There are 222 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
As someone who still has memories as a little kid of the '75 championship team and all the pain, mediocrity, and flat-out suckage that followed, getting 50 wins is definitely great, a season we'll all remember. Just too bad it had to happen when the West is so deep, and between injuries and too many off nights--especially at home--this team underachieved.

With Bogut they'd have a puncher's chance vs. Clips in a 7-game series, but without him they have no shot, Grifin and Jordan will run roughshod over the Dubs. As for Bogut, hard to fault a guy looking out for his health, but many people have played with busted ribs in sports a lot more physical than basketball...I told you guys he'd miss some playoff games. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back during the series.

I dont know that this team really underachieved to be honest. With injuries to Bogut, Lee, Iggy, and Ezeli a 50 win season is pretty darn good . DId they lose some games they should have won? Sure. But they also won some games that they played great and beat good teams too.

Reality is the best they could have hoped for in the West was a 4th seed. San Antonio, OKC,and LAC, simply have more talent and are better teams. The Warriors are not a 57+ team win and 54 wins was probably about the max for this team.

Agreed they beat some good teams, but with the talent the Warriors have that should be expected that you'll get a few of those wins...losses to teams like the Cavs, Bobcats (x2), Wizards, etc. were killers. I could see maybe 3 or 4 of those, 1 at home, but there were too many. No, the Warriors aren't conference big boys yet, but without the "bad" losses I think they're comfortably at 4 and challenging for 3.

Obviously the injuries did play a part in some of those losses...you expect key guys to miss a game here-and-there, but not the extended time missed by Lee, Bogut, and Iguodala....and you can throw in O'Neal. So yes I say they underachieved, but it's with the caveat that injuries factored into that. It's also why I'm not as down on Jackson as some are...for his faults, he's still the coach that helped turn this franchise around and he seems to have a genuine connection with the players.
Matt Steinmetz: poor Mark Jackson....if Nellie got to 50 wins and his team in the playoffs for the second straight year, they'd give him a 6 yr contract extension

lol
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As someone who still has memories as a little kid of the '75 championship team and all the pain, mediocrity, and flat-out suckage that followed, getting 50 wins is definitely great, a season we'll all remember. Just too bad it had to happen when the West is so deep, and between injuries and too many off nights--especially at home--this team underachieved.

With Bogut they'd have a puncher's chance vs. Clips in a 7-game series, but without him they have no shot, Grifin and Jordan will run roughshod over the Dubs. As for Bogut, hard to fault a guy looking out for his health, but many people have played with busted ribs in sports a lot more physical than basketball...I told you guys he'd miss some playoff games. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back during the series.

I dont know that this team really underachieved to be honest. With injuries to Bogut, Lee, Iggy, and Ezeli a 50 win season is pretty darn good . DId they lose some games they should have won? Sure. But they also won some games that they played great and beat good teams too.

Reality is the best they could have hoped for in the West was a 4th seed. San Antonio, OKC,and LAC, simply have more talent and are better teams. The Warriors are not a 57+ team win and 54 wins was probably about the max for this team.

Agreed they beat some good teams, but with the talent the Warriors have that should be expected that you'll get a few of those wins...losses to teams like the Cavs, Bobcats (x2), Wizards, etc. were killers. I could see maybe 3 or 4 of those, 1 at home, but there were too many. No, the Warriors aren't conference big boys yet, but without the "bad" losses I think they're comfortably at 4 and challenging for 3.

Obviously the injuries did play a part in some of those losses...you expect key guys to miss a game here-and-there, but not the extended time missed by Lee, Bogut, and Iguodala....and you can throw in O'Neal. So yes I say they underachieved, but it's with the caveat that injuries factored into that. It's also why I'm not as down on Jackson as some are...for his faults, he's still the coach that helped turn this franchise around and he seems to have a genuine connection with the players.

Will have to agree to disagree. 50 wins with a bit of a flawed roster early on (Terrible bench), several key injuries, and playing in the west just doesnt equate to underperforming to me. Some games for sure but in the long run I think 50 is where they should be. Also, dont think they are comfortably a 4 seed as Houston is a lot better than you seem to be giving them credit for. Afterall, they have beaten the Warriors 19 of their last 23 times
8 seed in the west with damn near 50 wins lol. The East is a joke
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Matt Steinmetz: poor Mark Jackson....if Nellie got to 50 wins and his team in the playoffs for the second straight year, they'd give him a 6 yr contract extension

lol

lol

What ever happened to Steinmetz? He left CSN Bay Area and now he's not on 95.7 The Game anymore.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

lol

lol

What ever happened to Steinmetz? He left CSN Bay Area and now he's not on 95.7 The Game anymore.

i know that he and O'Connell got cut from The Game. then he got cut from CSN for Bucher and Monte Poole

lol

lol

i know that he and O'Connell got cut from The Game. then he got cut from CSN for Bucher and Monte Poole

Never liked him

lol

lol

Ah ok. I like Bucher and Poole better anyhow.
i like steinmetz.. except for the fact that he always criticizes steph curry for some reason lol

what's he doing now? besides tweeting lol
We are royally screwed without Bogut!

Barnes with 30!

Crawford with 41

both career highs. fun fact of the night
Originally posted by YungAce:
Barnes with 30!

Crawford with 41

both career highs. fun fact of the night

Maybe they'll finally heat up for you guys. You're gonna need all the help you can get. I'll be rooting for ya!
Barnes and Crawford balled last night. This should give them huge confidence right in time for the playoffs.
whats the deal with fetus, i heard he was cleared for contact and to begin practicing not too long ago. dubs need big bodies
good to see Barnes and Crawford tear it up. normally i'm the positive one, but although Barnes had a career night, he needs to practice his FTs lol
Share 49ersWebzone