LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Can somebody answer me this? How can the Warriors with the talent they have put up a performance like that and get blown out by the Bulls?

Because Mark Jackson is a terrible coach. We need an actually basketball coach, not a motivative talker.

This - this is what I'm thinking more and more is true. I'm thinking about the possibilities with this team under a better coach...games like tonight wouldn't/shouldn't happen much at all with the talent here.
Can somebody answer me this? How can the Warriors with the talent they have put up a performance like that and get blown out by the Bulls?

You must not follow the NBA that closely. Every team does it. OKC gave up 42 pts to CLEVELAND tonight at home and lost. Over 82 games s**t happens every so often.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You must not follow the NBA that closely. Every team does it. OKC gave up 42 pts to CLEVELAND tonight at home and lost. Over 82 games s**t happens every so often.

You're right, I don't follow the NBA that closely. I'm an NFL/49ers fan and am having withdrawals already - the draft can't get here fast enough. That said, I've followed most of my life the Warriors and the SF Giants in the football offseason as a time-filler until OTAs, etc., start back up again. Watching the Warriors this year, I've seen too many games like tonight - more than I think a team with this talent should have, in my opinion (of course it's a given that every NBA team puts up crappy performances every now and then). Mark Jackson was a great PG...I'm just starting to wonder about his abilities as a good coach.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM ]

You're right, I don't follow the NBA that closely. I'm an NFL/49ers fan and am having withdrawals already - the draft can't get here fast enough. That said, I've followed most of my life the Warriors and the SF Giants in the football offseason as a time-filler until OTAs, etc., start back up again. Watching the Warriors this year, I've seen too many games like tonight - more than I think a team with this talent should have, in my opinion (of course it's a given that every NBA team puts up crappy performances every now and then). Mark Jackson was a great PG...I'm just starting to wonder about his abilities as a good coach.

I dont disagree with you on Jackson. I would LOVE to get a coach like Tom Thibodeau or someone who can get the best out of this team. I just think a game like tonight happens and you have to throw it out. This was more on the players and the incredible defense the Bulls played.
I dont disagree with you on Jackson. I would LOVE to get a coach like Tom Thibodeau or someone who can get the best out of this team. I just think a game like tonight happens and you have to throw it out. This was more on the players and the incredible defense the Bulls played.

I think what he's getting at though is these games have been too frequent for how talented this team is
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I think what he's getting at though is these games have been too frequent for how talented this team is

This. I understand we had a lot of key injuries this year but this Bulls game, we had everyone playing and still got smacked when the Bull were coming off of a back to back. It was inexcusable imo.
Jackson on DP Show right now avoiding questions about last night's loss.
i've been on board with getting a better coach, but let's not discredit what Jackson has done to help the franchise the past two seasons. according to Ric Bucher and Marcus Thompson, Jackson doesnt get enough credit on coaching his players and calling some XsOs

I get that but the team is 12 games over .500 and hasnt had their full team out there most of the year. Let's see what happens with them over the next 2 months with a healthy squad.

Quite frankly though, I think the talent of the Warriors is overrated. Thompson is a very streaky shooter whose offense game is very one dimensional. Iggy basically is not an offensive threat and his shot has disappeared. Bogut has played well but he has no offensive game either outside of 5 feet. The bench for most of the year has been a disaster and Iggy's contract forced them to have some marginal players giving them minutes.

The Warriors have a good but not great roster. It is good enough to be a playoff team but people are kidding themselves if they think this is really a team that could go more than a round or 2 in the playoffs.

This. I understand we had a lot of key injuries this year but this Bulls game, we had everyone playing and still got smacked when the Bull were coming off of a back to back. It was inexcusable imo.

All the teams lose games they shouldnt on the road to inferior teams. Its called the NBA. Look at the 2 time defending Miami Heat:
Lost to:
Philly
Boston (at home)
Detroit (at home)
Chicago BY 20
Sacramento
NY Knicks
Washington BY 17
Utah

Last night the Warriors simply ran into a team that has been hot (7 of their last 8) and took Curry completely out of the game.

High expectations is something new for us warrior fans

All the teams lose games they shouldnt on the road to inferior teams. Its called the NBA. Look at the 2 time defending Miami Heat:
Lost to:
Philly
Boston (at home)
Detroit (at home)
Chicago BY 20
Sacramento
NY Knicks
Washington BY 17
Utah

Last night the Warriors simply ran into a team that has been hot (7 of their last 8) and took Curry completely out of the game.

this. they shut down Curry and no one stepped up
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lost to:
Philly
Boston (at home)
Detroit (at home)
Chicago BY 20
Sacramento
NY Knicks
Washington BY 17
Utah

I think Miami was 5-5 at the start of January. Teams are going to hit a rough patch from time to time during the course of 82 game season. I'll be annoyed if that patch comes after all-star break...but it happens.

Losses like the one to the Bulls on the road are going to happen...it's the Warriors playing poorly/losing to scrub teams at HOME that is more concerning to me.

Tonight has got to be a bounce-back game, they're facing a Knicks team that just isn't very good and is playing second game of back-to-back...the Warriors are clearly the better team and should win....no excuses.
blake with the ill dime
Share 49ersWebzone