LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 410 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The Dubs I think are legit favorites against a couple teams (in the playoffs), and have a puncher's chance vs. the rest...except for San Antonio. Hopefully the Warriors don't drop below 6 so they don't have to face the Spurs in Round 1, and just hope someone else knocks them off along the way.

Re: Barnes...I keep defending him and he just continues to disappoint. Then again, so does Iguodala, although at times he's still a shut-down defender. The Warriors need at least one of those guys to flip the switch come playoff time, but both would be nice.

i'm with you on Barnes. i'm still on his bandwagon considering this is only his second year. but......if we were to have a trade package for him and others for another young big, i'd do it in a heartbeat #Drummond

I know the plan was once they got Iguodala that Barnes would be a high-energy, scoring sixth man coming off the bench. But with the clarity of hindsight, too bad they didn't deal Barnes when his stock was at an all-time high after last year's playoffs.
the problem with Barnes is he's really not great at anything. hes just ok at everything
he's not an elite defender, shooter or anything

SIGN AND TRADE BARNES AND IGGY FOR LEBRON
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by binarythird:
Why though? They can trot out their B-team and school us, why is that? It's because they have a great system and an intelligent coach - we have neither. They are a disciplined team that takes good shots. They don't tolerate stupidity and they always have a strategy (blitz Curry). Seeing MJ get raped by Pop repeatedly is tiring.

The Dubs I think are legit favorites against a couple teams (in the playoffs), and have a puncher's chance vs. the rest...except for San Antonio. Hopefully the Warriors don't drop below 6 so they don't have to face the Spurs in Round 1, and just hope someone else knocks them off along the way.

Re: Barnes...I keep defending him and he just continues to disappoint. Then again, so does Iguodala, although at times he's still a shut-down defender. The Warriors need at least one of those guys to flip the switch come playoff time, but both would be nice.

The Warriors will be underdogs in any playoff round they play. No way are they legit favorites against either San Antonio, OKC, LAC, or Houston which are the teams they would face. I dont see them beating any of these teams to be honest with you but if they do it will be an upset.

Regarding Barnes... there is no defense for him at this point. He simply is overmatched on the court and failing to produce anything. In reality, I think he is lucky right now to get any minutes. No comparison at all to Iggy who is a huge contributor on the defensive side and makes the Warriors a better team. ( I am disapponted however that he isnt much better as a scorer)
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
the problem with Barnes is he's really not great at anything. hes just ok at everything

this

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Warriors will be underdogs in any playoff round they play. No way are they legit favorites against either San Antonio, OKC, LAC, or Houston which are the teams they would face. I dont see them beating any of these teams to be honest with you but if they do it will be an upset.

Regarding Barnes... there is no defense for him at this point. He simply is overmatched on the court and failing to produce anything. In reality, I think he is lucky right now to get any minutes. No comparison at all to Iggy who is a huge contributor on the defensive side and makes the Warriors a better team. ( I am disapponted however that he isnt much better as a scorer)

if we were matched up against LAC or HOU, i see us being competitive. we've battled these teams consistently this season and we shouldn't be dismissed if we were to play them in the playoffs
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

this

if we were matched up against LAC or HOU, i see us being competitive. we've battled these teams consistently this season and we shouldn't be dismissed if we were to play them in the playoffs

Competitive yes but hardly favorites. I think the series would go 6 or 7 but I would be surprised with a win in the end.
Competitive yes but hardly favorites. I think the series would go 6 or 7 but I would be surprised with a win in the end.

obviously the higher seeded teams are gonna be favorites

obviously the higher seeded teams are gonna be favorites

Yep. The Dubs are 4-9 against the top 4 teams in the West. Obviously cant be considered favorites in any series.
In what's become an increasingly dysfunctional atmosphere,Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson has forced a reassignment of assistant coach Brian Scalabrine, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ownership and management have been strong advocates of Scalabrine and his performance on the job, sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, Warriors officials decided that as long as Jackson is the head coach, he'll have control of his coaching staff.

It is immediately unclear what kind of a role the Warriors will transition Scalabrine, but management has no intention of letting him leave the organization, sources said.

Over the past two years, Jackson's difficulty with managing his coaching staff and creating a functional work environment has developed into one of the issues that threatens his future on the job, league sources said.

Scalabrine, who joined the staff in July, was Jackson's choice as an assistant coach. For two straight years, Jackson has had issues with assistant coaches that he hired. Michael Malone and Jackson would go weeks without speaking to each other a year ago, league sources said. Malone left Golden State to become the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

Jackson, in his third year at the helm of the Warriors, has one year left on his contract, but has come under increased scrutiny within the organization for how he has run the team and worked on the job. There have been no conversations about an extension for Jackson – nor are they expected to take place, sources said.

Jackson has tried and failed to get involved with several head coaching openings over the past several months, including the Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets, league sources said.

Scalabrine, 36, had an 11-year NBA playing career. He had been offered a chance to join Tom Thibodeau's coaching staff with the Chicago Bulls after finishing his playing career there in 2012, but elected to try broadcast media for a year. He had come to Jackson's staff highly recommended by Thibodeau.

Golden State is 44-27 and the sixth seed in the Western Conference.

First time hearing some of this stuff
In what's become an increasingly dysfunctional atmosphere,Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson has forced a reassignment of assistant coach Brian Scalabrine, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ownership and management have been strong advocates of Scalabrine and his performance on the job, sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, Warriors officials decided that as long as Jackson is the head coach, he'll have control of his coaching staff.

It is immediately unclear what kind of a role the Warriors will transition Scalabrine, but management has no intention of letting him leave the organization, sources said.

Over the past two years, Jackson's difficulty with managing his coaching staff and creating a functional work environment has developed into one of the issues that threatens his future on the job, league sources said.

Scalabrine, who joined the staff in July, was Jackson's choice as an assistant coach. For two straight years, Jackson has had issues with assistant coaches that he hired. Michael Malone and Jackson would go weeks without speaking to each other a year ago, league sources said. Malone left Golden State to become the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

Jackson, in his third year at the helm of the Warriors, has one year left on his contract, but has come under increased scrutiny within the organization for how he has run the team and worked on the job. There have been no conversations about an extension for Jackson – nor are they expected to take place, sources said.

Jackson has tried and failed to get involved with several head coaching openings over the past several months, including the Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets, league sources said.

Scalabrine, 36, had an 11-year NBA playing career. He had been offered a chance to join Tom Thibodeau's coaching staff with the Chicago Bulls after finishing his playing career there in 2012, but elected to try broadcast media for a year. He had come to Jackson's staff highly recommended by Thibodeau.

Golden State is 44-27 and the sixth seed in the Western Conference.

First time hearing some of this stuff

If true. I would show him the door. Great coaches mentor their assistant coaches - not have weeks without talking to them.
If true. I would show him the door. Great coaches mentor their assistant coaches - not have weeks without talking to them.

jackson is all ego, too. with malone, players trusted him more. went to him for assignments, not jackson.

He's our version of Vinny Del Negro.
Scalabrine reassigned to Santa Cruz? Lolwut I didn't even know it was possible for coaches to be moved like that
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM ]
Gonna trade Mark Jackson to the Browns
Scalabrine gonna recruit Thibs to coach the dubs
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Scalabrine gonna recruit Thibs to coach the dubs

Do you think the W's see him as a future HC?
Share 49ersWebzone