There are 250 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Arco = best home crowd

Someone is stuck in 2002 lol

When it was arco was it not the best home crowd?

you take out the cowbells and you have nothing
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Bill: Why do I feel a "Top 30 Floors" column coming from you this season? Here's what else the Dubs bring to the table: very good announcers. Great team chemistry. Likable players. West Coast start times.

Jim Barnett is the best color man in the NBA. He sees/explains even the subtle little things, like spacing on a fast break or a defender undercutting a screen. He's not loud, he doesn't do things for effect, he just explains the the game. It's just too bad he's still teamed up with "Fitz" after all these years. There's only one guy who should be in that play-by-play chair, and that's Greg Papa.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Jim Barnett is the best color man in the NBA. He sees/explains even the subtle little things, like spacing on a fast break or a defender undercutting a screen. He's not loud, he doesn't do things for effect, he just explains the the game. It's just too bad he's still teamed up with "Fitz" after all these years. There's only one guy who should be in that play-by-play chair, and that's Greg Papa.

Agree about Barnett. I've tuned into other team's games and listened to their announcers. Barnett is the best that I've heard. I like Fitz, but sometimes he dominates the broadcast when he should be sticking to play-by-play. Leave the color commentary to Barnett.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Bill: Why do I feel a "Top 30 Floors" column coming from you this season? Here's what else the Dubs bring to the table: very good announcers. Great team chemistry. Likable players. West Coast start times.

Biggest mistake letting Papa go, Fitzgerald can EAD
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Fitz is average. He is nothing special; easily replaceable.. But he isn't the complete assault on the ears that some warriors fans make him out to be.

Im a huge fan of Barnett but he might be getting replaced by Tolbert who I also like a lot
Fitz is average. He is nothing special; easily replaceable.. But he isn't the complete assault on the ears that some warriors fans make him out to be.

Im a huge fan of Barnett but he might be getting replaced by Tolbert who I also like a lot

Bill King was by far the best Warriors play by play announcer ever. He was awesome at every sport but I always thought basketball was his best.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Bill King was by far the best Warriors play by play announcer ever. He was awesome at every sport but I always thought basketball was his best.

I've heard several people say that about bill king including rick Barry.

Too young to truly appreciate him but he is mentioned by everyone in the business as the greatest ever
steph being the sixth best player in the nba?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9858105/2013-nba-player-rankings-6
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Should be higher

i'll be so happy if Tolbert gets a shot

I've heard several people say that about bill king including rick Barry.

Too young to truly appreciate him but he is mentioned by everyone in the business as the greatest ever
Not Warriors but this was a classic Bill King call.

Fitzgerald is a smarmy little p***k who backstabbed Papa to get that job back in the mid-90s...that's why there is zero emotion/chemistry when those two do the little post-game "toss" between the CSN studio show with Papa and Fitz/Barnett at the game.

As for Barnett and Tolbert, man I hope that's not true, although wouldn't be surprised if they did some s*** like the A's have done where they pull Ray Fosse off TV for a few games at a time and bring in Scott Hatteberg.

I don't care too much for Tolbert's radio show, but he is decent as a game analyst...but I don't think he's nearly as good as Barnett, and although Barnett is older, he's still sharp as a tack, understands the "modern" game, and has way too much in the tank to put him out pasture just yet. Hopefully he's around a few more years and can be a part of the Warriors "resurgence"...but when he does go, Tolbert would be a good replacement.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Should be higher

dem ankles
Not Warriors but this was a classic Bill King call.

Yeah, the Holy Roller call...Bill King was a wordsmith, and that is one of the greatest calls of all-time, "...impossible dream of a play, Madden wants to know if it's real, they said yes, get your big butt outta here, he does, there's nothing real in the world anymore..."

Share 49ersWebzone