There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
if afflalo got 8 year per, thompson may command more.

Good point.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
too low

Probably right. Here's a look at what a few other 2 guards make:

DeMar DeRozan -- $9.5 mil
Rodney Stuckey -- $8.5 mil
OJ Mayo -- $8 mil
Marcus Thornton -- $8 mil
Monta Ellis -- $8 mil
Arron Afflalo -- $7.75

I would pick Klay over any of these guys. Maybe that's the homer in me, but I think he's a better player based on his lethal jumper coming off screens, he developed into one heck of a defender last year, and continues to improve his all-around game. I'm not sure how much higher we would go considering Curry will get paid between $10 - $12 mil per through the life of his deal. I guess Klay could command $10 mil per season.

I'd pick Klay over those guys too.

Remember...when Steph signed that deal, he had missed a lot of time with ankle issues and hadn't blossomed into the star that he is now. $10-$12M for Klay sounds about right.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd pick Klay over those guys too.

Remember...when Steph signed that deal, he had missed a lot of time with ankle issues and hadn't blossomed into the star that he is now. $10-$12M for Klay sounds about right.

Good point. Steph's current deal is probably one of the NBA's greatest bargains.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd pick Klay over those guys too.

Remember...when Steph signed that deal, he had missed a lot of time with ankle issues and hadn't blossomed into the star that he is now. $10-$12M for Klay sounds about right.

Good point. Steph's current deal is probably one of the NBA's greatest bargains.

No doubt about it. He'd be a no-brainer max player if he was a free agent right now.
anybody interested in joining a fantasy basketball league? all members are from this site

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/168197-basketball-2013-draft-8pm-cst/#post1

we need 1 more guy...draft is tomorrow 6PM PST
Originally posted by jrg:
anybody interested in joining a fantasy basketball league? all members are from this site

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/168197-basketball-2013-draft-8pm-cst/#post1

we need 1 more guy...draft is tomorrow 6PM PST

is it espn?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
anybody interested in joining a fantasy basketball league? all members are from this site

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/168197-basketball-2013-draft-8pm-cst/#post1

we need 1 more guy...draft is tomorrow 6PM PST

is it espn?

yahoo
By signing Iggy, the Warriors may have to make a choice between Barnes or Thompson. It reminded me of ten years ago when the kings had to made a decision between peja and hedo.
got my tix for wednesday booooooooy.. too hyped
Originally posted by jrg:
anybody interested in joining a fantasy basketball league? all members are from this site

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/168197-basketball-2013-draft-8pm-cst/#post1

we need 1 more guy...draft is tomorrow 6PM PST

You guys still open?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lol at bogut's charity. If he wanted to be charitable, he would've taken a lesser contract. I know the market for bigs are outrageous but 38 for 3yrs is very risky for someone who is made out of glass. I don't know how much of a incentive they could give a player but a 3/24 deal with incentive would've been fair IMO.

disagree with this. granted he's had plenty of injury issues, but when he does play, he's probably a top 5 center. he's currently in great shape and probably the healthiest he's been in years. 3/36 is damn good for a legit center.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lol at bogut's charity. If he wanted to be charitable, he would've taken a lesser contract. I know the market for bigs are outrageous but 38 for 3yrs is very risky for someone who is made out of glass. I don't know how much of a incentive they could give a player but a 3/24 deal with incentive would've been fair IMO.

disagree with this. granted he's had plenty of injury issues, but when he does play, he's probably a top 5 center. he's currently in great shape and probably the healthiest he's been in years. 3/36 is damn good for a legit center.

Agreed. A talented center is going to get paid even if there are risks that go with it. Look at it this way, what would the Warriors do if they didnt sign Bogut? I doubt anyone would want our starting center to be Ezili.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Bogut's contract was perfect for both sides. He's easily worth it if he stays healthy.
http://t.co/vqgVCeT0Ao hyped!
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Oct 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
http://t.co/vqgVCeT0Ao hyped!

Is that a real link?.....I'm scared to click on links like that because they could be a virus
I will predict for Warriors this year............... 48-34 and a 6 seed in playoffs. I would love to see 50+ wins but still somewhat skeptical on that many wins.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com