I like the idea of Lee + Barnes + #1 pick for Kevin Love (extended) for these reasons:
1. We are totally locked in with Bogut and Iggy based on contracts. No way Barnes is going to have substantial effect on current/future team. He's not a 6th man who can jump in cold and drop 17pts/8rebs in 15min a game, he needs to start to get in a rhythm to get his game going by 4th quarter.
2. Bogut is guaranteed for injury time around 15-20 games minimum. Love takes over the rebound/points Bogut would miss easily while Festus could keep the defense up. Also, let's not forget this would create a MONSTER 4/5 combo when Bogut is healthy.
3. Yes, by signing Love long term, we lose depth in making sure we can only choose Klay or Draymond to sign longterm, but we all know Klay is the more important player for us, who can put up 30pts and defend the best guard on the other team. As fun as Draymond is, Love is the better player and is a consistent All Star for a reason.
4. Adding Love and extending Klay will help GS keep Curry, especially after his pleas to keep Jackson as coach were left unheard. If we give his a strong team, Curry will WANT to stay, especially with the scariness of a Curry/Love pick n' roll
5. As much as everyone worries about depth, remember this, great players in the past/present/future will always sacrifice money for a chance at a title if they haven't gotten one (R. Lewis, C. Butler, K. Malone, G. Payton, the Big 3 (they all took less to get titles), Ray Allen, etc.). A team with Curry/Klay/Love/Bogut will have strong vets pouring in for a chance to get a title. Also, the incentive moving to San Francisco opens a higher interest in vets wanting to move and play for Warriors.
Overall, I don't think we need Love to stay successful, but if we want a chance at titles, we WILL need to get that one more star (Curry/Klay are there, Bogut isn't one) to become true contenders.