There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

I can see positives and negatives in the hire. I'll choose to stay positive that, as a former player/analyst/executive, he has enough experience to be able to coach the Dubs. With a history of playing under legendary coaches like Pop and Phil, winning championships, he'll bring in discipline in practice. Implementing the triangle could be a positive and a negative. Good because we have great passing bigs and great shooters in Steph/Klay. Negative because it may take awhile for the players to get used to.

One negative I can think of is his history as a GM. Although it wasn't the greatest in Phoenix, I hope he doesn't butt heads with Bob Myers regarding the roster.

And yea, I was LOLing about the "long season" comment, too.
i'm for the hire.. just don't be surprised if we take a step back next year.. sometimes these things take time
5 years/$25 million is a load of money for a first time coach, what did he do to deserve that kind of money?
jason kidd got 4 years/$10.5 million from the Brooklyn nets
Originally posted by schmons:
5 years/$25 million is a load of money for a first time coach, what did he do to deserve that kind of money?

It is a lot of money but since it doesnt affect the salary cap or what the Dubs can pay for players I dont care to tell you the truth.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Well if they kept MJ and fail to make the playoffs next season, the same people saying it was bad call to fire him would be calling for his head. I'll save my thoughts on Kerr until I see how he coaches for a whole season.

So support for a coach is a lifelong commitment to you? I felt Jackson deserved another year, that he had done a great job up to this point and although the Warriors did not meet the preseason expectations, injuries and a ridiculously-good Western Conf had way more to do with that than the "deficiencies" of Mark Jackson. He also had unanimous buy-in of his players, or if not unanimous it was support from the players on this team who matter the most. So if he woud have came back, the team was healthy, but they didn't play well, regressed and did not make the playoffs, then there would be absolutely nothing wrong or inconsistent with fans who previously supported him now saying it's time for him to go.

I bet you love Harbaugh...but if he went 6-10 for the next year or two with a healthy/stacked roster, gonna sit there and say you wouldn't want to see a change?
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM ]

Who wanted Jason kidd lol.

he wasn't mark jackson
Long article but good read about Steve Kerr

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10895607/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-tough-enough-nba-coaching
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It is a lot of money but since it doesnt affect the salary cap or what the Dubs can pay for players I dont care to tell you the truth.

Exactly. They could pay him a billion dollars a year and it wouldn't matter to me. I'd say good on him, just don't fcuk around with the cap.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10895607/golden-state-warriors-steve-kerr-tough-enough-nba-coaching

good read.

one thing i think is a benefit in having Kerr is the development of Harrison Barnes. Kerr was a huge fan of his during his rookie year and mentioned during his broadcast throughout the season and the playoffs that he understands how being sent to the bench could have messed with the progressions.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

good read.

one thing i think is a benefit in having Kerr is the development of Harrison Barnes. Kerr was a huge fan of his during his rookie year and mentioned during his broadcast throughout the season and the playoffs that he understands how being sent to the bench could have messed with the progressions.

Wow, great read. I would have pulled an Artest if some jerk fans were saying stuff like that to me about my murdered father.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

good read.

Wow, great read. I would have pulled an Artest if some jerk fans were saying stuff like that to me about my murdered father.

He really showed amazing restraint there. We shall see how things work out but I am happy about it right now.

agreed
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

good read.

He really showed amazing restraint there. We shall see how things work out but I am happy about it right now.

Going to hope for the best but expect the worst. Like my entire life of watching the Dubs lol

good read.

Barnes gonna stay on bench though
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com