LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Good deal for Bogut. Fair value for a center who has a big impact in games. Just pray he stays healthy.
At least one bay area franchise knows how to not spend a ton of money on their free agents.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
At least one bay area franchise knows how to not spend a ton of money on their free agents.

This
Fair deal for both sides I think.
Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick
To clarify: playing 65 games per doesn't give Bogut incentives. He must do that & achieve either All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defensive, or DPOY

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe 3m
One of the reasons Bogut gave some money back was to help the Warriors sign Klay Thompson long term

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Starter finally released their Warriors satin jacket for $150

that is sick
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick
To clarify: playing 65 games per doesn't give Bogut incentives. He must do that & achieve either All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defensive, or DPOY

One of the reasons Bogut gave some money back was to help the Warriors sign Klay Thompson long term

fml

harrison barnes will be dangled
Originally posted by ads_2006:
fml

Sign and trade Barnes and Klay for BronBron in the offseason
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick

lol at bogut's charity. If he wanted to be charitable, he would've taken a lesser contract. I know the market for bigs are outrageous but 38 for 3yrs is very risky for someone who is made out of glass. I don't know how much of a incentive they could give a player but a 3/24 deal with incentive would've been fair IMO.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
fml

Klay is much closer to free agency than Barnes. They have to pay him first.
What do you guys think Klay's value is money wise? I'm thinking roughly $8 mil per season at the most. Too high or too low?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
What do you guys think Klay's value is money wise? I'm thinking roughly $8 mil per season at the most. Too high or too low?

if afflalo got 8 year per, thompson may command more.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

too low
Originally posted by pdizo916:
if afflalo got 8 year per, thompson may command more.

Good point.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
too low

Probably right. Here's a look at what a few other 2 guards make:

DeMar DeRozan -- $9.5 mil
Rodney Stuckey -- $8.5 mil
OJ Mayo -- $8 mil
Marcus Thornton -- $8 mil
Monta Ellis -- $8 mil
Arron Afflalo -- $7.75

I would pick Klay over any of these guys. Maybe that's the homer in me, but I think he's a better player based on his lethal jumper coming off screens, he developed into one heck of a defender last year, and continues to improve his all-around game. I'm not sure how much higher we would go considering Curry will get paid between $10 - $12 mil per through the life of his deal. I guess Klay could command $10 mil per season.
Share 49ersWebzone