LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Fack
I still don't understand why Jackson didn't take the timeout at the end of the 4th. Can someone with more basketball knowledge tell me a good reason why?
i liked the effort for sure.. they have to learn how to finish games still
cant win em all.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I still don't understand why Jackson didn't take the timeout at the end of the 4th. Can someone with more basketball knowledge tell me a good reason why?

its common.

Game is tied, you have the last shot, just let your guys run with it. Don't give their guys a chance to get set, but we did

idk if we only had one timeout left, but you wouldnt want to risk a 5 second violation on the inbounds either.

To not let Memphis set their defense I guess and just let them create. I would have called time though and put the ball in Harrison's hands.
Curry's absence just totally f**ks up the flow offensively.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

its common.

Game is tied, you have the last shot, just let your guys run with it. Don't give their guys a chance to get set, but we did

idk if we only had one timeout left, but you wouldnt want to risk a 5 second violation on the inbounds either.
That's a good point. I don't remember if we had 2 timeouts left.
Just got back from the game. Same exact story every time we play Memphis. 2nd chance points, free throw disparity, and turnovers killed us. At least I got a Steph Curry bobblehead!
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM ]
tough game. last possession in the 4th, would've been nice for Bogut to maybe GET TO HALF COURT! dude basically stayed at the half court line making it 5-on-4

the bench is looking pretty bad, especially with the folks hurt, but we can't keep going out there with Bazemore, who clearly is limited in the offensive game. Green is good, but an inconsistent shooter.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
tough game. last possession in the 4th, would've been nice for Bogut to maybe GET TO HALF COURT! dude basically stayed at the half court line making it 5-on-4

Not going to blame Bogut. He played 43 minutes last night and was awesome on the boards and with his defense on Randolph.

I really do think that Jackson should have called time out, given his players a break, and put the ball in Barnes hands. Iggy was obviously struggling last night and it didnt make sense for him to take that last shot.
the bench is looking pretty bad, especially with the folks hurt, but we can't keep going out there with Bazemore, who clearly is limited in the offensive game. Green is good, but an inconsistent shooter.

This was my worry and why I said the team would miss Jarret Jack. He was that spark that could take that tough shot and provide bench strength for the team (along with Landy). The Warriors first 6 are awesome but their bench is really weak this year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Not going to blame Bogut. He played 43 minutes last night and was awesome on the boards and with his defense on Randolph.

I really do think that Jackson should have called time out, given his players a break, and put the ball in Barnes hands. Iggy was obviously struggling last night and it didnt make sense for him to take that last shot.

i understand that our starters absolutely had to play extended minutes last night, so maybe Bogut was tired or he was expecting a timeout, but he had a lot of open room to cut in for a layup or at least get fouled.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

This was my worry and why I said the team would miss Jarret Jack. He was that spark that could take that tough shot and provide bench strength for the team (along with Landy). The Warriors first 6 are awesome but their bench is really weak this year.

i figured that bob myers would have felt the need to get someone better than bazemore or draft someone who would provide a spark off the bench, like sticking around and taking Archie Goodwin instead of trading down for Nedovic, who clearly doesn't look ready for the NBA.
baze is horrible lol..
Share 49ersWebzone