There are 112 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Iggy is class all the way.
Haha suck it Westbrook
Didn't Igloo hit another game winner this year
iggy tho
warriors are fun to watch
Shouldn't have been that close.

I don't know why the kept going to D Lee at the end when he's throwing up bricks when Klay was obviously on point tonight
Originally posted by jrg:

Yes.. and they can give you heartburn too
Originally posted by jrg:

we've always been fun to watch. now we're winning
Wow wow wow.honestly i thought we lost.another Close one.then boom goes the dynamite
Iggy
A couple notes on closing games:

1. Just run the offense. There was ZERO ball movement the last 6 minutes of the game. We were trying too hard to get Durant fouled out. Force fed Lee instead of letting things develop naturally.

2. I love the effort that our guys give on defense. But there are too many instances were 2 players sell out trying to contest a shot on a drive to the basket, leaving nobody there to clean up the boards. For example, Thompson has excellent defense on Westbrook and forces him to miss a driving layup. Bogut also goes for the block instead of positioning himself for the defensive rebound. Ibaka ends up getting the offensive rebound and an easy 2 points. This happens way too often and is a big reason why we gave up a lot of offensive boards.

3. We don't need to double team anyone. We have 2 excellent wing defenders in Iggy and Thompson, and a dominant rim protector in Bogut. Just play man-on-man defense, and don't allow 3 point shooters to spring open. Down the stretch, we starting doubling and our defense collapsed on the ball, leaving open 3 point shooters. That was the only way they could come back and we let them. I'd rather take my chances with Durant and Westbrook making contested 2 point shots instead.

Overall, a great win! Giving up a 14 point lead in just under 6 minutes can't happen, but it sure made for an epic finish!
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
warios
Share 49erswebzone
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com