There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
lol, a top 5 talent (who can play at the post and the perimeter -- nightmare matchup for power forwards) is about to get traded to your team and you say no.

Alrighty then

He's not a Top 5 player. He's a guy whose skill set matches up nicely with the statistics that catch people's eyes.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol, a top 5 talent (who can play at the post and the perimeter -- nightmare matchup for power forwards) is about to get traded to your team and you say no.

Alrighty then

Even if it means no more splash bros?

IMHO, i think Love can be obtained without giving up Klay. Lee, Barnes, 1st round pick, and a roast beef sandwich should do it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Alrighty then

He's not a Top 5 player. He's a guy whose skill set matches up nicely with the statistics that catch people's eyes.

Love has the 3rd best player rating behind LeBron and Durant on two different rankings. IMHO, if you are ranked right behind the two best players in the league you must be doing something right. Also, he has no help from his teammates and is the focus of most teams so he gets double teamed a lot.... And yet he's still able to put up good numbers every game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings

Statistics aside, he's a perfect fit/compliment to the players that the team currently has. Its a win/win scenario if the front office is able to pull this off.
Love has the 3rd best player rating behind LeBron and Durant on two different rankings. IMHO, if you are ranked right behind the two best players in the league you must be doing something right. Also, he has no help from his teammates and is the focus of most teams so he gets double teamed a lot.... And yet he's still able to put up good numbers every game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings

Statistics aside, he's a perfect fit/compliment to the players that the team currently has. Its a win/win scenario if the front office is able to pull this off.

He puts up spectacular numbers, I'd never say otherwise. Those numbers are meaningless though, including Hollinger's (who's about to get fired by Memphis) statistics. These aren't measuring the things that win games. I disagree that he gets doubled all that often.

The "he has no help" thing that people always say about him rings hollow. He's never even been on a .500 team in his 6 seasons in the league. I can't think of a single top player that you can say that about in NBA history. In fact, I can think of another Minnesota PF that had far worse surrounding talent than Love does, yet his teams were over .500 pretty much every year despite having guys like Wally Szczerbiak or Troy Hudson as the next best guy on the team. Pekovic, Rubio, Martin, & even Brewer are solid players.

I do think that he's a nice fit and you guys have the right "you better have defenders around them" setup next to Curry & Love, but he's definitely not a Top 5 player. Heck, he wouldn't even be the best player on the Warriors.
f**k Kevin Love. You can have him. He is gonna cry and complain and give up on so many plays for you guys cuz he isnt the only scoring option. I hate his face
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Kevin Love. You can have him. He is gonna cry and complain and give up on so many plays for you guys cuz he isnt the only scoring option. I hate his face

Damn, sounds like a perfect fit for the clippers then
reasons that Pete and val posted are reasons why I'm hesitant to have Love on this team. Obviously, his contract alone could possibly handcuff this team from adding solid bench players, an issue we had all season long this past year. he's a guy that is horrific on the defensive end, despite having a very solid center playing next to him. he'd be a decent fit to go along with Steph/Klay, but I don't see him being that last piece to winning a championship.

if we do make the trade for him, i'd absolutely be cheering for him, but the FO better understand that this move doesn't backfire like the Iguodala move did.

Yep. And there ain't no stat for that.

typical Kevin love play, miss a shot complain to the ref that you were fouled while your team is playing 4 on 5 on the other end, other team scores and then receive long outlet pass for layup.

typical Kevin love play, miss a shot complain to the ref that you were fouled while your team is playing 4 on 5 on the other end, other team scores and then receive long outlet pass for layup.

that was Stephen Jackson when he was the #1 option for the Warriors

This. Overrated. Rather have the hardworking Lee and the untapped potential Barnes then a crybaby and potential cancer in Love.

With the stats and hype he gets, why aren't the wolves better than a 40 win team????
Steve Kerr's press conference is today at noon.

So Pete. I understand that you dont think he is a top 5 player and I agree with that. However, I have not heard your take on the Warriors trading for him. Would you trade David Lee and Harrison Barnes for him?
Are the Warriors really that far away as currently constructed? With a healthy Bogut, I think they would've beat the Clippers, which is the same team that took OKC to 7 games.

I'm not necessarily saying the Warriors are a Top 1-2, or even 3 team...but assuming they can continue to be a Top 5 defense, AND if Kerr can bring an offense that moves move, is more efficient, I don't know you need to gut the team to get Kevin Love. He's a great player, but I'd hate for the W's to get him and then find out he doesn't really fit what they're trying to build...not to mention the money he's going to cost.

That said, if they are able to get him for "just" Lee + Barnes (or Iguodala???), plus sign him to a deal that doesn't cripple them moving forward, then definitely someting to consider. But I'm also not going to be disappointed if the Warriors stay status quo with a tweak or two to the bench.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Are the Warriors really that far away as currently constructed? With a healthy Bogut, I think they would've beat the Clippers, which is the same team that took OKC to 7 games.

I'm not necessarily saying the Warriors are a Top 1-2, or even 3 team...but assuming they can continue to be a Top 5 defense, AND if Kerr can bring an offense that moves move, is more efficient, I don't know you need to gut the team to get Kevin Love. He's a great player, but I'd hate for the W's to get him and then find out he doesn't really fit what they're trying to build...not to mention the money he's going to cost.

That said, if they are able to get him for "just" Lee + Barnes (or Iguodala???), plus sign him to a deal that doesn't cripple them moving forward, then definitely someting to consider. But I'm also not going to be disappointed if the Warriors stay status quo with a tweak or two to the bench.

I think the real question is are the Warriors a championship team with their current roster (assuming everyone is healthy). I would say the answer is no. Would they be if they traded Lee and Barnes for Love? Maybe. I think it would be more likely than what they have now. However, if it comes at a cost of not being able to sign Klay and possibly Draymond long term then I would be against it as they are key members of this team moving forward.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com