LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Iggy is not going to be an All Star lol

I agree. He has a big overall impact on the court, but I don't think his scoring average will be high enough to get in. The All-Star game is mostly comprised of the league's top scorers. Curry and Lee are far more likely. If Klay keeps up this level of play he may get a all-star nomination in the near future.

Power Forward is probably the deepest position in the west with Love, Aldridge, Randolph, Lee, Duncan, and Griffin. SF is probably the weakest. That would be one reason that I think Iggy could get it over Lee. We shall see. Klay will be an All Star at some point in his career.. just not this year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
if i remember right, they were all making a big deal that Lee was the best player on a horrible NY team. that he's a stat stuffer and that he plays horrible defense.

i remember arguing that he ALWAYS almost played out of position. he has been decent playing next to Bogut.

Fair point.

David Lee still has many of the same weaknesses. But it's remararkable how well we're hiding Lee and Curry's defensive shortcomings with terrific scheming and personnel.

Our starting-lineup is f**king golden.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I agree. He has a big overall impact on the court, but I don't think his scoring average will be high enough to get in. The All-Star game is mostly comprised of the league's top scorers. Curry and Lee are far more likely. If Klay keeps up this level of play he may get a all-star nomination in the near future.

Power Forward is probably the deepest position in the west with Love, Aldridge, Randolph, Lee, Duncan, and Griffin. SF is probably the weakest. That would be one reason that I think Iggy could get it over Lee. We shall see. Klay will be an All Star at some point in his career.. just not this year.

I think we will see Klay in the 3 point shootout but not the game.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lol at arguing over which one of our four best players will make the All Star team

Times sure have changed
Originally posted by crzy:
Lol at arguing over which one of our four best players will make the All Star team

Times sure have changed

Hey... maybe Bogut will make it 5.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I think we'll see both Splash Bros
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I think we'll see both Splash Bros

Definitely
Just in case y'all missed it

Stephen Curry Didn't Sprain His Ankle After All
By Marcus Thompson

Warriors point guard Stephen Curry got some good new Thursday. An MRI revealed he sustained a bone bruise in his left ankle, per Golden State.No ankle sprain. Initially, the Warriors thought it was a bone bruise. After further examination, it was upgraded to an ankle sprain but the MRI revealed the initial diagnosis was correct. Curry is listed as day-to-day.The injury looked like an ankle sprain. In the third quarter — after he returned from twisting his knee in a tangling with Minnesota guard Ricky Rubio — Curry landed on a defender's foot while attempting a floater.

Good news
ESPN article on Warriors defense. Bet you never thought you would see that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/63887/the-warriors-are-a-defensive-juggernaut?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Why not? He has made it before and will get a lot of credit for turning the Dubs into a true contender. He has more of a chance than Klay I think. And of course with teams like the Kings having no possible All Stars that will open up spots.

Come on man! Wtf lol

Isaiah thomas is 2nd in the nba for PGs in PER only behind Chris Paul. Curry is 4th. EAD

Cousins has a great chance to make it. He's 2nd or 3rd in per right now for C in the west. Averaging 18/10/2
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Nov 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM ]

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Come on man! Wtf lol

Isaiah thomas is 2nd in the nba for PGs in PER only behind Chris Paul. Curry is 4th. EAD

Cousins has a great chance to make it. He's 2nd or 3rd in per right now for C in the west. Averaging 18/10/2

Thomas has a higher PER than Curry......through 4 games. Not exactly a long stretch lol. Curry >>>>>> Thomas.

Last year only one true Center made the Western Conference all-star team, Dwight Howard, because there were so many good PFs. Gonna be hard for Cousins to make it.
Through 4 games really it's only been 4 games go figure
Ya really dood. Only 4 games. C.J. Miles has a 27.7 PER. Maybe he should be an all-star too.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Why not? He has made it before and will get a lot of credit for turning the Dubs into a true contender. He has more of a chance than Klay I think. And of course with teams like the Kings having no possible All Stars that will open up spots.

Come on man! Wtf lol

You have to be a good team to get All Stars. Wont happen for any Kings player
ESPN article on Warriors defense. Bet you never thought you would see that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/63887/the-warriors-are-a-defensive-juggernaut?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Boguts such a defensive anchor
Such a steal for Monta lol
Share 49ersWebzone