LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 206 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
shoots 3s well, good rebounder, good passer, horrible defender, gives up on plays, complains and lacks leadership. that's what i see. only three players in the NBA right now that's "elite" and that's LBJ, KD, and George.

Paul George isn't elite. He's not even that efficient. He certainly isn't as efficient as Lebron or Durant. I wouldn't even take Paul George over Steph if given the choice.

Kevin Love's post defense graded out very well by Synergy.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Paul George isn't elite. He's not even that efficient. He certainly isn't as efficient as Lebron or Durant. I wouldn't even take Paul George over Steph if given the choice.

Gem is outrageous
shoots 3s well, good rebounder, good passer, horrible defender, gives up on plays, complains and lacks leadership. that's what i see. only three players in the NBA right now that's "elite" and that's LBJ, KD, and George.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
The only thing George has on Steph is defense. Steph is better than George in every category offensively.

whaa?!

Steph is a very good player. Amazing shooter from every spot on the court and passes very well. IQ is off the charts. stingy defender, however, his size limits him and often gets overpowered. George isn't close to Steph as far as a shooter, but he's a damn good offensive player. He shoots well, drives, and passes. In addition, he's working his way into becoming an ELITE defender...AND HE'S ONLY 24!! that's nuts!
The only thing George has on Steph is defense. Steph is better than George in every category offensively.

The only thing Steph has on George is his shooting, and George is still a very good shooter lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

whaa?!

Steph is a very good player. Amazing shooter from every spot on the court and passes very well. IQ is off the charts. stingy defender, however, his size limits him and often gets overpowered. George isn't close to Steph as far as a shooter, but he's a damn good offensive player. He shoots well, drives, and passes. In addition, he's working his way into becoming an ELITE defender...AND HE'S ONLY 24!! that's nuts!

George is still not efficient enough to put him in Lebron and Durant's league.

Durant EFG%56
Lebron EFG% 61

George EFG% 49

Durant TS%63
Lebron TS% 65

George TS%55

Durant PER 29.8
Lebron PER 29.3

George PER 20.1

Durant ORtg 123
Lebron ORtg 121

George ORtg 107

Curry's TS%, PER, ORtg, and EFG% are also all superior.

I'll give you he's good defender. But offensively he's far from elite.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshulk:

The only thing Steph has on George is his shooting, and George is still a very good shooter lol

Like I said Steph is better than George in every offensive category and the analytics support this.

You have no argument here.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 21, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]
Zach Harper from ESPN.com http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68391/gift-of-love-29-trades-for-29-teams?ex_cid=espnsoc

Golden State Warriors
The deal: Trade Machine

Warriors receive: Kevin Love, Kevin Martin
Wolves receive: David Lee, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, right to swap picks in 2015 and 2016

I don't actually think this is a good trade, but it allows me to bring up a point. I get the mindset of wanting to maximize the value you receive in a trade versus what you're sending out. But there are Warriors fans worried about giving up Thompson and Barnes in a deal for Love, while ridding themselves of Lee's contract. Back when the Clippers were trading for Chris Paul, there were fans and writers who thought it was a bad idea to include Eric Gordon. Think about that now. Sometimes it can get out of hand for players who probably won't be All-Stars.

This dude is a tool

Like I said Steph is better than George in every offensive category and the analytics support this.

So if you're starting a team today you take the undersized scoring PG over Paul George?

• Hopper
  • Veteran

So if you're starting a team today you take the undersized scoring PG over Paul George?
Your reading comprehension isn't that great.

It's the homer in you that would take Curry over George
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's the homer in you that would take Curry over George

I'll take Nov/Dec George but the George I've seen since January...is not a top 10 player in the league. I'm taking Curry today, though if George becomes consistent offensively - I like him over Curry easily. I love players who go all out on defense. He's definitely not elite or at Durant/Lebron level. He's not even in the tier below that, IMHO. Not yet, at least.

Plus, I think Curry is more than just a scoring guard. His passing and decision making has improved and should continue to improve as he grows into this role. George is great defensively - but WAYYYY too inconsistent offensively. I don't know if he'll score 30 or 14 from game to game. Once, he is consistent - only then I can put him above Curry.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 22, 2014 at 12:22 AM ]
why compare the two? totally different players
Just for s***s and giggles, what if the Warriors waited a year and made a run at LaMarcus Aldridge as a FA? Price in a trade to get Love this year might be very steep (possibly Thompson or Green), and I read where Aldridge may not sign an extension now since he's not on a max deal and that then limits the length of extension, so very well could wait until end of 2014/15 season for free agency to hit.

He might not even want to leave Portland, and Warriors would have to do something with Lee, but supposing those things worked out, would you rather get Love but have to give up Lee + Barnes + Thomspon or Green this year...or wait until next year and keep Thompson/Green and get Aldridge?
Share 49ersWebzone