LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Klaydoe calls out Griffin

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10792687/klay-thompson-golden-state-warriors-likens-blake-griffin-bull-china-shop

Media looking to stir the pot, but I found this funny. Klay is probably the most reserved guy on the team, and even he calls out that whiny b***h Griffin. Griffin says we play cowardly while he's flopping all over the court.

I was listening to 95.7 when Thompson was on and it wasn't nearly as inflammatory as ESPN and others trying to make it...he wasn't like foaming at the mouth, screaming about Blake Griffin, he was very reserved and just matter-of-factly (accurately) described Griffin's game.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10792687/klay-thompson-golden-state-warriors-likens-blake-griffin-bull-china-shop

Media looking to stir the pot, but I found this funny. Klay is probably the most reserved guy on the team, and even he calls out that whiny b***h Griffin. Griffin says we play cowardly while he's flopping all over the court.

I was listening to 95.7 when Thompson was on and it wasn't nearly as inflammatory as ESPN and others trying to make it...he wasn't like foaming at the mouth, screaming about Blake Griffin, he was very reserved and just matter-of-factly (accurately) described Griffin's game.

yup. even said that Blake is a cool dude off the court
better win tomorrow yo... shock em!
expect a blow out tomorrow

i think it goes full 7, with home team winning every game
Originally posted by ads_2006:
expect a blow out tomorrow

i think it goes full 7, with home team winning every game

I think Clips win in 5. I really hope I am wrong but its hard for me to see the Warriors winning 2 games without Bogut.
Need to win one in LA

LET'S GO DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realistically clips in 6.. but i hope they prove me wrong
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Apr 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM ]
i got some rib eyes ready for grilling tomorrow.. can't wait
got my mullin jersey READY

Cool. Thanks for putting that into proper context. I had a feeling ESPN was trying to blow it out of proportion.

Nonetheless, I appreciate Klay's honesty.

It's a tiny silver lining, but maybe, just maybe, Bogut being out will relieve almost all pressure from the Warriors and put it on the Clippers...Dubs weren't going to be favored anyway, but now with Bogut out? Clips are supposed to steamroll them...which, they probably will. But just imagine if the Warriors steal one of these first 2 games down in LA, Clippers losing at home to the W's minus Bogut?

Pretty flimsy I know, but that's about all I got.
It's a tiny silver lining, but maybe, just maybe, Bogut being out will relieve almost all pressure from the Warriors and put it on the Clippers...Dubs weren't going to be favored anyway, but now with Bogut out? Clips are supposed to steamroll them...which, they probably will. But just imagine if the Warriors steal one of these first 2 games down in LA, Clippers losing at home to the W's minus Bogut?

Dubs stand a chance if we can limit turnovers. Tough to do given our style of play, and Clips are very good at forcing turnovers. Clips are vicious on the break.

Force them to play half-court offense. They suck at FTs, but shoot a ton of them. Be smart with fouls. Hack-a-Jordan to throw off their rhythm.

Attack the offensive glass. Clips are actually ranked near the bottom of defensive rebound %, surprising because you assume Jordan and Griffin dominate the glass.

Dubs stand a chance if we can limit turnovers. Tough to do given our style of play, and Clips are very good at forcing turnovers. Clips are vicious on the break.

Force them to play half-court offense. They suck at FTs, but shoot a ton of them. Be smart with fouls. Hack-a-Jordan to throw off their rhythm.

Attack the offensive glass. Clips are actually ranked near the bottom of defensive rebound %, surprising because you assume Jordan and Griffin dominate the glass.

Those are good points, will take near-flawless execution to pull it off...to me the wildcard is Iguodala, he is going to have to play All-NBA-level stifling defense, pick up some of Bogut's rebounds, AND be that catalyst we saw on offense early in the season prior to the (first) injury.

I'd throw Barnes into that mix as well, if he can continue this little run of success he's had lately and look like Good Barnes from last year's playoffs which included very good defense, that will greatly improve the Warriors' chances.
If I was coaching the Dubs I would play Armstrong and Kuzmec and use all 12 of their fouls to hack Griffin and Jordan. Wouldnt make it fun to watch but might be the best strategy for winning with Bogut out.
Share 49ersWebzone