing.

This. He can shoot extremely well and can play great defense at times, but every other facet of his game is pretty horrific. He has all the tools, but lacks the bball IQ and instinct to put it all together. It just pisses me off cause he was playing SO well to start the year, then he started struggling and lets it affect every other area of his game. Dude needs to stop being such a mental midget.
Steph Curry plays at a level most players can only dream of. I'm starting to fall for the Warriors, however, I get the feeling they're like that beautiful girl that gives you a few dates and never sees you again, breaking your heart.

such a pathetic display last night. careless turnovers. no sense of urgency. laziness. no energy in the post. watching for rebounds. embarrassing.

i was actually hoping the dubs, in the offseason, would bring back Marco Belinelli.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Well.. you might be right but I didnt think the Warriors could trade their 2014 pick since they traded away their 2013 pick. The NBA prohibits a team from moving its first rounder two years in a row.

Yea, the nba is very tricky and the rules can/has been contorted.

On the sidenote, the team is relatively healthy right now and has a string of home games.

My understanding is past draft picks aren't taken into consideration only future years are taken into consideration. Because the trade happened after the 2013 draft/season, the Warriors didn't owe any more future first rounders before the trade. Thus had a clean slate. Therefore they were able to trade their 2014 & 2017 First Rounders.

Such as right now they can't trade their 2015 first round draft pick. After the draft and 2014 season, starting on July 1 2014, the only future liability will be the 2017 First Rounder, Therefore will be able to trade their 2015 First Rounder since the rule doesn't apply to past 1st draft picks only to present and future first rounders.
So even on one of those nights where Pop gives David Stern the middle finger and sits his Big 3, a fairly healthy Warriors team still can't beat the Spurs...AT HOME? Pathetic.

But as I've said, typical Warriors...between players who crumble under pressure (Thompson), stupid turnovers (everyone), and just bad Warrior luck (Bogut falling down which allowed Splitter tip-in), the Dubs will almost always find a way to lose the close games. And it shouldn't have been close...multiple times the Spurs went through stretches where they were AWFUL, but yet the Warriors either couldn't extend their lead or take the lead when behind.

Speaking of Thompson, now he's got a battle on his hands with Barnes to see which one can regress more in the shortest amount of time. A month ago I would've thought both of these guys, but especially Thompson, were untouchables trade-wise. But now???

And while most of this is on the players, WTF was that last shot all about??? Mark Jackson and his staff had to know there was no way in hell Pop allows Curry to take a shot, yet it looked like there were no options on that play other than Curry.

All things considered, worse loss of the season.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Steph Curry plays at a level most players can only dream of. I'm starting to fall for the Warriors, however, I get the feeling they're like that beautiful girl that gives you a few dates and never sees you again, breaking your heart.

Welcome to my nearly 40 years of being a Warriors fan.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
such a pathetic display last night. careless turnovers. no sense of urgency. laziness. no energy in the post. watching for rebounds. embarrassing.

i was actually hoping the dubs, in the offseason, would bring back Marco Belinelli.

Seemed like our old Warriors
Share 49ersWebzone