LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Igoudala sticking it to his former team
Warriors are raping teams.
Iggy on beast mode
scalabrine is the warriors assistant coach?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol layeth the smackdown
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
scalabrine is the warriors assistant coach?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
f**k. I totally guessed wrong on Thad Young vs Evan Turner in all fantasy leagues

I have seriously like no mojo left in fantasy basketball.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stephen Curry with his second career triple-double

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
WOW the Dubs only won by 20

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
WOW the Dubs only won by 20

Our bench just has too many guys with no offensive game whatsoever. Especially with no Barnes.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by crzy:
I only brought all this up because I was completely amazed at how easily Bogut got into his head and took him out of his entire game

Anyways, I'm not saying you can't win with Cousins at all. I'm just saying that I wouldn't build a team around him as my centerpiece. If you surrounded him with strong personalities and veteran guys and Cousins was maybe your 2nd or 3rd best player.......like the situation the Lakers had with Andrew Bynum.....then you'd be golden.

For example, imagine if the Cousins were on the Warriors

Cool, a Cousins talk in the GS thread brought up by a GS fan. I'll partake.

The Kings HAD to sign Cousins. They absolutely could not give up their only potential all star player. The only player who could be marketable and also intriguing. After new ownership bought the team, the excitement, the arena issues, etc, they couldn't give him up and get back some picks or some other guys that would have a huge drop off in talent. It was a necessary risk. Its easy for you to point out the maturity issues everyone has talked about the last couple of years, but guys with that talent don't get to Sac too often. We know how FA is. We don't get all star FAs in Sac. We have to hope to hit in the draft which is never guaranteed.

The new front office and coaching staff are hoping that by showing Cuz that they are committed to him and that they will actually invest in the team he will slowly mature as he grows up. Already, so far off the court he has said and done everything perfectly. The first two games he played really well and showed why they gave him the money. He had a horrendous game against GS, but the Kings' team will have a lot more of those this year. Its a young team that isn't that good yet.

Its a four year deal and IMO had to be done. After the time is up, the Kings can reassess the situation. Again, they couldn't let a talent like that walk away. I'm not sure what you think they would have got for him, but it wouldn't be an all star caliber 5.

All fair points. I totally understand the mindset of the Kings when they committed to Cousins. It's easy for me to say that they should have gone in a different direction.

I'm just not sure what the long-term goal is for Sacramento. The Kings as currently constructed are a mid 30s win team. The mid 30s are NBA purgatory. They would be better off tanking this year for a high pick in a strong draft class. But obviously they're not going to that.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
How big is the Iggy signing with Barnes out?

Warriors, when they get going, nobody so far can keep up.
The Clippers got hot but W's played terrible and too many turnovers from Steph.

If they are on like they were tonight they will be tough to beat.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Awesome! Thats Bird/Magic type s**t there!
Nobody can mess with our starting 5. Only weakness on the team is bench scoring, and that will be mitigated a bit when Barnes gets back. Maybe Bazemore should play a few more minutes too. He can score, handle the ball, and is a pretty darn good defender too. Overall, when we take care of the basketball we're near impossible to beat.
Share 49ersWebzone