There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Are the Warriors really that far away as currently constructed? With a healthy Bogut, I think they would've beat the Clippers, which is the same team that took OKC to 7 games.

I'm not necessarily saying the Warriors are a Top 1-2, or even 3 team...but assuming they can continue to be a Top 5 defense, AND if Kerr can bring an offense that moves move, is more efficient, I don't know you need to gut the team to get Kevin Love. He's a great player, but I'd hate for the W's to get him and then find out he doesn't really fit what they're trying to build...not to mention the money he's going to cost.

That said, if they are able to get him for "just" Lee + Barnes (or Iguodala???), plus sign him to a deal that doesn't cripple them moving forward, then definitely someting to consider. But I'm also not going to be disappointed if the Warriors stay status quo with a tweak or two to the bench.

I think the real question is are the Warriors a championship team with their current roster (assuming everyone is healthy). I would say the answer is no. Would they be if they traded Lee and Barnes for Love? Maybe. I think it would be more likely than what they have now. However, if it comes at a cost of not being able to sign Klay and possibly Draymond long term then I would be against it as they are key members of this team moving forward.

I would agree that this year, even with a healthy Bogut, assumig they beat the Clips and OKC, they still would not beat the Spurs...even though last year they did take the Spurs to 6, and would've been 7 if they didn't p**s away a 20-pt lead late in Game 1. I just think Pop and the Spurs are burning to get that title they believe they should have had last year.

As you say, I don't want Love if the cost is not being able to keep Thompson and Gree long-term. As much as I did want Jackson to get another year, maybe Kerr is the secret sauce that can get more out of this offense to where it does push them into that elite echelon, even without Kevin Love.
Kerr's press conference 15 minutes in. seems pretty good so far.
So Pete. I understand that you dont think he is a top 5 player and I agree with that. However, I have not heard your take on the Warriors trading for him. Would you trade David Lee and Harrison Barnes for him?

Yes. But I don't do a deal that includes Klay, which is reportedly the Warriors thinking as well.
nvrmnd.
[ Edited by bayarealuv on May 20, 2014 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
So Pete. I understand that you dont think he is a top 5 player and I agree with that. However, I have not heard your take on the Warriors trading for him. Would you trade David Lee and Harrison Barnes for him?

Yes. But I don't do a deal that includes Klay, which is reportedly the Warriors thinking as well.

I would be very upset if they included Klay on a deal for Love. Klay and Barnes are light years apart as players. So, I agree completely.
If Love does come here, he'll be on a max contract. That would be around $20M in comparison to Stephs $11M. Not saying, just saying.
looking at our salary cap right now and i LOL'd seeing how Nedovic makes more than Draymond. wow...
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
If Love does come here, he'll be on a max contract. That would be around $20M in comparison to Stephs $11M. Not saying, just saying.

David Lee will make 5M more than Steph next year. Just saying..
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
looking at our salary cap right now and i LOL'd seeing how Nedovic makes more than Draymond. wow...

Yep. Big difference between being a 1st rd pick and a 2nd rd pick. However, being a 2nd rounder actually is better for Draymond because he isnt locked in to a long term deal and will make big money much sooner.
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

David Lee will make 5M more than Steph next year. Just saying..

Don't remind me
Klay and Lee for Love and that b***h Shved

BOOM
Originally posted by valrod33:

BOOM

Go away

BOOM

Go away

Not until Love is gone and Klay is mine

BOOM

Go away

Not until Love is gone and Klay is mine
Love and Barnes straight up for Love and you will like it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Nevermind.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com